My Fakemon

Lanturnitis

Aspiring Trainer
Currently I am making my own region called Zeshu. I have a bunch of new pokemon up on my own website (link below). The starters for this region are psychic, poison, and the new type "cosmic" or "space."

Space is the only new traditionally new type, but I have made rainbow a sub-type of normal and dino a sub-type of rock. It may sound confusing, but it really isn't.

Space
-strong against flying, psychic, and dragon
-weak to poison, dark, and rainbow sub-type

Here is where my pokemon can be found. It's nowhere near done, but you can enjoy it for now: https://sites.google.com/site/fakemonfandom/home

The bad guys are a re-made team of Galactic and Rockets joining together. Zeshu will be a region with 16 gyms and many new never-before seen places like outer space and others. There are also many new vehicles essential for travelling (like a hot air balloon ride).

The starters are as followed:

1. a poison hummingbird
2. a brain pokemon psychic
3. a star pokemon space

Please check it out and enjoy! I'm willing top take any advice. I'm not the best drawer (especially with horses), so I try my best. These are just tentative drawings. Thank you!

I think it'd be best if you posted your Fakemon here, Lanturnitis, otherwise there's really not a point to having a thread (other than advertising your site). Thanks, and I can't wait to see them!

Alright, I'll share some of my coolest ones...
r3.jpg

A rock/dragon gargoyle (2nd form) named Gargauntlet.
dragoscythe.jpg

An alternate Dragonair pure dragon evo named Dragoscythe. 3rd form.
pumpiterror.jpg

A fire/grass pumpkin pokemon called Pumpiterror. 2nd form.
Scan_Pic0012.jpg

A scarecrow pokemon (dark/grass) named Scarestalk (2nd form).
Scan_Pic0011.jpg

A parasitic worm/apple pokemon named Wormapple (bug), 1st and only form.
Scan_Pic0013.jpg

Maiztal, a giant corn stalk king (grass/fighting); 2nd form
Scan_Pic0017.jpg

Final form (3) of the poison starter named Nozilius (poison/flying type).

I'm adding more to my page soon, and probably here. These are just tentative drawings, the best I can draw them when they appear in my mind.

Look good, might want to add a forum for your website. But I really love your drawings!

Pretty cool drawings. Though some of them don't look really like Pokemon, but I know that you will improve on this. Besides that I think that they are pretty good. Keep it up.

Don't take perspectives and proportions for granted. Those can make or break any pics. It's also usually better to draw using multiple overlapping strokes rather than 1 long stroke for lineart (much more possible if you were using a tablet with ctrl+z, but that isn't the case here).

Also try to color inside the lines. I would recommend you to draw with colored pencils instead of crayons. If you color with crayons then the coloring tends to go out of the lines which makes the art not look as good. Use colored pencils and color inside the lines and also try adding some shadowing in the images to make them look better.

i would reccomend changing Rockman's name. rock sounds to generalistic. Maybe Steman (STEE-man)? Stoneman?

Thanks for the advice. I have more being made.

As I said on the website, these are just ideas. I'm not the best drawer so they're just my ideas. More are on the website.

The names aren't confirmed either.

They are ok. I would work on perspective so they look more 3-D. You can buy or rent drawings books from most book stores and libraries. You have a nice handle of motion and action but they still look too pose'ish.

I think the largest thing you should work on is the lining and coloration. If you want to do it on paper, I suggest purchasing fine-tip inking pens for lines and then using comic markers or colored pencils. Work on keeping your coloring within the lines. That is like the basics, man. While some art looks good with color out of the lines; it has to be uniformed and ordered in a way that is appealing. Yours appears randomly and in haste. Stemming from that, working on shadowing properly and identifying a light source to base the lighting off from. Again, drawing books can help you with this.

On a lighter note, I like your designs. They are very different from both official pokemon and regular fakemon I see pop-up. I give you an B in creativity but, at most, a D+ in the actual art department. Practice those the things I mentioned and continue with it.

perspective doesnt really make things look "more 3D", depth plays a larger role (i.e. shading, highlights).

Perspective does however go a long way in making things look natural and less (for lack of a better term) caricature-like. Often the audibility to accurately portray perspectives and proportions reflects the artist's skill and proficiency.

Well, of course. Practicing with perspective doesn't guarantee the end product will be like a 3-D movie. I meant that by using perspective, it gives in a much more naturally feel. Yeah, shading and highlighting are important as well. I have been drawing all my life and I still have a heck of a time with perspectives and proportions.

Guys, as mentioned, my art is not the centerpiece here. The idea is. I hope someone takes my art and makes it 3D. I'm just putting the idea out there... I'm not really the artist when it comes to making brand new pokemon (as you can tell).

Back