Ruling My son found a Ralts Error?

myca

Aspiring Trainer
[/color][/size][/font][size=large]
Help!!! My son collects Pokemon's like crazy and has found an obvious error on a 2005 Ralts from Delta Species. This card has no 50HP and the eye symbol is gray!!! Also, the ears(?) are much more orange than a regular Ralts. If anyone can tell me ANYTHING it would be greatly appreciated!!

Does it match this scan?
081.jpg

If it doesn't then he got a fake.
(Give me your address & I'll send you a real one)

It looks like it didn't go through the last part of the printing process. Things like cereal boxes have to go through the printer a few times for different colors.

ralts.jpg

Here's a good scan of it. No HP 50 and the eye symbol is grey not black. It came in a pack of Dragon Frontiers (?) from a fred Meyer

myca said:
ralts.jpg

Here's a good scan of it. No HP 50 and the eye symbol is grey not black. It came in a pack of Dragon Frontiers from a fred Meyer

It's 100% fake if you got it in a dragon frontiers booster.

Also, if it missed the last stage of the printing process, why are all the other black letters there? I think that it's a flaw in the ink since the black lines on the front ear(?) fade toward the top! Also, there is a tiny black speck where the "50HP" should start. You can actually see both of these things in the picture above.
I should also point out that it is to the best of my 8 yr olds memory that it was from a Dragon Frontiers pack!!!! Haha
If you look at my last post, my son is 8 yrs old and and says that it was from dragon frontiers. We have never bought him the little packs of cards either, they are always the boxes or tins. (instead of $15-$20 cash for allowance)

It looks kinda real to me BUT since you got it from the EX Dragon Frontiers instead of EX Delta Species, then I think it is a fake card. Maybe you can scan the card from the back view so that we can double check our theory about the missing 50 HP & not a misprint or whatsoever...

Psychic Pokemon Master said:
It looks kinda real to me BUT since you got it from the EX Dragon Frontiers instead of EX Delta Species, then I think it is a fake card. Maybe you can scan the card from the back view so that we can double check our theory about the missing 50 HP & not a misprint or whatsoever...

Like I said in most of my posts, my son IS 8 YRS OLD and thinks that it came from dragon frontiers. He has over 1500 cards and has been collecting them for maybe 1 1/2 yrs. I think that I will just go to the card shop and see what they say. If you look at the card it is pretty obvious that it is a flaw in the ink.[/u] Also, how can there be one fake one and all the rest a fine? We have never bought cards from anywhere but Fred Meyer, Target, or Toys r Us and have never heard of anyone of these stores to sell fake cards. Fakes are on the internet or weird card shops or dollar stores and we have never gotten any from anywhere like that.

I think that it might be a fake....as I enlardged both the images (The scan that I got from the main page's scans & your one) on MS Paint, & I saw a slight fade on your one also the name dosen't match with the box around the picture of the Pokémon.

*I'll post the pic when I get home of my findings (as I'm going to be busy for a while)*

This is strange, my Torterra lv.X's back is like that, because the front is also misplaced, are you sure that the scan of the back of the card is the Ralts ? If you can see it, the Pokemon logo on the bottom of the card is a little bit fading, so your card could be just a misprint if you say you bought it from Toys R Us, Fred Mayer (I do not know where this is) and Target. But the fact that your son said that it was from a Dragon Frontier booster pack could maybe make your card fake, maybe you son recalled wrongly ?

I think that the card is fake but...
Some Original Cards from the EX Series have that sort of color at the back but a little (maybe 0.0001%) darker.
If I recall some cards from the old set has it blue(not sure what shade it is but bluer than that card)...
Oh, yeah... cards fade right?
So how do you even determine if its an original or a fake? (tearing it a part and see what is the middle of the paper.)

To me it sounds like their printers were low on ink when the cards were printed. When a printer is low on ink the colors start fading and it is time to change the ink cartridge or fill the cartridge up again. I don't think that card comes in Dragon frontiers. It may have gotten mixed up with the cards in that set when the cards were printed but it sounds like the printers were low on ink.:) Scan the card so we can see where the errors on the picture are what is wrong with the card. All I can see missing is the HP:)

xxashxx said:
To me it sounds like their printers were low on ink when the cards were printed. When a printer is low on ink the colors start fading and it is time to change the ink cartridge or fill the cartridge up again. I don't think that card comes in Dragon frontiers. It may have gotten mixed up with the cards in that set when the cards were printed but it sounds like the printers were low on ink.:) Scan the card so we can see where the errors on the picture are what is wrong with the card. All I can see missing is the HP:)

raltscloseup.jpg

Well, apprantly you can hold the card up to the light and if you can see through it then it's fake. (Well, I read it somewhere I don't know if it's reliable).

Of course your son might of forgotten which booster he got it in, it might just be a lack of ink or printing error.

myca said:
xxashxx said:

raltscloseup.jpg

It looks like the printer was low on ink to me. I don't think it is a fake card. If the card is transparent (meaning you can see through to the other side), The back is purple or the card is missing a set symbol or has an error in the text somewhere or the card is smaller then the rest of his cards then it is fake or a misprint. The easiest ways to tell that it is fake is if it is small than the rest of the cards,It has a purple back or is transparent or if the image looks like someone drew the image to make it looklike the real card but if there is a mistake in the text on the card somewhere it is a misprint or if the card has a wrong symbol. These are some ways to tell if it is a fake card or a misprinted card.:)

Back