• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

My new Ampharos deck

MasterCommander

Aspiring Trainer
So I'm pretty new to this game, but I feel that I'm getting the hang of what can make a good deck. I realize that one of the most important parts of this game is to attach energy to your Pokemon, and with the new Ampharos's ability, you punish your opponent for attaching energy to their Pokemon by putting 3 damage counters on the Pokemon that they attach the energy to. This is my list for it:

Pokemon: 15
4-2-4 Ampharos
2 Emolga
2 Terrakion
1 Mewtwo

T/S/S: 32
4 N
3 Bianca/Cheren
2 Juniper
2 Ultra Ball
3 Communication
3 Catcher
3 Rare Candy
2 Random Receiver
2 Switch
3 Crushing Hammer
2 Enhanced Hammer
1 Super Rod
2 Energy Switch

Energy: 13
5 Lightning
4 DCE
4 Blend

I put in Terrakion because I feel like Darkrai decks are still going to be popular, and its attack can one shot a Darkrai after they knock out one of my Ampharos, and due to it's ability they'll already have damage counters on them, so even if they have Eviolite attached, Terrakion will still one shot the Darkrai. Mewtwo is in here because not only is it one of my most favorite Pokemon, but its attack X Ball is also really good. I added in the Crushing and Enhanced Hammers in here because if I can get their energy off of their board, they have to attach more which will only damage them more. Don't be too harsh. I'm new to posting on forums. I normally just lurk.

Wow, great list for a new player like yourself, kudos!

I come from the majestic land of Heytrainer and I would just like to say that all of us are working on a deck very very similar to this one. The synergy that Ampharos has with Terrakion is nuuuuts, it's like a free Pluspower and you really need it. Terrakion EX also helps this deck a lot as a one of, it helps you power up quicker while also increasing consistency. I would also suggest playing potion for tankiness.

Expect this deck to be THE ROGUE play at BRs.

The thought of ampharos penetrating my no-no area with his tail is quite arousing. Great deck, friend!

Ampharos will do great with those crushing hammers. This will probably put an end to Emboar decks, though. The sad thing is, I use that deck.

I highly recommend tool scrapper though. You face a Garbodor, and a Pokemon Center to reduce your bench hitting, things aren't going to go well with Ampharos. -1 Flaaffy. You have 3 rare candy already, only 1 Flaaffy is really needed. Possibly -1 Cheren/Bianca. MAYBE jump the junipers up to 4? It's a usual thing in every deck, but you don't have to. I'm not too keen on Energy Switch, either.

Overall, great deck. I like where it's going.

Thanks for all of the great feedback guys! This is really making me feel better about the deck. To o0Flint0o, I'll definitely try adding in Tool Scrapper. It would be devastating to lose my ability. I feel like the deck would lose consistency if I take out a Flaffy though because then I would have to rely on using Rare Candy most of the time. Also, the Energy Switch are in here so I can surprise drop Terrakion to one shot my opponents Darkrais.I originally had EXP Share in here, but the aforementioned Tool Scrapper really put a damper on that idea.

I think this deck has some potential, just know you WILL have some issues against Hydreigon and Eelektrik decks. Sure, their main attacker is weak to Terrakion, but they can avoid the damage from Ampharos's ability (Hydreigon attaching to a different pokemon, Eelektrik's ability's exempt from the damage, etc). An early/prized Tool scrapper can make late-game Eviolites hard to manipulate to your deck's advantage. Also, Hydreigon OHKO's Ampharos, Garchomp easily 2KOs with one Altaria (With minimal energy attachment, nevertheless), so this deck might have issues against higher tier decks...

But you already thought of this, and I personally can't think of how to fix these...I'm not really helping, am I? If I think of something, or if someone else thinks of something, then this deck will be that much better.

I think it's a really fun deck to play down at league or possibly at a BR, but I can just see this deck having a bit trouble setting up quick enough or competing against some of the more top tier decks. The weird thing is, I wouldn't even know what to suggest as the list you've got is pretty good as it is. Maybe if anything, I'm personally not sold on Crushing Hammer not without Sableye anyway, which you'd have no reason to play.

I've been wanting to find a decklist for my new ampharos buddy's, and this one seem's okay, The only thing I would personally add would be exp. share for terrakion so you don't have to worry about putting energy on him ever, until you have to 1 shot revenge, but this deck kinda isn't made for teir so no.

I apologize if this is a stupide question . . . I am not new, but I am mainly a dad player. How does eeletrik not take damage from the ampharas attacks as described by deoxysmaster. Thanks

It's because Ampharos only damages when Energy cards are placed directly from the hand. Eelektrik and Dark Patch attach from the discard pile so they can get around it.

dmaster out.

I feel that Ampharos still has a lot of potential for disruption, the only problem I seem to have is a secondary attacker to partner up, I feel Terrakion is too predictable, I've tried Mienshao NXD with Rocky Helmet, but the deck is really tight on space and it's tough to stream supporters I think. Any help?

Well, I have come up with two lists in testing, one dealing with the meta, the other one with a fun tech!....Any help would be appreciated!!!

List 1: Anti-Meta Ampharos!

Pokemon(16):
4-2-4 Ampharos DRX
2 Mewtwo EX NXD
2 Terrakion NVI
1 Registeel EX DRX
1 Stunfisk DRX

Trainers/Supporters(31):
4 N
4 Cheren
2 Professor Juniper
3 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Random Reciever
2 Tool Scrapper
2 Enhanced Hammer
2 Switch
1 Super Rod

Energy(13):
5 Lightning Energy
4 Blend Energy WLFM
4 Double Colorless Energy

List 2: Fun Ampharos!

Pokemon(15):
4-1-4 Ampharos DRX
2 Mewtwo EX NXD
2-2 Mienshao NXD

Trainers/Supporters(32):
4 N
3 Bianca
2 Professor Juniper
4 Rare Candy
4 Rocky Helmet
3 Ultra Ball
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Enhanced Hammer
2 Tool Scrapper
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Random Reciever
1 Super Rod

Energy(13):
5 Lightning Energy
4 Blend Energy WLFM
4 Double Colorless Energy

What do you guys think? Positive feedback is welcome! Not giving up on Ampharos' potential!

you know ive heard a rumor of a coming expansion having a tool card similiar to rocky helmet or eviolite to whre every time your pokemon is attacked your opponent must flip a coin if tails the attack still does damage but your opponent must discard an energy attached to their active pokemon immediaistely after doing damage. now this is what i call a game changer card

Back