Event My Lancaster Regionals Report

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer
I played M Gallade/Bats at the Lancaster Regionals this weekend. I don't like playing the Meta, so I build something a bit more original. Here is the deck list I played:

Pokemon (15 total)

1 - Shaymin (PRC77)
3 - Gallade EX (PRC34)
2 - M Gallade EX (PRC35)
1 - Zubat (PLS53)
3 - Zubat (PHF31)
3 - Golbat (PHF32)
2 - Crobat (PHF33)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (36 total)

2 - Level Ball
4 - Super Scoop Up
3 - Acro Bike
2 - Ultra Ball
1 - Weakness Policy
2 - Gallade Spirit Link
2 - Trainers Mail
2 - VS Seeker
4 - Dimension Valley
3 - Lysandre
3 - Professor Sycamore
3 - Professor Birch's Observations
2 - Xerosic
2 - Skyla
1 - Steven

Energy (9 total)

4 - Mystery Energy
5 - Psychic Energy

Round 1

Came up against a M Manectric/Tool Drop. Good thing both of my weaknesses were covered. Game 1 I held on a for a bit and even pulled out a couple of KOs but ultimately lost. Game 2 went much faster and got swept 6-0 in prizes.

0-1-0 (0-2-0)

Round 2

My opponent played a Night March deck. Game 1 I was rolling using Xerosic to knock out DCE's as well as bench sniping via bats my opponent missed a couple of turns because she didn't have an MR on the bench. Won Game 1. I had M Gallade active and was OHKOing everything as well as throwing massive damage across the bench. At some point I took an extra prize and my opponent noticed with 1 prize left. I scooped because I figured it'd be a game loss, or worse. I check with a judge between rounds, it would have been a one-prize penalty for it, which means I would have won Game 2 to at least tie the match, if not win it.

0-2-0 (1-3-0)

Round 3

Another night march deck. Turn one my opponent started with 3 battle compressors, quickly got 9 NMers into the discard. Didn't matter though, as she couldn't draw into energy. My bats were rolling, KO'ed Mew with a Crobat on T3 (20 from Golbat evolution, 20 from swoop across, 30 from Crobat evolution, 60 from skill dive). OHKO from there with Gallade's piercing prizes. Game 2 was a bit more even, but still ended up winning it.

1-2-0 (3-3-0)

Round 4

Can't remember what deck was played here, but I do remember I was having issues with weakness. I lost game 1 after a fairly drawn out game, I can attribute that to my one-off Weakness Policy that I carry that I got onto M Gallade to earn me a couple extra turns with it. Game 2 went much quicker and not in my favor either.

1-3-0 (3-5-0)

Round 5

M Sceptile/Malamar. I actually play with this player at league so I knew what what coming before we even got started. Knowing that I wouldn't be able to knock anything out thanks to Jagged Saber my goal was to somehow disrupt long enough and force a deck out. I used my super scoop ups to bring back M Gallade three times. Still lost Game 1. Game 2 went to time and we couldn't finish it before T+3

1-4-0 (3-6-1)

Round 6

This was a strange deck. Mew, Mewtwo, Kangaskan. Lysandre'd Kangaskan and stalled until I got M Gallade out and a pair of energy on it. Retreat from Golbat to M Gallade, three lysandres in a row and 6 straight prizes for Game 1 win. Game 2 went much the same way. Honestly no idea what the goal of this deck was.

2-4-0 (5-6-1)

Round 7

Caught another Night March, getting tired of Night March. Could have just played at league if I wanted to play the same deck over and over. My opponent in this one was much more organized than others though. She kept count of her NMers in the discard with dice. Made that go much easier. Game 1 was a cat and mouse game. I kept sniping Joltiks and removing DCE's with Xerosic. But she kept top decking extra DCE's and revives to get Joltik back to the bench. Lost on the prize trade. Next game went much the same way, and sadly her luck didn't run out, lost game 2 as well.

2-5-0 (5-8-1)

Round 8

It's not after 9:30 I no longer have a clue what was happening. I won though, 2-0.

3-5-0 (7-8-1)

Round 9

It is pushing 10:30pm at the time the round started. Another NM deck, I had a headache and were tired of playing NM (4 out of 9 matches were NM). Ended up losing 2-0.

3-6-0 (7-10-1)

I went in to regionals expecting to win 1 match, maybe 2. So getting 3 was a pleasant surprise. Had a lot of fun even though it was a very long day. On the way home (at midnight) I stopped at McDonalds. Knowing I had a 2 hour drive ahead of me I got something that would work well for the one handed consumption. NUGGETS! I got a 50 piece nugget and chomped on them things the entire way home. Got home around 1:50am after waking up at 6:30am to get to the tournament on time.

That was pretty interesting tbh, I'm glad you played Mega-Gallade even though you didn't do so well. I would have went with Dusknoir/Gallade though.

That was pretty interesting tbh, I'm glad you played Mega-Gallade even though you didn't do so well. I would have went with Dusknoir/Gallade though.

I originally played it with 2-2 Fortress, but was finding that only getting 10 damage onto each bench wasn't worth it. Switch to bats so that I could focus on the specific Pokemon that were threats. Also, free retreat meant I didn't need to carry Switches or Escape Ropes. Dusknoir could be fun too, and would open up a bit more space in the deck as I wouldn't need the 4-3-2 bats, could probably do a 2-2-2 line as getting multiple lines up and running isn't as much of a necessity with Shadow Void.

I originally played it with 2-2 Fortress, but was finding that only getting 10 damage onto each bench wasn't worth it. Switch to bats so that I could focus on the specific Pokemon that were threats. Also, free retreat meant I didn't need to carry Switches or Escape Ropes. Dusknoir could be fun too, and would open up a bit more space in the deck as I wouldn't need the 4-3-2 bats, could probably do a 2-2-2 line as getting multiple lines up and running isn't as much of a necessity with Shadow Void.
I've tried it with dusknoir and I have to say it is definitely gallade's best partner.

Back