• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard My Vespiquen Zebstrika Deck

SirKnight

Securing the win
Ello pokebeach, this is Victory Victini here, and im gonna show off my Vespiquen Zebstrika deck, anyway here we go!

Pokemon Total: 29
4x Combee from Ancient Origins
4x Vespiquen from Ancient Origins
4x Unown from Ancient Origins
3x Blitzle from BREAKpoint
3x Zebstrika from BREAKpoint
3x Remoraid from BREAKthrough
2x Octillery from BREAKthrough
3x Klefki from Steam Siege
1x Eevee from Ancient Origins
1x Vaporeon from Ancient Origins

Trainer Total: 27
4x Professor Sycamore
2x N
2x Lysandre
1x Pokemon Ranger
1x Team Flare Grunt

4x Ultra Ball
4x Vs Seeker
4x Acro Bike
2x Special charge
1x Revitalizer
1x Float Stone
1x Forest of Giant Plants

Energy Total: 4
4x Double Colorless Energy

Man that took forever to type on a small laptop.

Anyway thats my List oof Vespiquen Zebstrika, comment any changes you would make, and be nice.

Anyway this is it for me, until then, au revoir!

A nice start to a Meta Vespiquen build! The way I see it, this deck could take two roads; 1. A stage one box, or 2. A speed Vespiquen build.
Read the following choose your own adventure, and pick the best for you!

Road 1
- Stage 1 Box
I you chose this path, I would suggest:
- Cut One Zebstika line (blitzle & zebstrika 1-1)
You only need the 2-2 line as zebstrika is only really useful against Yveltals and M Rayquaza-EX in the current meta, and using two is all you need in these matchups.
- Cut One Remoraid
Having a 3-2 split is unnecessary and we need to make space for a lot of additions that I'm about to recommend.
- Cut One Team Flare Grunt
Having seeker-able energy disruption really isn't necessary in a Vespiquen build of any kind.
- Cut One FOGP
Having a one off stadium is too inconsistent, and this specific one, won't benefit the deck as much. By the time you get into lategame when you can finally dig it out, you will already have evolved all of your 'Quens. Also, vespiquen is the only thing to benefit off this.
-Cut One Acro Bike/Pokemon Ranger
We need space for a few very necessary additions. Choose one of them to cut, your choice, but you don't need to cut both.

- Add One Zoroark line (zoroa & zoroark 1-1)
This one off line of black foxes will greatly help your rainbow road, rayquaza, volcanion and the All New, Shiny, Overhyped Turbo Dark matchups sooooo much. If you find it necessary after testing, you could possibly cut a 1-1 Vespiquen line for another Zoroark line.
- Add One Float stone
Like the FOGP, having the one off is too inconsistent. I believe that this deck requires two float stone; one for zoroark, one for octillery (or just anywhere), and doubling the count will greatly help.
- Add Four Level Ball
When looking into my own build and other builds from miscellaneous interwebs, I completely kicked myself up some un-namable places for not seeing it. Level ball is your best frind in this deck, being able to dig for everything but zoroark and zebstrika at no resource loss and is completely necessary.

These are my thoughts on making Your list into a better stage one box. Now for the other road.

Road 2
Speed Vespiquen
If you chose this option...
- Cut All Octillery (3-2)
For this list, we will need some BURST draw support...
- Cut One Team Flare Grunt
Same as above. Unnecessary and slow, there is no integral consistent advantage that energy disruption will grant you in a Vespiquen build IMO.
- Cut One Float Stone??
I'm not sure about this one yet, but if you are in need of extra space, cut this as I will suggest other forms of movement later in this section.
- Cut FOGP
Same as above. Inconsistent and you need a lot of space for a consistent count.
- Cut One Pokémon Ranger
Its not that necessary in this deck. I'm not too sure how much utility you could find with this card in this deck other than Glaceon-EX, but you could lysandre and/or zebstrika around it.
- Cut One Zebstrika line (1-1)
Same as above. Not as relevant with the drop of popularity in Yveltal-Garb. Still useful but can't much utility at the moment IMO.

- Add 4 (3 if you don't own enough but no less) SHAYMIN EX (our god and compressor)
Speed and the burst draw support I mentioned above, this 110 HP EX is your new best friend for speed.
- Add 1 Klefki
You have 3, so make it 4 for extra damage or more stall.
- Add 4 Level Ball
Same as above. Ball of the Year 2016-2017 (for now IMO)
- Add 1 Escape rope
Switch and Switch power. This is your stone swap. (1/2)
- Add 1 Switch/Escape rope
Your choice. Extra switching power.

These are my thoughts for your list, so take it with a grain of salt,

RayquazaTopaz34

Figure out a way to run shaymin. If you can't run 3 shaymin, don't play the deck. You won't draw anything.

Back