Muk, Grimer, and Tropius from ‘Star Birth!’

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Pokemon has revealed a new Muk line and Tropius from Japan’s upcoming set S9 Star Birth, which releases there on January 14th. Cards from Star Birth are expected to become part of the international set Brilliant Stars in February.
Grimer – Darkness – HP80
Basic Pokemon
[D] Poison Gas: Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Poisoned.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 3

Muk – Darkness – HP130
Stage 1 – Evolves from Grimer
Ability: Sludge Road
If your opponent’s Active Pokemon is Poisoned, its Retreat Cost is [C] more.
[D][C][C] Shrieking Poison: 90 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Poisoned and Confused.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 3...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Grimer/Muk - If only we have some item lock to pair with this nice ability on a status condition that nobody cares about,... 3-3

Tropius - who gives a toss abt Confusion, eh? 3

Is there an easy way to poison in standard? This might really help leafeon vmax one shot vmaxs.
Not an easy means but since you already play Galar Mine you could attempt to fit a 1-1 or 2-2 line of Garbodor into the deck. He poisons from the bench with an ability if you have a stadium card in play.

Why is the Grimer's attack circled in red? Circled? Squared? Whatever you'd call it? What I'm trying to say is, why is Grimer's attack being emphasized?

Why is the Grimer's attack circled in red? Circled? Squared? Whatever you'd call it? What I'm trying to say is, why is Grimer's attack being emphasized?
the images for the cards are taken from the video they were revealed in, where they were highlighting certain parts of the cards

Is there an easy way to poison in standard? This might really help leafeon vmax one shot vmaxs.
VMaxs don't tend to OHKO each other. Leafeon VMAX was already good that it doesn't extra help. We need a Trainer card that inflicts poison, so that we don't need to dedicate an extra bench space for that poison stuff

VMaxs don't tend to OHKO each other. Leafeon VMAX was already good that it doesn't extra help. We need a Trainer card that inflicts poison, so that we don't need to dedicate an extra bench space for that poison stuff
With 4 RC, Leafeon is doing enough dmg to KO a Pokemon V.

If Muk was at least 2 CC or 3 CC but just 1?
Meh... We had cards that were more efficent.

I could be wrong but I think the Muk artist hasn’t done any cards before this, I like it
at the very least they're also credited for the CSR Rapid Strike Urshifu VMax in VMax Climax, but the art style on those cards seems very similar to the TCG artist tetsuya koizumi, who goes by "Scav" on twitter, so i think it might just be a change of illustration name? in which case he's been around since burning shadows

at the very least they're also credited for the CSR Rapid Strike Urshifu VMax in VMax Climax, but the art style on those cards seems very similar to the TCG artist tetsuya koizumi, who goes by "Scav" on twitter, so i think it might just be a change of illustration name? in which case he's been around since burning shadows

Interesting, I hadn’t looked at all the artists on all CSRs once they were released, just the ones that trickled out at first. Thanks for the info!

He retweeted a video with the Muk in question so you seem to be on to something!

I think this is the first change in an artist attribution we've seen the TCG. That we're aware of, anyways. (And conditional on the fact I don't understand what's going on with the PLANETA credits.)

Back