• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mudsdale Horsepower

AverageAvenger

Canadian Card Fox
Mudsdale Horsepower *EDIT*

Pokemon
4 x Mudbray
4 x Mudsdale
2 x Carbink (Energy Keeper)
2 x Carbink BREAK
2 x Oranguru

Item/Supporter/Stadium

4 x Professor Kukui
4 x Professor Sycamore
3 x N
4 x Ultra Ball
1 x Team Skull Grunt
1 x Hex Maniac
2 x Lysandre
2 x Energy Loto
4 x Choice Band
3 x Trainers' Mail
1 x Brock's Grit
2 x Special Charge
2 x Super Rod
2 x VS Seeker

Energy

7 x Fighting Energy - Basic
4 x Strong Energy - Special

This is the deck that I've been working on for a while. I started it when Guardians Rising first came out and have been improving since. I have it focused around Mudsdale GRI for the reason that it can hit hard under certain circumstances. With a tool attached, our choice here being Choice Band, it hits for 120 with Enhanced Stomp, 150 against EX and GX Pokemon, 170 against EX and GX with the Kukui boost, and 140 on non EX/GX with Kukui. I have Carbink BREAK here to get energies onto my Mudsdale, as well as Talonflames to boost my early game and Oranguru to keep my hand supplied. I run Strong Energy to boost Enhanced Stomp to 140 on it's own as well as boost High Horsepower to 200 base, 230 against EX and GX from Choice Band, and 250 if Kukui was applied that turn. I run Hex Maniac, Team Skull Grunt, and N/Lysandre to help with disruption, as the high energy cost of Mudsdale's attacks will b troublesome to set up. I'm also running Energy Keeper Carbink, as the usage of EXs has decreased, as well as to help Mudsdale keep it's fight going strong. I'd appreciate it if I could get some opinion on this and maybe some suggestions to make it better. I also want to keep this deck standard for when rotation comes around and was thinking of using Guzma over Lysandre once it does. Any suggestions for post rotation would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

Last edited:
Kukui shouldn't be your primary draw supporter because he only nets you 2 cards. The extra 20 damage for the turn is nice and all, but Kukui is better as a 1-of while you max out your Vs. Seekers. Max out on Sycamores too. Use 4 Talonflame or don't use it at all. 2 isn't enough to optimize your chances of starting with it. Work in 2-3 copies of N as well for backup draw supporters. Mudsdale is a decent 1-prize attacker, albeit an expensive one, so streaming them would be helpful. Super Rod and/or Brock's Grit are better than Energy Recycler and Rescue Stretcher together to get your Pokemon back, as well as basic energies at the same time, while Special Charge gets your Strong energies back too if Carbink Break isn't around to accelerate them. Field Blower is also too good to ignore nowadays; 1-2 copies should be included to disrupt opposing tools and stadiums since you're not using stadiums yourself.

I also don't see the point of Mallow here; sure, she lets you stack your deck with cards you need, but that's better suited to Typhlosion and Gallade/Octillery decks. Run Tapu Lele GX and Brigette instead, as the former lets you get any Supporter you need and the latter sets up your bench early.

Run Tapu Lele GX and Brigette instead, as the former lets you get any Supporter you need and the latter sets up your bench early.
Alright, I love the suggestions you gave me, I'll totally take that into mind, but at the moment I don't have the money for Lele GX and the full Seeker count. Let me get on the edits you suggested though.

This might be reaching a little bit, but I had considered a version where you play AOR Vaporeon to turn Mudsdale into a Water type Pokemon.

So you use Carbink Break one turn to load up two energy on Mudsdale, and next turn, attach for turn and use an aqua patch for the colorless energy to completely load Mudsdale.

This may be a little clunky, but would allow you to quickly load up if done right.

This might be reaching a little bit, but I had considered a version where you play AOR Vaporeon to turn Mudsdale into a Water type Pokemon.

So you use Carbink Break one turn to load up two energy on Mudsdale, and next turn, attach for turn and use an aqua patch for the colorless energy to completely load Mudsdale.

This may be a little clunky, but would allow you to quickly load up if done right.
Aqua Patch only attaches Water energy from the discard. Carbink Break is still a more consistent energy acceleration method.

Back