My Concern with the Direction of the Game thus far...

Card Slinger J said:
This is why TPCi should've went with RR-On instead of HGSS-On, at least we would've had 1 more season to play with Spiritomb AR and Expert Belt at least. I still can't believe that I thought I had 1 more season to play Charizard and TPCi goes out and breaks their promise to cut only 4 sets instead of 7 like what they're going to do in July.

I guess this means that the next rotation after HGSS-On won't be 4 set cuts now? Or is 7 the new standard cause If it is cards for decks that have only been legal for at least 1 Modified Season will never get a chance to be used for the next season and that hurts in terms of spending money in deck building plus ALOT of players would quit If that was the case.

Let's hope Call of Legends will be legal for the 2012-2013 Modified Season whatever it may be. I know that's far ahead from now but there's gotta be some kind optimism not to tear decks apart for a long period of time, cutting 7 sets to HGSS-On is harsh trust me. Normally TPCi wouldn't make such a drastic move but apparently they think it will kill Sableye when RR-On would've already done the trick.

If they want to start each season with 9 and end with 13, then chances are(just a total guess...) it will go something like this.

They won't rotate any sets this year, leaving us with 7. Then, they go until next season, and THEN they rotate some, so they still rotate out 4 sets(AKA the "block" of HGSS), but then they do the 7 set starting thing instead of 9.

Well either way TPCi/P!P already broke their promise but not because they wanted to it was because of the power creep of the Platinum sets and Sableye SF but Stormfront was going to rotated regardless anyway. It doesn't really matter since the format is going to be HGSS-On anyway, not that I have anything against the new format infact I think it is more balanced than MD-On by ALOT. I love it actually and because of HGSS-On it helps decks that were outclassed by other decks in MD-On to see more playability.

If they didn't break their promise people thought that LuxChomp would still be tier 1 when it would already lose the Cyrus Engine from the Rotation and not be as competitive as it once was. I don't see why that is so hard to understand not even catutie figured it out. This is what happens when an R&D doesn't think things through hard enough and just goes with what they think the best course of action should be.

Even with the engine gone, LuxChomp are still full of hard-hitting basics that can and will annoy someone. It may not be tier one but the pieces are easily techable.

Also, if that post bashing catutie is just to imply that you're still butthurt for the format not being RR-on then just suck it up please.

RR-on would bring back decks such as Flygon, Salamence, Arceuse, Charizard and Spiritomb AR will still be active therefore ruining your precious Stage 2 decks for not being able to use Candy or Communication to find them. So honestly, if you're gonna think that RR-on would be way more balanced that HGSS-on please stop it because that is false and will never be true.

Japan has had HGSS-on since forever and I don't see them whining. Heck, they don't even whine about having them adjust to OUR format.

Once red collection comes out, you'll see why them tried to make the format like it has been in 01 (without sneasel or slowking though). They had that format virtually perfect and they let it slip up via md-bw. Now that it's like it is, the format will take much more skill to understand.

Card Slinger J said:
You don't get it, most of the cards that SP's use in decks was from Platinum: Base Set with the Cyrus Engine, without the Cyrus Engine SP's wouldn't be as good as they are recently. You're also forgetting that Crobat G was also from Platinum: Base Set. Without Platinum: Base Set, SP's can't function as good and LuxChomp wouldn't be good enough to be Tier 1 again. So many other Non-SP Pokemon had alot of potential especially Nidoqueen RR and Flygon RR but now that they're phased out we're forced to move on.

Call of Legends isn't necessarily a HGSS set and you can tell by most of the reprints in the set that it will be Modified legal for another season at least, it makes perfect sense. Also as for Charizard it wouldn't be too powerful however had we of had RR-On Charizard G Lv. X would've gotten some play time with Emboar (Ability). Plus I would've wanted another shot at Regular Garchomp SV with Excadrill from our upcoming set. However everybody wanted HGSS-On like they were preaching the gospel without thinking about what If the format was RR-On instead.

If Call of Legends isn't Modified legal for the 2012-2013 Modified format, it'd probably kill the game. Do you think I wanna go through another 7 set rotation like what TPCi is going to do on July 1st? HECK NO!!! They usually don't rotate out that many sets anyway but apparently it was an exception this time because of Sableye SF and the power creep of the Diamond/Pearl and Platinum sets.

luxchomp would still be dominant....let me tell the ways. 1 it still sets up faster, T2 you have a garchomp with DCE and luxray on the bench. 2 it can snipe, you got a basic that isnt ready yet? to bad. 3 its a slower format, being ready T2 and sniping for 80? that is almost an autowin, even there stage 1's wouldnt stand up. 4 bright look? did you forget that. thats the whole reason that catcher shouldnt be released, it would be luxray all over again. just bring up there emboar with 4 retreat and 4 energy to attack and go to town on there bench...gg from there

Just a note, you can only Flash Impact twice without the Cyrus Engine. :p

But why are we really talking about an RR-on Format to begin with? It has absolutely no relevance now that it will be HG/SS-On in less than a month. Stop talking about it or the thread will be locked.

dmaster out.

^who cares, its still to much lol. you only need to do it once to bring up a high retreat. then just win from there. but ya...back on this topic....what ever it is :p

I for one, would disagree with you Card Slinger J, because if you watch Prof-It, ALL three of the top three decks require Stage 2's (ReshiBoar and Donchamp are the two I remember), and I've only been in the competitive Pokemon TCG only since May 17th, 2011, so I may not know completely what I'm talking about, but the rotation has gotten rid of all SP's, which in my opinion are basics on steroids, so that might've balanced the format a little bit. but all in all, I think you're wrong.

