Finished Murder III: Deep, Dark Cavern: Joeypals!! Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a bigger break Between Murder III and Murder IV, as I don't know what is goinng to happen yet for Murder IV.

Oh wow. It was my second choice after all....

Back when I made that long speech about how it was another person, I had another thought too.

The fact that a Vaporeon was going to die next gave the perfect cover for her. We all assume taht it wouldnt be her because a vaporeon is going to die, it draws away suspision from her.

Sigh, if only I chose the other option... Oh well.

Another good game people.

42, are you leading the next one?

Regardless of who does, it should be another specific type. Maybe Fire types next?

Can I do the storyline typing for the next one? I would love to do it, but have been denied this privledge for the past several games. I, obviously, would not assume a regular role in the game.

I would enjoy doing the story this time. In fact, I've already got a story lined up. It's in the PM inboxes of 42c and Guy.

Joey: Exactly what SY said. You couldn't have been more off the mark about the evidence. :B

ANYWAYS! I'll just go ahead and start stating what I remember...

Everything must burn away to come back even stronger: My usertitle, and perhaps the biggest hint. Regardless of what you think, Joey, HP Fire was used in conjunction with this, NOT Acid Armor. I could have easily chosen like Starmie or Squirtle or Gyarados that lacked the Acid Armor. It wouldn't have changed anything. Also, Vaporeon MELTS into water. God, not gonna lie, that was the most frustrating part ever.
Look in the most obvious of places: My usertitle. God didn't ANYONE wonder about it?
F for Flare, G for Gale/Threads of Old and New: Refers to Flare the Torchic and Gale the Pidgeotto in my long-running fanfiction, Rose Quartz and Onyx. It's currently being rewritten, but the thread of old referred to the old version of RQO. Both of the Pokemon, unless I'm highly mistaken, were in at least the last chapter I posted up here.
Gems are fake: was actually a valid clue to myself! Rose Quartz Crystal and Onyx are both, IIRC, not semi-precious stones. They're also not seen as a typical gemstone by any means due to their clarity, hence 'fake'. Also, the story itself is a mock, 'fake' journey fic, that being fanmade. The pinning the blame was just coincedence.
Concerning B&W: I do not have my hopes set highly for the games. Personally the thing I think of first when looking at those titles is MJ's song, which I grew up with.
'Calm Before the Storm': I actually had to think about this one a bit myself. It refers to my name in game, Maelstra. Maelstra is a variation of maelstrom, a type of whirlpool. It's a bit of a stretch, but it can be made that a whirlpool can be a storm-like thing, like with Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. Correct me if I'm wrong, Ice!
'Writing on the Wall': The only important part of this was 'wall'; come on guys. You all know that I'm the 'wall-of-text queen. :p It was INCREDIBLY hard not to use that phrase in my posts after the hint was issued, mind you...
Paws: 42, that REALLY hurt when you used 'paws' there in that first murder. D: For OBVIOUS reasons...
Maelstra/M/nature: While I claimed the name of Maelstra before hand, I suppose maybe you could derive M from that. HOWEVER, I shall be blunt in saying that it was NOT the original purpose of the note. There is proof, however, that Maelstra is not a very nice Vaporeon; again proof is in my fic RQO, though I don't think it was ever posted here...regardless, it was coincedence, all things considering the name was pre-chosen.

Now, a few things that were most DEFINITELY WRONG with your guy's theories, besides the obvious:

-Water/Ice: Was never intended as a true hint. It fit the rhyming scheme and was extremely conveinent for me when allowing others to pick off other folks.
Shoddy Battle: Yeah, Joey, this one's for YOU. Vaporeon needs a very, very solid way to hit Gyarados. In fact, Vaporeon is one of the better known Gyarados counters. And, what does Gyarados have 4x weakness to? ELECTRICITY. The only competitive Vaporeon I've ever seen are those with HP Electric. As said before, HP Fire is seen on Mons that cannot easily deal damage to Steel types, such as, gee, I dunno, Espeon and Gengar. IF you don't believe me, I'd check up with Smogon.
-Acid Armor: was never intended as part of the game either.
-My responses: You can deny it all you will; I was whole-heartedly telling the truth when I said I've been waiting to play this game for a while now when you guys made that error in the last game. I'm an EXTREMELY big murder mystery fan. Huge. Also, I'm surprised NO ONE CAUGHT THE PHOENIX WRIGHT REFERENCE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME *sadfaic*.
Also, as you can see from this post, I'm extremely prone to 'wall of text' syndrome; it's extremely difficult for me to keep on track in any posts. I let all of my theories be known. That's how I play this game. I think it's really stupid to vote before any sort of real proof comes up. That's how I role. I'll state the facts, but I'll only 'go for the kill' when I'm ready. So uh yeah, you guys obviously don't know me too well.
M: for Murderer. I C/Ped last game without thought. it had nothing to do with my name.

Really, guys. Look at the clues next time. You CANNOT go off of behaviors alone. Just because someone is suspicious or inactive or whatever in a post doesn't MEAN A THING. Take that from a veteran attorney at la-er, player of this game. :D

That being said, it'll hopefully be a lot more fun to be killed off first thing next game. :B Hope you don't mind crazy-spun theories as well as an objection or two...

*scuttles off to play more Phoenix Wright*

Look forward to the next game, anyhoo.

Thank you everyone! And nice story! I still understand why everyone did not believe me, really! This totally makes up for MMII! Hope to play next game!

Joey, you weren't the first to suspect Crystal, I did, right before I died (It was an RNG not so random).

Actually, it was first Snorchu that rose suspicions about me. It was very conveinent that he was modkilled for me, hahaha...

Also Guy it kinda sorta didn't help your case that you 1) didn't really present evidence incriminating me and 2) said it was a 'random' guess to try and influence the RNG.

...what was the final odds, btw? Did you count mammaluigi's vote change? Cause I'd think that I'd be more lucky than a 25% loss. :B Ah well, even I can get haxed...

But seriously, being the murderer was fun and all, but bein' a DETECTIVE'S where it's at yo.

My clue was quite obvious right? my theories about paw-wave where brought up, but I said forget this fish, it was an easy hint ;)

My hint tricked you, you all thought of the storm but instead I wanted you to think of the calm. Guy, do you remeber my idea from aaages ago that I PM'd you?

No, I don't but I already have an idea for Murder IV, which is a transition from III to IV, like II was to III. Ideas have to made when the story ends to make it look like a good transition. Possibly for Murder V?

Wait the game is over well that was Lame to say the least this game needs something IDK what although i did like the twist of the murders

T

^Ah, who cares. The game is still fun.
Plus, this time around, I learned somthing; Clues can be drawn from anything all over this website. Not just limited to this game itself.

Since the game is over, i CAN edit.
So I want to remind you guys, that I WILL play in the next game.

Also, I call dibs on these pokemon;

If theme is fire; Houndoom.
If theme is dragon; Garchomp
If theme is electric; Luxray
Ice; Glaceon

I called dibs. ^_^

Snorchu said:
I would enjoy doing the story this time. In fact, I've already got a story lined up. It's in the PM inboxes of 42c and Guy.
Maybe I could assist you with the dramatic writing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back