MT or SW

Which one is the best??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychic Pokemon Master

Aspiring Trainer
In Mysterious Treasures & Secret Wonders, there are a lot of good cards. So I would like to know among these 2 sets, which is the best in terms of the Rare Cards, Uncommon, Common, Trainers & LV X Pokemon??
Thanks in advance.. :D

P.S. Please do not lock this thread because I don't intend to make this thread like a "What is your favorite edition" or whatsoever. I create this thread is to get some opinions on both sets because I'm getting a booster box & my choice is this 2 but I have no idea which one is better. So, that is why I create this. I hope the mods understand my purpose... :)

To me, i'd choose SW. Beacause, it has good Deck cards and collectables. For instance, stantler, smeargle, gardy, gallade, gardy X, honchy x. Those are well 1/20 possible good deck cards. For collectables you could refer to these, mew, gardy x, honchy x, entei, suicune, raikou, almost all depending on what your collecting. So i'd go with a nice SW BBox.

I think both Magmortar and Lucario LV X are pretty useful. For SW, only Gardy LV X is really good, Honchkrow won't add much to SwarmKrow. So for just the LV X, I'd pick MT.
However. Gallade, Donphan, Banette, Weavile and Stantler and many others are way better than most MT cards. I also like Roseanne's Research very much. From MT, I mainly like Mortar, Queen, Manectric, Ambipom and Gatr, but overall I don't think the rares are too special. Same goes for the uncommons. MT has Chingling, but SW has Stantler, so Chingling will soon disappear from the tournament world. However, MT has the much needed Night Maintenance.
Both sets have sucky commons, but the addition of the Dusk Stone in SW (the one that allows you to evolve in the same turn you play the Poke) is a pretty good one.
I got myself a booster box from MT when it came out (just because I never got a box before) but if I was to choose now, I'd pick SW for sure.

this is a this one is better thread.

*report*

c-m: Saying you'll report something IS mini-modding, and therefor against the rules, I suggest you read this thread.
Also, this isn't a "who do you like best" thread, but a thread where you can discuss the pros and contras of each set, this thread actually offers possible discussion.

Both sets are good, both with many good rares and trainers. However, SW has many great trainers, and with a few exceptions, has the sames ones as MT (including Night Maintenance, but it doesn't have the likes of Dusk Ball, TGW, Quick Ball, etc.) and some brilliant new ones (POV, TGM and Roseanne's Research are all great). SW also has a load of great commons and uncommons (Stantler, Raticate, Farfetch'd, Sableye, Donpahn being the main ones), but many of the rares aren't up to much (about 6 good ones). Same goes for the holos (in my opinion, about 5 good ones).
MT, on the other hand, has many good holos and rares (including the infamous Blissey) and rares, but the commons and uncommons let the set down a little. It does make up for it with brilliant Lv.X's and TSD.
If it was up to me, I'd get SW due to the overall better quality of cards. Both are good, but SW is just that little bit better.
Hope I've helped!

SW and MT on paper looks like MT>SW>DP. But really when you look at the cards Secret Wonders are better.

Trainers: MT
Commons: SW
Uncommons: SW
Rares: SW

Who really cares about 2 Lv.X?

The possibility of getting TSD makes MT a better choice, plus the LvX's it has are very playable.

But, if you want to go the safe way to get more playable cards, instead of getting more valuable cards, go for SW.

Ok, so it seems like that SW has the highest vote. I think I will get Secret Wonders & I hope it come out in my country ASAP. Thanks for the replies... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back