Well, if you want basic roids, just look at Zekrom and Reshiram.
But other than that, the decks are really balanced and it takes good deck building to win and, for many decks, you have to know who to attack with and when. At league, I played a guy who attacked with RDL first thing, but I got the KO there and was able to stay up on prize cards because of that. Also, one needs to know what cards to play in order to counter. I think that there is some luck (Cleffa), but also skill to know what to play and what to cut or just what to grab with a Sage's Training.

dmaster, the CardSlingerJ is insisting on his point that RR-on would be more balanced hence he made this thread. We're pointing out why HGSS+ is the best move that TPCi has made in years.

LuxChomp would still be tier 1 in that environment because you only play basics lol.

@OU Pokemon
You don't even need to watch Prof-It to know that Magneboar and ReshiBoar are the most overplayed decks. Just look at the Deck Garage and similar subforums of the other forums and you'll have the idea of what are really playable. Prof-It just reinforces the point with more detailed analysis

@Topic
Catcher + Junk Arm is bad. We can't do anything about it. We should just be thankful TPCi made the mid-season rotation. Deal with it.

Not to be rude, but it's pretty funny how some of you guys are telling everyone to deal with it when you haven't experienced Base Set with Gust of Wind. This is exactly like Base Set, whether some of you like it or not. You know what people did back then? They teched for it. I wasn't even born when Base Set was released, yet I still know about things like GoW and Dark Vileplume.

About Catcher, I don't think it should be banned. Yeah, for a deck like Reshiboar, it could cause some trouble, but against Donchamp there isn't much you can do, because of Fighting Tag. That's exactly why J-Wittz showed it as one of the top decks, because of its fast set-up and switching engine. And I do think J-Wittz is smart, I do watch his episodes, and it displeases me to see some of you going against Prof-It!, because I know a lot of people who have learned a lot from his shows, including me.

One more thing: About P!P possibly releasing Catcher, I hope you guys realize that it's not just oe person who makes the decision. P!P gets e-mails form probably thousands of people a day talking about things like Catcher. While I do think it is unwise for them to ignore about 95% of these messages, people disagree, just like in this forum. You can't complain to P!P that the game is unfair because you don't know what kinds of counters you may be getting for "broken" cards. Maybe there will be a card that is similar to Spiritomb in the next expansion, but you have to wait and see. We still don't know about 30 of the cards from the new set, so it would make sense that they either don't release Catcher or add a semi-counter that everyone could tech for it.

Although one thing I love about this thread is that people actually put more than one sentence's worth of thought into their posts. :p

Yoshidude10 said:
About Catcher, I don't think it should be banned. Yeah, for a deck like Reshiboar, it could cause some trouble, but against Donchamp there isn't much you can do, because of Fighting Tag. That's exactly why J-Wittz showed it as one of the top decks, because of its fast set-up and switching engine. And I do think J-Wittz is smart, I do watch his episodes, and it displeases me to see some of you going against Prof-It!, because I know a lot of people who have learned a lot from his shows, including me.

DonChamp is easy to get around If you're running a Water/Psychic deck. With the way my current deck works being based around the Lost Zone with Lucario, I run a 3-3 Gyarados HGSS/CoL line to get around Donphan while I have Mew Prime take care of Machamp Prime. Plus with Catcher/Reversal you can score donks pretty easily. Just make sure you're running a fast deck with possibly Basics and Stage 1's or Stage 1's with just 1 Stage 2 line. I really think that Rare Candy has lost the luster it once had in the game because before the errata you had the tempo advantage to make it playable but post-errata you don't.

As for J-Wittz I have a deep respect for him for what he's done for the Pokemon TCG Community and he's really good in terms of insight and knowledge that he shares with his videos that he uploads on YouTube. I also have a deep respect for Jason "Ness" Klaczynski whose a 2 time Pokemon TCG World Champion, won both 2006 and 2008 Worlds, the latter in Diamond/Pearl-On which was one of the best Modified formats I had the previlege to play in when I started with Majestic Dawn. If only they reprinted Claydol GE, then every deck would be consistent again... lolz

If Ness still played Pokemon I'd love to see him go up against J-Wittz just to see how it would turn out.

If you were talking about my post that "bashes" Prof-It then let me defend myself for that.

I just stated that you don't need Prof-It to know that DonChamp and ReshiBoar are going to be played. Prof-It only explained why they are awesome decks and provided ways for us to run it. I watch the show and I learn from it.

Claydol GE again? Even if I abused that card, I hated it for the fact that all games were based on Claydol. It's like, whoever gets to kill the Claydol wins the game.

Riskbreakers said:
If you were talking about my post that "bashes" Prof-It then let me defend myself for that.

I just stated that you don't need Prof-It to know that DonChamp and ReshiBoar are going to be played. Prof-It only explained why they are awesome decks and provided ways for us to run it. I watch the show and I learn from it.

I do as well, and I understand where you're getting at.

Riskbreakers said:
Claydol GE again? Even if I abused that card, I hated it for the fact that all games were based on Claydol. It's like, whoever gets to kill the Claydol wins the game.

Now that you mention it with Catcher/Reversal it would make games more one sided since they would lose their draw engine while you still have yours.

^could you imagine...them taking out there draw power also? i know its hard to think of -_-. with catcher anything is on the bench is just a free prize. say goodbye to retreating those starters to the bench and say goodbye to cleffa...catcher that thing up and easy prize HA good thing i got rid of that thing :p

how can u nerf a pokemon catcher?
theres already nerfed versions of it; pokemon reversal, pokemon circulator

pokemon catcher wont be that big of a deal.
everyone is starting to run switch in their decks.
the most pokemon catcher will do is get you 1 or 2 cheap prizes
you cant always rely on catcher alone.

Back