• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mother Terra (Post - HS Triumphant), Masters BR's

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon (23)

3-2-3 Torterra (HS Unleashed)
2-2 Sunflora (HGSS)
2-1-2 Nidoqueen RR
3 Celebi Prime
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA

Trainers/Supporters (20)

4 Pokemon Collector
3 Bebe's Search
3 Interviewer's Questions
3 Rare Candy
3 Expert Belt
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Luxury Ball

Stadiums (3)

3 Broken Time-Space

Energies (14)

6 Grass
4 Psychic
4 Double Colorless Energy

Deck Total: 60

Okay I'll explain how the deck works and it's quite interesting, Torterra is the main beatstick in the deck utilizing Giga Drain with Expert Belt, DCE, and a Grass energy attached doing 60 damage while removing 6 damage counters in the process.

With Nidoqueen on my bench everytime I use Giga Drain with Torterra I get to remove 7 damage counters from it with Maternal Comfort while doing 60 damage and potentially utilize Land Crush for 100 with Expert Belt granted I get the accel going more and If I'm able to use Celebi Prime's Poke-Power to attach an extra Grass energy for turn while Active.

I figured with Nidoqueen being ran as a secondary attacker in this deck, Celebi Prime makes for a nice niche in this deck stalling against Stage 1's and 2's with it's Time Circle attack which costs 1 Grass, 1 Psychic, and 1 Colorless. Nice eh? With it as a Starting Lead the better, sure it's Machamp SF bait but it's attack makes it hold it's own as much as Umbreon (HS Undaunted) does with Moonlight Fang.

Sunflora helps me get Celebi Prime, Turtwig, Grotle, and Torterra with Sunshine Grace on the bench. This deck just keeps pulling out all the stops doesn't it? I am however concerned about this deck's matchups against Tyranitar Prime/Umbreon, and Healix (Steelix Prime/Blissey). So yeah, any comments, suggestions, are greatly appreciated. ;)

Well you cant really utilize Celebi as its not that great, sure u get the extra energy attach but it has to be active. the only way I can see it utilized is after something gets KOed but it still has a 1 retreat cost and it damage is to low for the 3 energy you waste.

I could see it working in a sceptile deck but not in torterra.

The point of Celebi Prime is to stall against Stage 1 and Stage 2 Pokemon since after using it's attack it won't take any damage from them. The Poke-Power is decent but really it's the attack itself that makes it amazing.

There hasn't been a good Sceptile since Diamond/Pearl: Great Encounters which rotated out not too long ago. Are you suggesting I should take Celebi Prime out for Spiritomb AR and Interviewer's with Hunter cause I was going to consider Vileplume instead even though I already have enough Stage 2 lines with Torterra and Nidoqueen.

Back