Writing My new fan-fic: Darkness (Not Pokemon)

hypertech

GET ME TO KH HOSPITAL!
Darkness

Characters:
Name: Dan
Sex: Male
Job: Vagrant- Mage- Elementor
Description: He is medium height, has dark brown hair that is a little spiky, he has blue eyes. He is optimistic and laid back even in battle, and he is determined to avenge his parents.
Bio: He was brought up in Sain-City by his parents; his parents always went out for a long time to fight masquerpets and the evil Black, but when Dan was 8 his parents went out for a longer time than usual, and he soon learned that his father had sacrificed himself to destroy Black, and his mother had disappeared mysteriously after her husband’s death, after these events Dan moved to Flarine.

Name: Becky
Sex: Female
Job:: Vagrant- Assist- Billposter
Description: She is quite short, has jet black hair that goes down to her shoulders, she has brown eyes. She is kind and generous and willing to buff anyone who asks, if she is not busy of course, if she is busy then she will get mad at: Buff please!!!
Bio: She was brought up in Flarine by her aunt, her parents had died mysteriously, and to this day no-one knows what happened to them. She liked her aunt, but was sure her parents were just as nice. She got teased at school by the other girls for her choice of job, as she was the only girl studying to become a billposter. Her friends are all boys, her best friend is Aaron.

Name: Aaron
Job: Vagrant- Acrobat- Ranger
Description: He is tall, has golden blonde hair that is perfectly straight, it is fairly short, he has vibrant blue eyes. He is very stubborn and will always do his job to the end, if something’s unfinished, he will finish it.
Bio: He was brought up in Flarine by his parents, his parents were both jesters, and was displeased at Aaron’s job choice. At school Aaron was the most popular boy there, but he lost some of his popularity when he became friends with Becky.

Name: Jack
Job: Vagrant- Mercenary- Blade
Description: He is medium sized, he has light brown hair that covers half of his right eye, his eyes are grey. He is a bit spiteful sometimes, but most of the time he is jokey and pulls tricks on everyone, occasionally he might betray his friends.
Bio: He was brought up in Darken by his parents until he was 5, when he ran away from home for unknown reasons, and ended up in Flarine. His parents did not care about him running away, and were even fairly pleased, as if they had expected it. He lives in a tent near the aibatts, and goes to school like normal. He is unpopular in school because of his tricks and betrayals, his friends are Dan, Becky and Aaron.

Chapter 1: Departure!

Dan walked down the path to school, so excited about ‘home time’ that he wished he could destroy 6 hours of school! He was lost in his thoughts as he walked past Becky’s house, quickly snapping back into reality, he turned around to call on Becky. Becky's house was not really a house- but a bungalow; her aunt could not afford to buy a proper house, and was going to struggle to give Becky penya for her journey. He knocked on the door 3 times, and as usual Becky opened the door revealing her and Aaron. Aaron was usually round Becky's house in the mornings.
“Hi!”Dan greeted.
“Hey! How have you been?” Becky asked.
“Excited!” Dan replied.
“Yeah, us to, all we did this morning was get excited about our journey as a vagrant!” Aaron exclaimed.
“And do our LAST homework EVER!” Becky laughed cheerfully.
They continued to walk down the path to the school, and turned a corner, they could see the school, just straight ahead! But instead of going towards the school, they took a left and went down some grasslands that did not have a path at all, the crept through a bush and came out the other side, seeing a cheerful Jack pack his tent up for the last time until his travels!
“Hey, Jack, over here!” Dan called.
“Ok guys, hi, I just have to pack!” Jack called back, shoving his folded up tent and supplies into his backpack, which was beginning to split.
Jack walked up to his friends, and they crawled back out of the bush, and onto the grassland.
“So, guys, we all know what jobs we are gonna do right?” Jack asked.
“Of course!” Becky replied.
“I'm gonna be a blade, they are so fast and they can wield 2 swords!” Jack stated.
“Well, regardless of what other girls say, I'm going to be a billposter, I mean, they have HUD+GE knuckles and they can have shields as well!” Becky proudly announced.
“Well, no matter what my parents think, I'm going to be a ranger, I mean they have supreme accuracy with their bows, and can fire arrows really fast!” Aaron said, raising his hand.
“Well, I'm gonna be an ele-“But before Dan could finish his sentence, they were being rushed into school by their head teacher: Mr Risem.
School went so slowly that last day, but when it was over, their travels would begin. At the end of the long 6 hours, Mr Risem handed all the students a certificate, and a wooden sword and wooden shield to defend themselves with, Dan heard 1 girl ask:
“Sir, what is 2 pieces of wood going to do against fighting masquerpets?”
“Well, if you think that, then you can buy something else with your penya! I am sure that your guardians will give you some!”

