Muffinman's Fakes.. NEW ADDITIONS: Legend Pokemon!

muffinman57

Aspiring Trainer
Hello all!

I have just recently begun faking and so far have a few cards I am ready to showcase. These cards will eventually be part of a set of cards I intend on printing and playing with a group of friends. My goal here is cards that are very functional and balanced not necessarily pretty, although I do love me some nice fancy artwork!

I'm looking for comments about playability and balance and what you guys think overall. I will update this thread pretty frequently. (I know a lot of people say this and disappear, but I already have multiple cards and ideas in the works).

My goal with this set is to slow things down a bit. There won't be any supporters that draw 6 cards or discard your hand and draw 7 cards, nothing like that. To balance this, I am making more synergistic and themed ideas. Also, all Pokemon are more useful now, rather than non-EX basics just simply being filler so you can evolve to stage 1 or 2. Instead of continuing to ramble, here is a link to the DeviantArt where I will be posting all of my fake cards.

LINK

POKEMON:

Hitmontop
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Heatran Legend *updated*
Darkrai Legend *updated*
Togepi
Togetic
Togekiss
Baltoy
Claydol
Phione Legend *new*
Deoxys Legend *new*
Victini Legend *new*

TRAINERS:

Sootopolis Gym
Saffron City Dojo
Razor Tooth
Lure Ball
Destructive Slash
Legend Trap *new*
Failed Support *new*

As you can see there is a new Pokemon card type: Legend.
Not to be confused with the Pokemon Legend of the HGSS series, these have new rules.
Each player may only have 1 Pokemon Legend in play at a time. Should provide for some fun games.

Thanks for feedback in advance!

RE: Muffinman's Fakes.. NEW ADDITIONS: Hitmon- Family, Heatran EX

Nice! Your cards are really neat.

Also, do you think you could post them here on the fourm?

This is how you do it

Interesting idea, how you used some anime stills for the pictures. Cool! The cards themself seem a little blurry however, resizing might help solve that problem.
EDIT: Just fell in love with the Togekiss one!

Thanks for the kind words guys. I have added all cards to the main post, should be easier that way. Yes I realize they are large so they appear blurry, resolution is very high on them. When I get some time I will resize them. Keep checking back for more updates, I will add names to the main post each time.

If anybody has ideas, but aren't able to make fakes that well, I will take requests. Can't promise they will be fancy, but they will be accurate!

Also looking for someone who would be willing to do some fancy out of border art for me, my abilities are sub par for now.

I love them, the placement is superb and the fonts look so solid and HQ. I just wonder why you have sized them up. And I'd like to see you using artwork not from the anime. Keep up the good work, it's awesome to see new fakers bloom. :)

These are probably nice for printing, but you probably should have scaled them down for online showcasing.

I agree with Delta Nite - refrain from using anime artwork. It doesn't look very good on cards. Also, try to avoid using art that has been used on official cards (with the exception of Sugimori art, which is fine as long as you create new backgrounds).

Also, watch your illustrator credit. Failing to give proper credit is art theft. Avoid using artwork if you don't know who made it. Also, The Pokémon Company doesn't do the anime artwork - that credit should be given to OLM, Inc.

The fonts look nice and I like the effects. The wording could use a little work, but not bad at all for beginner fakes.

thanks for the feedback guys, so far i enjoy using the anime artwork, if i get more creative in the future i will go back and add new art. same with wording, i need to do a little research to get all the wording more precise.

for now i have added some new cards, some full arts as well as a new card type, check em out!

Back