• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard My Greninja Break Deck List

Pokemaster26

Aspiring Trainer
So I have been working on this list for not too long. Just started working on it after internationals when I saw how well Greninja Break did. Just wanted some suggestions on how to possibly make it better. There have been multiple times when I have been drawing dead.

Pokemon(20)
4 Froakie BPT
4 Frogadier BPT
4 Greninja BPT
3 Greninja Break BPT
1 Remoraid BKT
1 Octillery BKT
2 Staryu BPT
1 Starmie EVO

Supporters(14):
4 Professor Sycamore BPT
4 N FCO
1 Lysandre AOR
1 Olympia GEN
1 Fisherman BKT
1 Ace Trainer AOR
1 Teammates PLC
1 Skyla BKT

Items(17):
4 Dive Ball PLC
4 VS Seeker ROS
3 Choice Band GRI
2 Rescue Stretcher GRI
2 Field Blower GRI
1 Ultra Ball SUM
1 Max Potion GRI

Energy(9):
7 Water Energy
2 Splash Energy

Just need some advice on any edits I should make. Should I put in Lele?

A Lele or two would be helpful, my personal opinion is cut out your Starmie line, but I guess keep your remoraid and octillery if you want em'.

However, if you want to awesomize your greninja deck in a whole new way, there is a strategy that I've been looking into for a couple weeks now: Alolan Ninetales GX + Greninja BREAK. I doubt you'll see many Google search results but I can tell you that just having alolan vulpix will help you search for your frog evolutions. I know it'll be hard to find some deck space in there, but if you look at the deck list, you'll realize that this deck is a veritable sniper machine. Just my opinion.

A Lele or two would be helpful, my personal opinion is cut out your Starmie line, but I guess keep your remoraid and octillery if you want em'.

However, if you want to awesomize your greninja deck in a whole new way, there is a strategy that I've been looking into for a couple weeks now: Alolan Ninetales GX + Greninja BREAK. I doubt you'll see many Google search results but I can tell you that just having alolan vulpix will help you search for your frog evolutions. I know it'll be hard to find some deck space in there, but if you look at the deck list, you'll realize that this deck is a veritable sniper machine. Just my opinion.
So you are thinking Ninetales/Ninja with no water duplicates or yes water duplicates. I like the idea though and I will try it

So you are thinking Ninetales/Ninja with no water duplicates or yes water duplicates. I like the idea though and I will try it
Yes on the water duplicates. In the rare event you end up short on vulpix, using frogadier's water duplicates will be crucial to get the ball rolling again. I think the original deck list I formulated had 3 froakie and 4 Alolan Vulpix, as to make it more likely that Vulpix is your active Pokémon. However, if you want to add a Lele, that might be a good spot to replace your 4th Froakie.

Yes on the water duplicates. In the rare event you end up short on vulpix, using frogadier's water duplicates will be crucial to get the ball rolling again. I think the original deck list I formulated had 3 froakie and 4 Alolan Vulpix, as to make it more likely that Vulpix is your active Pokémon. However, if you want to add a Lele, that might be a good spot to replace your 4th Froakie.
Ok thanks I I'll definitely try it out

As @DragonFang101 posted earlier vulpix and nine tales works awesome with the ninjas. A couple of reasons why. One, it is not weak to grass which I had struggled greatly against with the ninjas. And secondly it can snipe off Garbotoxin with two attacks. Plus ninetales has a pretty awesome gx move. Vulpix is also very useful in that you can retrieve evolution lines.

I used to run an octllery however it's two retreat and with field blower it sometimes gets stuck in active spot. Also if you remove octillery you will not need Olympia as there is no retreat for ninjas and 1 retreat cost for the other Pokemon.

I do run starmie and think it is way more important than fisherman supporter. It allows you to retrieve energy whenever you want. If you get N'd with one prize card...you still have access to energy. Plus it allows you to retrieve energy more easily vs stall decks which are always knocking away energy or discarding your energy with teamskull grunt.

I run two tapu lele to be able to retrieve supporter as needed.
Other thoughts and what I play (don't have my full deck list)
- Wally (with tapu lele) allows you to evolve turn one (if going second) and getting out frogadiers
- hex maniac is useful vs Decidueye, vileplume and more recently I realized very useful in mirror match as you can hex maniac and then hit for 80 instead of the 40 shadow stitch
-I also play 3 double colourless (lele and nine tales)
-4 rough seas.
- rescue stretcher vs superrod...a toss up, I prefer superrod since I don't play fisherman and it allows me to get energy back if starmie is prized.

Back