Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Starting with a Special Sweeper might seem weird but Skarmory is really really common as a lead in OU, so Gngar is there to counter it. It will force her switch out or OHKO her with Thunderbolt. The Evs and Life Orb are self-explained. Timid for Max Speed. Levitate the only option, is pretty good since without it, Gengar would have weakness to the dangerous EQ and get OHKOed. Shadow Ball and Sludge are 2 really good and reliable STABS while Focus Blast also gives great coverage. He hits really hard with Life Orb even some great walls like Umbreon!

tumblr_ms31pp89vJ1sqfocmo1_500.gif

Serperior (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Synthesis

Serperior could be another option for lead, since its not so great at variety of attacks it can use. Still, now that it has Contrary, its power is incredible while being also one of the fastest. Leaf Storm is a must! Taunt will shut down things like Umbreon, Mandibuzz and Skarmory while HP Rock covers almost all of Grass Type's weaknesses. Synthesis is for healing since SSerpeior can't have something better.

GWIUIxp.gif

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy

Chansey with Eviolite is just true power! Being able to endure almost any opponents move easily, while KOing them and healing both yourself and your teammates is a combination amazing! Max Defensive power so it can take both Physical and Special hits. Natural Cure works great against Gardevoir's Sychronize that thhinks she can easily take Chansey down. Toxic and Seismic Toss are tp STALL and Aromatherapy can be pretty annoying esspecially along with a great healing move, Soft-Boiled. Chansey can take down at least 2 of the opponent's pokemon.

tumblr_m0be7k5sCG1r658wuo1_500.gif

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

A Defoger is always welcomed in any team esspecially when you have nothing to lose like Dual Screens or Stealth Rock. Mandibuzz can be an amazing mixed wall. Toxic along with Foul Play easily counters Mega Charizard X and with great defences the Bone Vulture pokemon is nothing less than powerful. Roost is a reliable recovery move. Overcoat can help against Brellom's Sleep Powder and others.

tumblr_m6hvo93cSQ1rzsfkvo1_500.gif

Gyarados (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Gyarados still manages to keep a high rank in the OU metagame since Generation 1. And with ORAS giving it a great STAB when it mega evolves it is a major threat in the whole game. Sent out, Gyrados indimitates the opponents and then Mega Evoles to use DD which makes him a clear Sweeper! Waterfall and Crunch are 2 great attacks that gain STAB power. EQ is a must in every team for coverage and balanced power-accurassy. Mold Breaker can also be very dangerous for the opponent. Gyarados's major weakness is Brellom wichcan strike him super effectively and resists all of its attacks.

tumblr_ma9okim0nu1qd87hlo1_500-1-gif.27845

Latios @ White Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

In order to take down Garchomp which is really common and dangerous I need Ice Beam. and who can do better in OU with Ice Beam than the classic beloved Latios. Calm Mind, and Timid Nature make him really dangerous. Psychic and Draco Meteor along with White Herb are 2 awesome STABS! Overall it's a great pokemon with the role of special sweeper!

So this is my first OU team! What do you think? Thanx for reading!

Last edited:
Serperior should really use HP Fire. Being walled by Steel types is terrible and Fire gives you good coverage with Grass and lets you hit things like Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skamory super hard. I'd recommend replacing Taunt or Synthesis with Dragon Pulse to not be walled by Dragon types, too. For the last move, you may want to consider Substitute or Giga Drain, too if you haven't already.

Chansey should run 252 Defense and 252 Special Defense to get the most bulk because of Eviolite. Max HP is really only useful for passing Wishes. Speaking of Wish, you could potentially use that over Aromatherapy if you want.

Move 16 Spe EV's from SpD on Mandi to outspeed max spe adamant Azumarill among other things.

Latios appreciates the boost from Life Orb more than one White Herb use. You have Calm Mind to lessen the stat reduction, anyway. 29 HP Iv's and the 4 EV put into Def or SpDef will reduce LO recoil. I don't think you need Ice Beam when you can hit Garchomp with a LO Draco. Replace it with Roost, Surf, Thunderbolt, or HP Fire. You'll probably find Psyshock more useful than Psychic because it lets you beat other CM users, hits AV things harder, and it kills Chansey faster.

Thanx a lot!! But I think Chansey would be killed by any physical attack if I change the EVs...I'll try it out anyway.

It won't die to any physical attack. Here's a few relevant calcs.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 226-266 (35.2 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 223-264 (34.7 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

If you can't be 2HKO'ed by LO Latios Psyshock and Scarf Excadrill EQ, then you can't call it weak defensively.

Back