All the students went to wave goodbye to their guardians, and receive their travel penya, apart from Jack of course, and also, Aaron could not find his parents anywhere! He guessed that they must still be upset about his choice of job, after all, Aarons family had been jesters for generations. Becky came back without any penya, her aunt could not afford it she said. But Dan had a plan; he had inherited 100 Million penya from his parents, and gave 25 mil to Becky, 25 mil to Aaron, and 25 mil to Jack, which left Dan with... 25 mil!
“Hey, guys, there is a long journey ahead of us, how about we travel together!” Dan suggested, smiling.
“OK, sure!” The others agreed, and so started the adventures of the 4 friends, and little did they know, one day they would face an adventure so big, that it will almost break their bond...

Chapter 2: Their first NPCs!

“So... where do we start?” Becky asked.
“Well, how about we start training at the weak enemies, but what are the weakest enemies?” Dan suggested and wondered.
“The Aibatts are very weak; I once managed to take one down for a lollipop with a piece of wood!” Jack answered, recalling the events with a smile.
“Ah, that reminds me!” Aaron said, his face suddenly bursting with a little realisation.
“We gotta get something better than a wooden sword and shield to defend ourselves with!” Aaron finished, remembering the conversation he had overheard when the Mr Risem was congratulating them:
“Excuse me sir, but what good is 2 pieces of wood going to do if against fighting masquerpets?”
“Well, if you think that, then you can by something else with your penya! I am sure your guardians will give you some!”
“Yeah, I'm sure Luda can get us something! I'm good friends with him and he sells vagrants their weapons, shields and armour!” Becky suggested. They started to walk out of school, and into the streets of Flarine, the roads were bustling with people of all ages, classes, and genders, the vagrants were of course looked down at by the other classes, after all, most just starting would have only 2 pieces of wood to defend themselves, while other classes would have wands, expensive shields, big 2-handed swords...
Luda’s shop was placed next to the Boboku brothers, who sold weapons, shields and armour for Acrobats, Mercenaries and assists. It wasn’t much of a shop, just a stall with some items displayed behind, and then of course Luda would be holding a note-book standing behind the stall.
They walked up to Luda, Luda instantly recognised Becky and Aaron, and said:
“Hahaha! You have started your journeys already? I remember when I trained to be a mercenary, but of course as you can see, I ended up as a low-life salesman, haha! So, I guess you would be lookin’ for a better sword than that old piece of wood!” Luda was very jolly, even though he was still upset from failing the mercenary test, and then trying the acrobat test, and failing that too.
“Yes Luda, we are looking for a good sword, and also a better shield maybe?” Becky asked.
“Hoho! Well, I can give you a good long sword, it’s good for newbies like yourself, but I'm afraid you are not experienced enough for a better shield than the wooden shield yet...” Luda replied.
“Well, fine, we will come back to you when we are experienced enough, but how much would 4 long swords be?” Becky replied.
“Well, let’s see, 180 penya per item, and 4 items... 720 Penya!” Luda in the end worked out.
“OK, I’ll pay...” Becky said, pulling a 500 penya note and a load of coins out of her bag.
“Wow Becky, where did you get that much penya?” Luda remarked, Becky didn’t reply, as Luda handed the 4 their new swords...

