My mom wants me to make her a "list" of what cards I want! Help...?

Is this hopeless, or what?!

• Total voters
Do this:

"Mom, there are a few specific cards I want to help strengthen all my decks that I build Here are some examples mother.

Claydol (Great Encounters #15)
Uxie (Legends Awakened #47)
Roseannes research (Secret wonders, forgot which #)
Bebes search (bunch o sets, forget the #)
Rare candy (GE forgot which #)

And just list tons of staples that you need, and show her trollandtoad, it has REALLY cheap prices and shipping is $1 for 30 things, which is just how much you would need staple wise.

Seth1789110 said:
Do this:

"Mom, there are a few specific cards I want to help strengthen all my decks that I build Here are some examples mother.

Claydol (Great Encounters #15)
Uxie (Legends Awakened #47)
Roseannes research (Secret wonders, forgot which #)
Bebes search (bunch o sets, forget the #)
Rare candy (GE forgot which #)

And just list tons of staples that you need, and show her trollandtoad, it has REALLY cheap prices and shipping is $1 for 30 things, which is just how much you would need staple wise.

Yeah, like she is going to waste 5-10 dollars on one pokemon card. I would suggest get staples, but don't go over the limit. If you think about it, it's a piece of paper.

So your saying its smarter to spend $13 on a theme deck(some of which you cant use, i.e championship decks) and get like 54-56 cards you DON'T want, and like 4 cards you do want, instead of spending a smaller chunk of money on cards he can and will always be able to use?

Seth1789110 said:
So your saying its smarter to spend $13 on a theme deck(some of which you cant use, i.e championship decks) and get like 54-56 cards you DON'T want, and like 4 cards you do want, instead of spending a smaller chunk of money on cards he can and will always be able to use?

So your saying buying 2 Claydols and 2 Uxies is less expensive then $13?

Seth1789110 said:
She is prolly going to buy multiple theme decks, and buying them off websites like trollandtoad is CHEAP.

You still haven't proven that 2 Claydols and 2 Uxies is cheaper then a Starter Deck. Just that he will spend less money on Starter Decks and then get around 150 cards he doesn't need.

I think the best way to do it is just ask for money. I've clearly told my mom many times that I want a booster box, and even showed her pictures every year. Every year, she gets me a theme deck instead, thinking it's a box. I guess you could give her a list, but she still could make a mistake. Money is the best way to go, since you have the master control over what cards you get.

Fireray said:
You still haven't proven that 2 Claydols and 2 Uxies is cheaper then a Starter Deck. Just that he will spend less money on Starter Decks and then get around 150 cards he doesn't need.

Right. So would you be happier with 5 cards you DO need instead of 150 you dont, about 40-60 of them being energy, 40-60 of them being basic cards that are X4 in a deck, and about 10 rares, most of which are not good or you don't want. (Bad rares in a theme deck? No way. "May I direct you to Giratina's theme deck?")

Seth - Well, I'd rather not spend $20 on one Claydol, $6 on a Uxie, which would add up to $52 on 4 cards. I mean, 40 - 60 basic energies seems alright, I don't have alot of them, and Roseannes Research is in a starter deck, so I wouldn't mind it.

Shuckle - Do you realize I wasn't saying that Claydol and Uxie were in a Starter Deck?

why don't you just ask for the money to go and buy the cards or decks ( to get one of those is a bad choice ) then you would have the cards you want.

ArceusShayminLovr said:
why don't you just ask for the money to go and buy the cards or decks ( to get one of those is a bad choice ) then you would have the cards you want.

Because then it would be easier to figure out what his mom is getting him for X-Mas. It was hard to figure out before. :p

Fireray said:
Seth - Well, I'd rather not spend $20 on one Claydol, $6 on a Uxie, which would add up to $52 on 4 cards. I mean, 40 - 60 basic energies seems alright, I don't have alot of them, and Roseannes Research is in a starter deck, so I wouldn't mind it.

Shuckle - Do you realize I wasn't saying that Claydol and Uxie were in a Starter Deck?

Don't buy claydols right now. The'll be given out a month after Xmas for free at league.

amisheskimoninja said:
Don't buy claydols right now. The'll be given out a month after Xmas for free at league.

Yeah, that's why everyone that doesn't need the Claydols is selling them for $20 a piece. When the League Claydol comes out, the price will drop down to $5.

give her a list of all the cards you want. the first place she might turn to get them is ebay or your local card shop. make sure you tell her that it has to be mint or in great condition or else she might go for the cheapest cards and when it arrives it might be in bad shape.

amisheskimoninja said:

If you plan on wanting a Worlds invite or want to win with Stage 2, buy Claydol, don't wait a month and lose because you don't have them.

^ You don't need to. He can wait until his league. They are free. I think 2 months wait is worth the $40 he would waste.

Back