Mulligan Mewtwo

Gengar_is_Pwnage

Happy 20th Sonic (Since '91)
I'm ever so curious since I dont know what it is. Can anyone shed some light to this room inside my brain?

Sure. The skeleton list looks a bit like this:
1x Mewtwo Base Set
59x Psychic Energy

The strategy is based on getting out your Mewtwo after your opponent draws a lot of mulligan cards (at the beginning of the game) and then start using Mewtwo's Barrier attack once the game starts. Since every turn, Mewtwo will prevent all damage done to it, the opponent will eventually deck out.

Hope I helped. :)

It is pretty funny watching your opponents face. There is a lot of things that can defeat it though. Any thing that can put damage/special conditions on it from the bench or hand refresh cards.

^Still, your opponent will typically deck out before you do to search cards except for hand refresh.
I love this deck when it works. The only problem is, it usually doesn't. It gets donked, special conditioned, energy's removed, your opponent decks YOU out by not doing anything but drawing, then using Judge/PONT when they have no deck left, etc. Too many decks run Judge or PONT for this to work well in Unlimited.
The strategy really could not be more simple. Just draw, attach, end. Draw, attach, Barrier. Draw, attach, Barrier. It's really funny to win this way, but as I said, you usually don't.

just when i thought pokemon was too complicated... something like this pops up...

This is the coolest deck ever BTW!!!

It works in theory - but most decks back then ran 4 energy removal and up to 4 super energy removal.

One turn of not having enough energy to barrier is enough to knock out mewtwo.

Back