They headed towards the giant tower that lit up every day, known commonly as lodestar, and went past it, towards the gateway to the aibatts, the aibatts were bats with one massive eye that could only just hover off the ground, but then a man, about 29 walked up to them.
“Excuse me vagrants, but I'm trying to get home, and you see... Oh, wait how rude that was, my name is Paul, anyway, could you guys maybe kill some aibatts to let me get home, I can’t fight at all...” Paul complained.
“Oh, boy! Our first quest!” Dan said excitedly.
“So... You’ll do it?” Paul asked.
“Well...”
“Of course!” Aaron cut in, before Jack could answer.
“Great!” Paul said, happily.
“But... how would I know that you really have killed aibatts...” Paul asked.
“I know! We will bring you back 20 aibatt wings!” Dan suggested, as Paul beamed at his idea.
“Brilliant! I love fresh minds!”

So Dan, Jack, Aaron and Becky continued to walk along the path out of Flarine, they had hardly ever went outside of the town before they had became vagrants, and it was quite a memorable experience for them.

So far I've read the first chapter and it looks pretty good, but I'm kind of confused about what everyone is. What is this based on, or did you make it ll up yourself? Just wondering.

Yeah, its based on an MMORPG, ill explain everything at a later chapter, probably chapter 4.

I read the second chapter and yes, it does seem a lot like an MMORPG story. When are you going to write the next chapter?

Chapter 3: Cyber-Aibatt

They left Flarine, wondering into the great outdoors, where they could see hills, trees, and if they looked really hard, they could see a bridge, going along a the river of weeping. They could see aibatts everywhere, so they immediately got to work, swinging their long swords into any aibatt they could see.
“"Phew, this is hard work, how many aibatt wings do we have?" Asked Becky, breathing heavily after countering an aibatt bite with a powerful uppercut, and swinging her sword down only to find 2 more aibatts attacking her.
“"We have... Let's see..."” Started Aaron, but suddenly something 10 times the size of him speeded past, flying towards Dan, it stopped at Dan, and they looked in awe at what it was. The flying monster was a giant aibatt with a laser telescope strapped to his eye, which came with him wherever his pupil moved; it even grew if the pupil grew!
“"AAAH!!" Dan screamed, as the aibatt fired a scorching laser from its telescope, it was aiming for Dan's chest! Dan jumped aside, only to find 3 more of these genetically-modified aibatts, who's only intentions it seemed, were to destroy Dan! An aibatt fired a laser, and it hit the ground just in front of Dan, causing Dan to go flying into a nearby tree!
The aibatt was about to finish Dan off, when a giant 2-handed sword smashed the telescope into pieces! Dan looked up, and saw a knight, with armour that seemed to have an aura to it, and he soon realised that it was armour of a wind element, he also saw little stones hanging in mid-air around his sword, the sword must've been earth element. Dan couldn't see the man's hair because it was completely covered by a helmet, which seemed to look like it was carved from crystals that were opaque.
“"RUN!" The knight ordered, pointing his giant sword towards Flarine.
“"NO! YOU SAVED OUR LIVES! WE HAVE TO HELP!" Jack shouted back.
“"NOW!!!" The knight had a certain thunder to his voice that was almost scary, this was a voice of a skilled knight.
Aaron and Becky gave in, and ran back to town after saying:
“Jack, we are no match for those things!”
Dan and Jack remained. The knight was too busy slamming his sword into cyber-aibatts to notice, he plunged his sword into the ground, and several chunks of the ground broke off, and floated in the air for a second, and then each 1 slammed into a different cyber-aibatt, each one that had been hit was sent flying, before lying on the ground, quite dead.
Suddenly, Luda appeared from no-where, and said:
“"THERES MORE COMING! NO-ONE IS SAFE!" And he fainted, as 30 more cyber-aibatts that seemed to have more advance telescopes than the others, charged over the fainted Luda towards Dan, Jack and the knight. The knight grunted, and started glowing, and before Dan knew it, his armour was firing blasts of ice at the horde of cyber-aibatts, 1 remained, it pointed its long telescope at Dan, and charged up... It fired a blasted of purple energy that was so deadly, that it killed every normal aibatt that happened to get in the way, and it still carried on charging, towards Dan, who seemed to be pinned to the spot by the terror of it all. Dan braced himself, would it hurt to die?
The blast never came. Dan opened his eyes, the knight was standing in the way of the blast, and was glowing purple, he was suffering.
“"Dan... Take this..." The knight said, while handing Dan a small crystal.
“"It's a vision crystal, it will show you visions of the past..." The knight said weakly, and he dropped dead on the ground, and lay there for a second, before disintegrating.

