• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

My "Partisan" deck (Jumpluff/Yanmega/Zoroark/Sunflora/babies) for BR's

RunningWithScizors

Aspiring Trainer
22 Pokemon:

4-3-4 Jumpluff
2-2 Yanmega Prime
2-2 Sunflora
1 Zorua (McD's promo)
1 Zoroark BW
2 Pichu
1 Tyrogue

26 T/S/S:

3 Collector
4 Communicator
3 Rare Candy
4 Judge
2 Copycat
2 PONT
4 Catcher
1 Junk Arm
1 FSL

12 Energy:

12 {G}

The strategy's simple but interesting: Pichu and Sunflora are for setup. Jumpluff is the main attacker. Yanmega is for sniping and quick early-game prizes. Zoroark is for the targets Jumpluff can't safely OHKO (e. g. Reshiram). Tyrogue is for stalling and knocking out babies. Catcher is, like Mega, for cheap prizes.

Anyway, sometimes,I have trouble setting up, and other times I have energy crises. Any fixes you might make to help with these problems would be appreciated (other than suggesting a third Yanmega, which I don't have and can't get). I need this deck fixed up by the 24th, when my first BR will start.

I run a deck very similar to this, I just have a 3-2-3 Jumpluff line and an additional 3-3 Cinccino line. So, I can help!

First off, 12 Grass Energy is way too much, especially for this deck. Take out 6 of them. Five is fine, trust me. Add in two or three DCE for Zoroark, and boost up the line to 2-2.

Add in some PlusPower so that Zoroark can one-shot Reshiram and Zekrom. Two or three is a good idea.

-6 Grass Energy
-6 total

+1-1 Zoroark
+2 DCE
+2 PlusPower
+6 total

Some other cards to consider:

–Metapod: It's got a great Poke-Body that keeps the Dragons from Rage-ing you and bypassing the drawback that might ensue. You may also want the Butterfree just in case it get's Catcher-ed active.

–Beartic: The card is a great Reshiram counter, and works well against other cards, too. Two Water Energies in the deck would do.

–Seeker: This wouldn't seem to make much sense in a Jumpluff deck, but it has its uses, such as picking up a damaged Jumpluff (or possibly a Metapod that you had to evolve into Butterfree)

–Broken Time-Space: This card allows you to evolve straight into Jumpluff, first turn, making for huge damage right away. =P

Why only 8 energies total in this deck? With no ability to search for energy, I'll be doomed if I go without energy for too long.

It's because your Pokemon require little to no energy to attack. Jumpluff needs 1, while Yanmega should never need any, unless you can't draw the Judge or something.

I would drop the Tyrogue. Honestly, you want to focus on Jumpluff and Yanmega, and giving your opponent a free prize is never good. Your Junk Arm count is very low, so I'd drop a Catcher (Yanmega can snipe anyway, so you shouldn't have to use this too often) and the Tyrogue for 2 Catcher.

- 1 Tyrogue
- 1 Pokemon Catcher

+ 2 Junk Arm

That way you can re-use all of your Catchers when you need to, plus you can discard the extra Pichu and other cards you won't be able to use.

I'd consider a few Rescue Energy if I were you. With Jumpluff's measly 90 HP, you'll definitely want to be keeping them in play. Not too sure if FSL is the right choice, but choose whatever you want.

Hope this helped.

Back