• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mr. Mime / Cacturne / Whimsicott

Okeanos

Aspiring Trainer
18 Pokemon
  • Mr. Mime x4
  • Cacnea x4
  • Cacturne x4
  • Cottonee x3
  • Whimsicott(Boundaries Crossed) x3
24 Trainers
  • Colress x4
  • Switch x4
  • Great Ball x4
  • Charen x4
  • Pokemon Communication x4
  • Escape Rope x4
  • Energy Retrieval x4
15 Energy
  • Basic Grass Energy x15
Total of 57 cards
Strategy
Use Whimsicott's first attack "Fluffy Tag" to switch with Cacturne as well as boost the damage of "Rapid-Fire Needles" from 60 to 100. Keeping Mr. Mime on the bench will prevent "Rapid-Fire Needles" from damaging my benched Pokemon. Then using trainers like Escape Rope or Switch to do the process again.

Problem
I need a way to protect my Cacturne(or other possible Active Pokemon) from being damaged after I use "Fluffy Tag". Are there any cards in BW onward that can aid me in completing my strategy and finally bring the deck to a decent challenge?

I was thinking about adding Vulpix so that I can use Ninetales' Ability "Bright Look" to switch their Active Pokemon with a weak benched(if any). What do you think about this?

Or maybe Mew EX to use Cacturne's Rapid-Fire Needles? This would give me a Pokemon that does the same attack but higher HP.

Possibly even Terrakion EX as a decent damage dealer?

I could add some Giant Capes to use with Cacturne so that he isn't so squishy.

I just really need help on figuring out what the best possible combination of these cards is. Or if none of them are good, how would YOU make a deck using the 3 title Pokemon? =)

Use Whimsicott's "Fluffy Tag" and then switch out with Virizon(from noble victories). Use it's "Leaf Wallop" attack.
Virizon is a basic with 110hp. If Mr. Mime is not out,your Cacturne engine wont mean anything. So,add 3x Virizon Kay :)

Gusto83 said:
Use Whimsicott's "Fluffy Tag" and then switch out with Virizon(from noble victories). Use it's "Leaf Wallop" attack.
Virizon is a basic with 110hp. If Mr. Mime is not out,your Cacturne engine wont mean anything. So,add 3x Virizon Kay :)

Awesome, thanks! :D Are there any ways I could protect myself from really strong EX's?

Hmm?... You should take out -2 Mr. Mime and replace it with +2 Sigilyph DREX and that should cover your EX-problem

Example: Use "Fluffy Tag" and put Sigilyph out and use it's "Psychic" attack. With it's 50+ 10 extra damage for every energy attached to the defending pokemon.Plus,the extra 40 damage from "Fluffy Tag", That's 90+(energy) damage.Meanwhile the other player is now having to catcher or switch out to another pokemon.

Edit: You can Float stone Sigilyph,bring back Whimsicott and repeat until the Pokemon-ex is gone or done playing as active.

Nice Strategy! I like the speed of the deck of getting a T2 Whimsicott and sweeping on T3. As for your pokemon choices, I found some more pokemon to use for boosters:
Mewtwo-EX-Well, this thing is a no-brainer especially with Laserbank+Fluffy Tag+X Ball= 110 damage for 2 energy!!!
Tornadus-EX-A DCE a Virbank = turn 1 70 damage

GL with the deck!!!

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm going to a collectible show in the City of Industry(California) tomorrow and they have a bunch of booths that sell all sorts of cards. Hopefully I can find all the cards I need there. :D
I really do appreciate all the help. =)

Back