Fun Most Damage Possible

ToxicGirl

Aspiring Trainer
What about the new gourgeist?
1. Gourgeist (Crimson Invasion) has a dce attached and a tool attached
2. Sky Field is in play
3. 1. 1 Vileplume (Allergy Panic) 2. 4 Sigilyph (Toolbox) 3. 1 Flareon (Flare Effect) 4. 1 Lurantis (Sunny Day) 5. Magnezone (Dual Brains) are on the bench.
4. All of the benched pokemon are maxed out on tools. (20 tools)
5. Your opponent has taken 5 prize cards.
6. You have played 4 PlusPower and 2 Iris this turn.

Pumpkin Bomb: 840
Lurantis: 840+20=860
PlusPower and Iris: 880+140=1020
Allergy Panic: 1020x4=4080 damage!!!

Last edited:

Nyan

She/They
What about the new gourgeist?
1. Gourgeist (Crimson Invasion) has a dce attached and a tool attached
2. Sky Field is in play
3. 1. 1 Vileplume (Allergy Panic) 2. 4 Sigilyph (Toolbox) 3. 1 Flareon (Flare Effect) 4. 2 Lurantis (Sunny Day) are on the bench.
4. All of the benched pokemon are maxed out on tools. (20 tools)
5. Your opponent has taken 5 prize cards.
6. You have played 4 PlusPower and 1 Iris this turn.

Pumpkin Bomb: 840
Lurantis: 840+40=880
PlusPower and Iris: 880+90=970
Allergy Panic: 970x4=3 880 damage!!!

It would actually do more if you replaced a Lurantis with a Dual Brains Magnezone and played 2 copies of Iris

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
can we use cards that haven't come out yet? in such case...

opponent has 1 prize card, you have the omnipresent vileplume and dual brains, your enemy has a lightning weak basic EX in front(gyarados EX works) and a shining legends venusaur in the back, attached to them are 56 basic grass energies, you use 4 iris, choice band, and 4 plus powers, then use 4 puzzle of time and re-use 4 plus powers, then dousing machine for another plus power and proceed to use tapu koko's GX attack

50 x 56 grass energies:2800
venusaur doubles every grass energy, making this 5600 damage
+50*2 from iris
+90 from plus power
+30 from choice band

5820 damage

and now *4 because of the lightning weakness along with vileplume's ability

23 280 damage.

modified math after the prize comment: 22 880 damage, on that note, a gardevoir GX with a similar setup but both active pokemon being filled with grass would deal more damage.

Last edited:

TotoBoss

Kappa
I cant do the exact math right now, i will later. But just to post the idea, conkeldurr which gets +10 hp for each energy attached. Then combine it with mega tyranitar / mew-ex to hit for weakness. Then vileplume for x4 weakness. And then all the damage boosting. I THINK thatll do a lot of damage. Ill do the math when im at home but i wanted to put the idea out there. (If you want to do the math yourself, please feel free to n.n)

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
i hope people talking about iris damage are factoring in that for your opponent to take 5 prizes they need to be able to take 5 or 3 knock outs on the opposite side also prizes need to be factored in for heavy energy decks you cant just have all energy in the deck you need to minus 1 energy from the calculations

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
i hope people talking about iris damage are factoring in that for your opponent to take 5 prizes they need to be able to take 5 or 3 knock outs on the opposite side also prizes need to be factored in for heavy energy decks you cant just have all energy in the deck you need to minus 1 energy from the calculations

that's a fairly good observation, guess most people here myself included have been playing with 61-66 card decks!

TotoBoss

Kappa
Alright so I'm doing the math right here right now. If It's not the most damage possible well rip. I'm also basing this off PTCGO unlimited, mostly because I'm not going through all cards from base-bus to see whatever gets the damage going, that said here it goes. (and I will go into detail but the end damage will just be at the bottom) IF I MAKE ANY MISTAKES LET ME KNOW. I will go of perfect rng with everything set up 100% correctly.

Conkeldurr has a base hp of 140 and +20 for EACH fighting energy attached. this can give it a total of 1270hp (56 energy + base 140). The reason for 56 is because you will take 5 prizes to get the maximum amount of energy on the board + Iris.
Tyranitars attack does 110 + 60 more for each damage counter on the pokemon. Now the first thing that's important, is getting 126 damage counters on conkeldurr. So the way I thought of it, Hypno toxic laser + seviper. (I don't use frozen city for another reason later). Using hypno toxic laser + 1 seviper will cnacel any hp conkeldurr gains from it's ability. which is perfect. however we still have to deal another 130 additional damage, to cancel out it's starting hp of 140. this could be fixed by placing a 2nd seviper 13 turns before we actually attack, so it'll deal enough to have the maximum amount of damage counters. BUT we can boost it even further.
Mew-ex hits for weakness DOUBLING the amount of damage dealt. and to go on that, vileplume wit "allergy panic" to deal 4 times damage.
Now another thing is, we still need conkeldurr to get exactly 5 prizes. the easiest/most card efficient way to do this is 2 ex's / 1 basic. in this case I'll be using 2 jolteon-ex and an alolan geodude. which all get oneshot by conkeldurr without a problem. so.. 5 prizes taken. and I'm only at 16 cards in the deck. Now let's add iris/plusspower. giving another 90 damage boost (or 360 x4). but on to magnezone (dual brains). which means you can use 2 iris, so + another 50 (200). 4 puzzle of time + 4 junk arm + dowsing machine to get to another 9 pluspower or (360) damage. now to use junk arm/dowsing machine we obviously have to discard 2 cards, BUT this could be solved by 2 exeggcute. Another simple way of dealing damage is the simple 1 muscle band. +80 with x4 weakness. Now there's 1 more way of boosting damage that I could think off empoleon from Breakthrough. But we have to take a look at our bench space here. 1 M tyranitar, 1 mew -ex, 1 vileplume, 1 magnezone + 2seviper.. no more room for Empoleon :c HOWEVER, SKY FIELD. With this we can bench 3 empoleon boosting by another 60 (or 240). but now... That's really ALL I could find on damage boosting, we cant use strong energy cause nothing is fighting type so really all we have to do now is add pure consistency. Also we have to consider that 6 of our cards will be prized, but we will just go by that none of these important cards are. the thing is, I can't add any cards to go through my deck any fast. simply because that would mean my opponent gets less turns therefor, less energy therefor less damage. so really all we can do is up the numbers of what we already got.
This is the deck

