• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

My durant mill deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
This is my durant deck that I hope to play for cities.
Pokemon: 7
4 Durant (NV 83)
1 Rotom (UD 20)
1-1 Hypno (HGSS 23)

Trainers:
1 Alph Lithograph (TR FOUR)
3 Pokemon Catcher (EP 95)
4 Pokemon Collector (HGSS 97)
3 Eviolite (NV 91)
4 Twins (TR 89)
2 N (NV 101)
3 Professor Oak's New Theory (HGSS 101)
4 Junk Arm (TR 87)
4 Defender (UD 72)
4 Revive (BW 102)
2 Flower Shop Lady (UD 74)
2 Pokegear 3.0 (HGSS 96)
2 Team Rocket's Trickery (UD 78)
3 Dual Ball (UL 72)

Energy:
6 {M} (basic)
4 {M} (special)
2 rescue

This deck focuses on milling the opponent. I was originally against hypno but I had 2 extra slots, so I added it. Please post your advice below. Thanks!

Azurial

Aspiring Trainer
Well, It's been a while but I think I will start off this one.

Im not so sure that Hypno fits in with this deck. instead of another bench sitter tossing in 2 Kyurem, Zekrom, or Reshiram might be a better choice, as they will help out when your revives have been burned through, and you have no option to re-use them (prized, missed, judged, ect. Junk arms).

other than that, i'd say wait a couple of weeks and see what takes place with the meta. hope I helped even a bit!

bigbija

loves banana pudding
I disagree. I have tested it a bit and hypno helps in most situations. I am putting mine back in. I think you need to max out your dual ball count and take out team rocket's trickery. Also you are running to many energy because of rescues. I have found that they don't help as much as you think because you will never get one on durant before it dies unless you draw it (doesn't happen much). Rescue energy doesn't hurt the deck that much and is rather a matter of preference so make sure you test to find out what works for you.

-2 Team Rocket's Trickery

+1 Eviolite
+1 Dual ball

Dual ball is for consistency and eviolite is to have better odds of drawing it. trickery/cheerleader's cheer (somewhat of a debate on which to play) aren't needed really because disruption isn't part of the strategy. You essentially want to mill from T1 and keep going with that. The deck is fast and consistent and you really don't get a durant prized that often. You list looks pretty good though. Good luck and I hope I helped.

~bija

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
pokemonjoe said:
Pokemon: 7
4 Durant (NV 83)
1 Rotom (UD 20)
1-1 Hypno (HGSS 23)

Trainers:
1 Alph Lithograph (TR FOUR)
3 Pokemon Catcher (EP 95)
4 Pokemon Collector (HGSS 97)
3 Eviolite (NV 91)
4 Twins (TR 89)
2 N (NV 101)
3 Professor Oak's New Theory (HGSS 101)
4 Junk Arm (TR 87)
4 Defender (UD 72)
4 Revive (BW 102)
2 Flower Shop Lady (UD 74)
2 Pokegear 3.0 (HGSS 96)
2 Team Rocket's Trickery (UD 78)
3 Dual Ball (UL 72)

Energy:
6 {M} (basic)
4 {M} (special)
2 rescue

This deck focuses on milling the opponent. I was originally against hypno but I had 2 extra slots, so I added it. Please post your advice below. Thanks!
Durant is all about disruption until you deck out your enemy.

- 1-1 Hypno (Hello, Pokémon Catcher + HORRIBLE start (2 retreat - good game!) - just no)
+ 1 Rotom (You don't want a (or even 2) Durant AND your Rotom prized. You would be completely screwed.)

- 3 PONT
+ 4 Juniper (Juniper is much better for this deck since you can use almost anything before discarding and it draws one more card - also if you have something in your hand you can't use you often don't need it at that point anymore.)
+ 2-3 Judge (Disrupt, draw, deck them out at the end [better then N lategame].)
- 1-2 Twins (Twins sounds like a perfect card for the deck but it's not as useful as you think - you would rather shuffle&draw or Juniper than use it most of the time since almost all cards are useful. You won't be searching for things like Candy&attacker here. Still, it is a good card in this deck and you should have 2-3. 4 is overkill.)
- 0-1 Team Rockets Trickery
- 2 FSL (You don't need them!)

+ 1 Dual Ball (Max it! You have to get 4 Durants T1. You can discard them later with Junk Arm.)
+ 2 Lost Remover and...
+ 4 Crushing Hammer (you won't win without disruption)
- 1-2 Defender (reuse with Junk Arm when needed)
- 1 Catcher (2 is enough with Junk Arm & energy removers)

- 2 Rescue Energy (You don't need them, use the Revives and Junk Arms to get them back and try to not get your Durants killed by disrupting with Lost Remover, Crushing Hammer, Catcher and avoid OHKOs with Sp. Metal, Eviolite and Defenders.)
+ 1-3 Metal Energy (You need to have an energy in your hand T1 and an energy would be cool to have in the hand almost every turn too.)

Long list, why did I even bother to help. ;__; I hope that you will at least take my advice.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
Based on everyone's suggestions, I while try these edits:
-1-1 hypno
-2 rescue
-2 FSL
-2 team rocket's trickery
-1 N
-2 PONT
-1 twins
-1 defender
+4 Juniper
+1 dual ball
+2 lost remover
+2 {M}
+4 crushing hammer

Reasons? Well, I was starting with drowzee too much and they could just catcher my drowzee/hypno and snipe durants, set up, etc. For the rescue, I wasn't using it enough and savoring my 1 energy per turn, which I used for {M} almost all the time. I've found I really liked the catcher, so I'll keep them in for consistensy. Teal stated a lot of the reasons, so look up to see the rest. I will test all of these and see what works for me.
Azurial: Sorry, reshi or zekky just doesn't work. I don't see how they would help. Also, I need to play this deck for cities, so I don't have that long to wait.

bigbija

loves banana pudding
I would still use 3 if not 4 twins because what happens is you don't draw energy. You need other options sometimes to get specific cards with this deck because a one turn not spent milling can cost you the game.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Please do not post in threads that have no new posts for two weeks or more. Thanks.

*Locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.