Ruling Mothim's Silver Wind

Suraako

Elemental Master
Since the card doesn't explicitly state what ends the effect, would Silver Wind's +40 work even after it's KO'd? Just curious. Obviously if it survives you can retreat it and still get the +40 but does KOing it end the effect?

Compendium said:
== SILVER WIND (Masquerain - EX:Hidden Legends; Dustox EX - EX:Legend Maker)

Q. Which Pokémon is the Silver Wind effect attached to?
A. The effect is attached to the Defending Pokémon that was attacked by Masquerain's Silver Wind. If the Defending Pokémon retreats to the Bench, that effect is removed. (EX:Hidden Legends FAQ)

Q. If I use Silver Wind once, then I use it again on my next turn, it would do 60 damage (assuming there's no weakness or resistance, and that neither active Pokémon is switched out). On the third turn would it do +30 more damage (bringing it up to 90), and on the fourth 120 damage, and so on?
A. Sorry, but Silver Wind only adds 30 to the base damage done by the attack; it is not cumulative in the manner you suggest. (Jun 17, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Say that on one turn you use Masquerain's "Silver Wind" which does +30 on your next attack. However, you switch Masquerain for a Pokémon that attacks with "Swift"; after resolving Swift's effects, does the +30 from Silver Wind get tacked on to do the extra damage (providing the Defending Pokémon was not Benched during your opponent's turn of course)?
A. Silver Wind is an effect that is attached to the Defending Pokémon. So unfortunately for you the Swift attack would ignore that and not get the +30 bonus. (Jul 29, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I use Dustox-EX's "Silver Wind" this turn, and next turn I attack with Dark Tyranitar's "Spinning Tail", does that mean that Spinning Tail now does 50 damage to all my opponent's Pokémon?
A. No, the Silver Wind effect only applies to the Defending Pokémon, not to benched Pokémon. So the Defending Pokémon would take 50 damage, but the benched Pokémon would only take 20 damage. (Feb 9, 2006 PUI Rules Team)

That doesn't answer his question at all.

As the ruling says, Silver Wind is an effect on the Defending Pokemon. As long as the Defending Pokemon doesn't change (by retreating, evolving, or devolving), you will get the damage bonus no matter what your Active Pokemon is, so the answer to your question is yes.

Thank you both! ^_^ I almost totally forgot that the effect was on "the Defending Pokemon" that was active when I used Silver Wind. As long as that Pokemon doesn't change, my attacks do +40. Thanks!

*enlightened*

Back