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 28

* 1 Tyranitar-EX AOR 91
* 1 M Tyranitar-EX AOR 92
* 2 Exeggcute PLB 102
* 2 Oddish AOR 1
* 1 Gloom BUS 5
* 2 Vileplume BCR 3
* 1 Alolan Geodude GRI 40
* 2 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
* 2 Magnemite BKT 51
* 1 Magneton BKT 53
* 2 Magnezone PLS 46
* 1 Mew-EX DRX 120
* 2 Seviper BUS 50
* 3 Piplup BKT 36
* 2 Prinplup BKT 37
* 3 Empoleon BKT 38

##Trainer Cards - 26

* 2 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
* 4 PlusPower UL 80
* 2 Iris PLB 81
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 4 Junk Arm TM 87
* 1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128
* 2 Muscle Band XY 121
* 1 Sky Field ROS 89
* 2 Tyranitar Spirit Link AOR 81
* 4 Rare Candy PLB 85

##Energy - 6

* 3 Darkness Energy HS 121
* 3 Double Colorless Energy GRI 166

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

(IF I MISSED ANYTHING LET ME KNOW) Now the fun part, the damage. First of all let's see how many boosts we actually got without any weakness. We got base 110 + (126x60) = 7560 + 2 iris (100) + 13 pluspowers (130) + 3 empoleon (60) + muscle band (20) = a total of: 7980 damage. now because you would attack with mew and allergy panic is up. This would become a total of a whopping: 31,920 damage.

EDIT:
I realized you can't attach 56 energy. You start with an opening hand of 7 (given that 3 of those are pokemon) and you can really only attach the top decks. so it's already -4 and -5 because prize cards you take also shouldn't be attachable. so really you can only attach 47 energy which means a total of 1-7 damage counters. given this fact we can calculate that the total amount of damage should be: 27,360 damage.
Still a lot but not as much

Last edited:

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
m tyranatar vs conceldurr (the one which increases hp) with 57 energy on the conkeldurr can also hit for a good amount of damage (plus pluspowers and stuff)

TotoBoss

Kappa
m tyranatar vs conceldurr (the one which increases hp) with 57 energy on the conkeldurr can also hit for a good amount of damage (plus pluspowers and stuff)
maybe you should read all the previous posts... this is literally what I did in detail.

Elray

Expanded Player
Move over Darmanitan, there's a new contender in town!
Alolan Exeggutor from SM4+ has an attack where you flip a coin for each grass energy attached (80x).
80 x 54 = 4320
x4 for the double weakness = 17,280
Venusaur's ability included = 34,560

TotoBoss

Kappa
Move over Darmanitan, there's a new contender in town!
Alolan Exeggutor from SM4+ has an attack where you flip a coin for each grass energy attached (80x).
80 x 54 = 4320
x4 for the double weakness = 17,280
Venusaur's ability included = 34,560
if you were to play 1-1 exeggutor + 1-1-1 venusaur + 1-1-1 vileplume. given that you can get 5 prizes. meaning you can only attach 51 energy.
which is 4,080 x 2 x 4 for venusaur/vileplume and you have yourself 32,640 if you hit heads on everything

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
if you were to play 1-1 exeggutor + 1-1-1 venusaur + 1-1-1 vileplume. given that you can get 5 prizes. meaning you can only attach 51 energy.
which is 4,080 x 2 x 4 for venusaur/vileplume and you have yourself 32,640 if you hit heads on everything
Your opponent would have the plume down so you can have 3 more energy

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Also for people talking about conkeldur vs tyranitar you need to minus possible damage by the fact that if all energy is attached to conkeldur they will deck out b4 you get a chance to attack. Also for getting all but 1 damage on him just use raticate break

TotoBoss

Kappa
Actually, a friend of mine found this video. 69000 damage and its not even the maximum amount because sadly enough, they misclicked when dping the attack. But The set up / thought behind this is simply amazing so props to them for that.

Nyora

A Cat
Sadly, for this, we are using the expanded format, which the above video does not fall into D:

TotoBoss

Kappa
The whole question tho, is "most damage possible" idk why we should limit ourselves to expanded then :/

Elray

Expanded Player
The whole question tho, is "most damage possible" idk why we should limit ourselves to expanded then :/
That's something I've wondered as well, but here are two arguments for the limit:

1. Pre-BW cards aren't played at official tournaments.
2. Card rulings between old and new cards can be very ambiguous.

Anything pre-BW belongs in the honorable mentions.