Help Must do and must do not about playing decidueye/vileplume

Giufla91

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys, I successfully get to pokemon tcg reborn in my city, i already planned to make the test as organizer for the shop where we play.
In few weeks from now we are gonna do our first torunament.
We planned it to be in standard and with all the official rules (since I am already a professor pokemon), it happens that I came out having 4 decidueye gx and I built something like this

Pokemon: 21
4-4-4 Decidueye Gx
2-2-2 Vileplume (AOR)
1 Tauros Gx
1 Tapu lele Gx
1 oranguru

Trainer 24
4 Prof. sycamore
3 hala
2 lysandre
4 ultra ball
3 level ball
2 float stone
2 revitalizer
4 forest of the giant plants

Energy: 15
4 DCE
11 Grass

I maybe will be able to provide a couple of vs seeker/random receiver/trainer's mail but I'd like to not spend so much on a deck that will lose so much in september and also I am not really into decks like this one ( I prefer decks with more consistency and rude damage, in few words I am a fire or dark type).

So any suggestions about how to play this list or maybe change it to avoid some dead hands (too often occured in the initial testing).

I don't know myabe something like "aim toset a vileplume first of all then decidueye" or the opposite XD

thanks to anyone who will join the thread

1. I'd cut down on Grass energies. I'd say maybe 4-5? Then add Ns. They're pretty cheap as is trainer's mail. Won't set you back too much.

2. Never plume w/o Float Stone.

3. One of the biggest mistakes when it comes to this deck is enabling item lock when it actually hurts you more. Make sure that when you plume that your board state is effective even without the use of items.

4. You definitely want a decidueye before you plume. Or at least it's stage 1.

If on a budget id go
-5 grass
+1 level ball
+4 Trainers mail/Acro Bike
If go acro bike Id say another -1 grass + 1 Revitalizer

Back