Why had the knight given his life to save Dan's?

Who was the knight?

How did the knight know Dan's name?

Would this be answered in the crystal?
The crystal started glowing, as if it read Dan's mind, and then Dan wasn't with the aibatts anymore.

Ah, okay. Now i see how you are going to explain everything (well, not everything). What ever happened to your old fan-fic the Warriors of pokebeach?

Ah, now about that, ill probably continue it and renew it, I quit PB temporarily, forgetting about that fanfic, sorry.

Was this written with WoW as the inspiration by any chance? I wouldn't know if this is accurate, since I haven't played the game, but from what I've heard this seems to have some sort of relation to it... or FlyFF, one of the two :p

Ah, flyff, thats the one :O i thought Kygre Flash and I were the only ones on PB who play it...

I don't play it, but I read a bit about it once... so I recognized some of the class names.

Chapter 4: The 6 Gods
Dan was standing in nothing, there was absolutely nothing there. He wondered where the vision crystal had taken him, and suddenly he saw a figure, a man, something about him made Dan shiver, and then the man said:
“My creation... Roika... it needs more than one god, there are 5 elements, it is in need of 5 gods... Fire, Wind, Lightning, Water, and Earth...”
Dan suddenly realised that this was Rhisis, God of all Gods!
“Iblis, the God of wind...” Rhisis said, as a female God appeared out of no-where.
“Herness, God of water” He said, as the God of water appeared in front of Dan.
“Raon, of fire” The God of fire appeared.
“Ishirut, of thunder” The thunder God appeared.
“And finally, Shade God of Earth” As Shade appeared, but suddenly, the nothing he was in, turned into darkness, and mysterious figure appeared.
“WHAT?!?!?!” Rhisis cried in shock and disbelief, as the figure laughed, and said:
“I WAS CREATED IN ALL THE ENERGY OF YOU CREATING THE OTHER GODS; I AM THE GOD OF DARKNESS, BLACK!”
“NO! YOU MUST BE BANISHED!” Iblis screamed.
“I THINK NOT!” black shouted back, and disappeared, and suddenly, a crystal ball appeared, and Rhisis looked into it.
“Oh no...” Rhisis muttered, as he stared at the masquerpets, created by Black.
“These people need to defend themselves!” Cried Ishirut, and the other Gods agreed
“OK, let’s do this, they need jobs and special skills in order to defend themselves, so let us create 4 different types of warrior, and 2 subclasses for each of them!” Suggested Raon.
“Right, ok then, I shall create the mercenary, they will use swords and shields to defend themselves with, and the sub-classes will be a knight, who will use big two-handed swords for maximum power, but they will be slow, and the blade, who use two swords, and are extremely fast but they do not have much stamina...” Said Shade.
“Yes, but we must have a magician, who would use wands or staffs to conjure up powerful spells, and 1 sub class would be the psykeeper, who would use the telekinetic power of the mind to use psychic abilities with a wand, and the other sub class would be and Elementor, who would use the power of the 5 elements to destroy masquerpets...” Said Ishirut
“Both good ideas, but we would also need an assist, who would use big metal fists as weapons, and with a stick power themselves and others up! The sub-classes would be a billposter, who only used a few power-ups, but can use the knuckles well, and a ringmaster, who would not be too skilled at combat, but extremely skilled at power-ups!” Suggested Iblis.
“But we would also need an acrobat, who would use either bows and arrows, or yo-yos to defend themselves, the sub classes would be a ranger, who used a bow and arrow to attack enemies from long range, and a jester, who would be skilled in the art of using a yo-yo!” Said Herness.
“Brilliant, we have our classes for the humans to use to defend themselves, but I'm afraid that the power would get into the wrong hands, maybe they could only be one of the 4 main jobs at a certain skill level? And the sub-classes at an even higher skill level...” Rhisis finished.
Dan was suddenly lying on the floor near Luda’s shop, and he wondered why that crystal had shown him that....

Sorry about the delay, ill post it tommorow, ive been really busy lately, actually, I might not even be able to tommorow, cause its my birthday.

Back