• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard My current Dramp/Garb list. Need help for Post-Rotation

AverageAvenger

Canadian Card Fox
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 3 Drampa-GX GRI 115
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Trubbish BKP 56
* 3 Trubbish GRI 50
* 3 Garbodor GRI 51
* 1 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 2 Hala GRI 126
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Team Skull Grunt SUM 133
* 2 Team Flare Grunt GEN 73
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 3 N DEX 96
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 13

* 2 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 7 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
Sadly, I do not have the resources to obtain Leles, so I use Oranguru. I would appreciate it if anyonw ould be able to give me some tips for when rotation rolls around. Thanks!

The official Rotation has been announced, and only BREAKThrough-on sets will be legal for sanctioned, Standard tournament play going into the new 2017-2018 season. Thus, any cards from the PRC, DCR, ROS and AOR sets, that were not reprinted in the new season's current legal sets, have rotated out. More information can be found by searching for the Rotation article on the PokéBeach's Home Forum.

In regards, to your particular list, cards like Lysandre and VS Seeker will need to be replaced. Review the new BUS set and consider using cards like Acerola, Guzma, etc. as potential replacement.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Lysandre could be replaced by Guzma indeed, how good (or bad) would it be to replace VS Seeker with 4 Puzzle of Time? Or would you accept to basically 'lose' the ability of VS Seeker and switch to other trainers like Acerola indeed?

Lysandre could be replaced by Guzma indeed, how good (or bad) would it be to replace VS Seeker with 4 Puzzle of Time? Or would you accept to basically 'lose' the ability of VS Seeker and switch to other trainers like Acerola indeed?
The 4 Puzzles could work, yes. I also had the idea of possibly running random receiver since I have a realtively big supporter line which could be upped a bit. Guzma is a great idea too. I was also thinking possibly Po Town to get Drampa boosted?

In another thread, I saw a player mention Puzzle of Time as a replacement for VS Seeker; and that got me re-thinking how I've revised some decks already for the post-Rotation. The PoTs may be a very good, viable alternative for the soon-to-be-rotated-out VS Seeker for the simple fact that the PoT provides more versatility unlike just having "extra" counts of other Supporters. More play-testing needed.

What have your testing results revealed to you thus far?

I honestly think PoT is not a very good replacement for VS Seeker, seeing that you HAVE to have 2 in your hand to use them, and without Teammates or Trainers' Mail, it loses a lot of the potential it did have. Even then, if PoT is such a good card, why didn't people use it in standard? Only deck I can think of is Sylveon, but I don't think that counts, since the deck never did anything worth noting. I would honestly play high Supporter count and MAX consistency.
First off, Po Town is absolutely amazing in this deck, since it sets up Drampa, and allows you to play Brigette over Fan Club. I also think Necrozma is a good card of notice, since it blows things up, and has an awesome GX attack. Rainbow Energy is something I'm not a fan of, since certain special energy hate can come wreck your shop.
Please also note that Trashalanche loses a lot of power due to VS Seeker and Trainers' Mail rotating, so I dropped the 3rd Trashalanche for a 2nd Garbotoxin, since Volcanion, Gardevoir, Metagross, and Vikavolt will see a hell of a lot of play. It also helps to play 4 Float Stone, so you can power up Garbotoxin with no problems when your opponent Field Blowers you, and also lets you set Garbotoxin up super early. In my list, I play Max Elixir so you can set up Drampa faster and accelerate Energy to Necrozma for more damage. It's also really good because if you ever miss an energy attachment ( which you want to do every turn ), you can make it up with the Elixirs. I would also point out that Energy disruption is total garbage unless your whole deck is based around it. It also takes away consistency in a format where there is no VS Seeker to re-use them. This rule pretty much goes for all one-of supporters post-rotation except for Brigette and Fan Club. I would also like to say that you should change from 3 Stomp off Trubbish and 1 Acid Spray to 4 Acid Spray. Yes, this is contradictory to what I JUST said, but if you're in a pickle, it's a better choice to try to discard Energy than to discard an item( better chances too ). I also noticed you don't have Tapu Lele GXs. You really need them, especially post-rotation since searching supporters are super broken, and that means an Ultra Ball can turn into 7 new cards. Lele is a super important part of deck consistency, and works as a backup attacker when you're in a bad spot. Just saying, when a card expensive, there's a usually a really good reason. Otherwise, it's Charizard. If you want my list, message back and I'll work my magic.

I honestly think PoT is not a very good replacement for VS Seeker, seeing that you HAVE to have 2 in your hand to use them, and without Teammates or Trainers' Mail, it loses a lot of the potential it did have. Even then, if PoT is such a good card, why didn't people use it in standard? Only deck I can think of is Sylveon, but I don't think that counts, since the deck never did anything worth noting. I would honestly play high Supporter count and MAX consistency.
First off, Po Town is absolutely amazing in this deck, since it sets up Drampa, and allows you to play Brigette over Fan Club. I also think Necrozma is a good card of notice, since it blows things up, and has an awesome GX attack. Rainbow Energy is something I'm not a fan of, since certain special energy hate can come wreck your shop.
Please also note that Trashalanche loses a lot of power due to VS Seeker and Trainers' Mail rotating, so I dropped the 3rd Trashalanche for a 2nd Garbotoxin, since Volcanion, Gardevoir, Metagross, and Vikavolt will see a hell of a lot of play. It also helps to play 4 Float Stone, so you can power up Garbotoxin with no problems when your opponent Field Blowers you, and also lets you set Garbotoxin up super early. In my list, I play Max Elixir so you can set up Drampa faster and accelerate Energy to Necrozma for more damage. It's also really good because if you ever miss an energy attachment ( which you want to do every turn ), you can make it up with the Elixirs. I would also point out that Energy disruption is total garbage unless your whole deck is based around it. It also takes away consistency in a format where there is no VS Seeker to re-use them. This rule pretty much goes for all one-of supporters post-rotation except for Brigette and Fan Club. I would also like to say that you should change from 3 Stomp off Trubbish and 1 Acid Spray to 4 Acid Spray. Yes, this is contradictory to what I JUST said, but if you're in a pickle, it's a better choice to try to discard Energy than to discard an item( better chances too ). I also noticed you don't have Tapu Lele GXs. You really need them, especially post-rotation since searching supporters are super broken, and that means an Ultra Ball can turn into 7 new cards. Lele is a super important part of deck consistency, and works as a backup attacker when you're in a bad spot. Just saying, when a card expensive, there's a usually a really good reason. Otherwise, it's Charizard. If you want my list, message back and I'll work my magic.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Buff up my Supporter line and then have as much consistency as possible. Random Receiver was a consideration for me, which I will test asap, but there isn't anything confirming that I will use it in the new list. Po Town also helps, yeah, and can also really hurt decks that rely on evolution, so much so to the point where it can take 2-3 KOs to 1-2 KOs with the damage counter placement. I can certainly see a Necrozma tech, as well as the 2nd Garbotoxin and the jump with Acid Spray Trubbish. I can certainly up my Float Stone count, as well as think about running Max Elixir. I have been working on trading up to Leles, due to the fact that I'm broke as ever and can't buy one or rely on just packs to pull one by chance, but I'm trying with what I have. Other than that, I'd love to see your list and what you've got. Thanks!

I know the struggle of no Lele on PTCGO, but I've been trading my burning shadows codes to well known PTCGO players, and I almost have enough Guardians Rising to buy 2. Best of luck to you

Back