Fun Most Damage Possible

Something else I thought of, the new Trevenant can do some crazy damage. Poltergeist does 30 damage times the number of trainer cards in your opponent's hand.
Requirements for max damage:
  • Trevenant (GUR) uses Poltergeist with a Choice Band attached
  • Opponent has 58 trainer cards in hand
  • Opponent's active is an EX/GX that is weak to grass (again, Manaphy-EX will be our crash test dummy)
  • Whimsicott used Fluffy Tag on the previous turn.
  • Four benched Lurantis promos.
  • Vileplume is benched (this means we need Sky Field to fit our Pokemon on our bench).
Let's do the math:
  • Trevenant hits for 1,740 with Poltergeist.
  • Whimisicott's Fluffy Tag adds 40 damage. 1,740+40=1,780
  • PlusPower is played 7 times (4 individual cards + getting some back with Puzzle of Time and Dowsing Machine). 1780+70=1,850
  • Choice band adds 30 more damage. 1850+30=1,880
  • Four benched Lurantis promos. 1,880+80=1,960
  • Professor Kukui is played before attacking. 1,960+20=1,980
  • Vileplume's Allergy Panic is applied. 1,980*4=7,920
Total damage: 7920

How about using Baby Lurantis to boost the damage? Would that work? Or is that illegal?
That's fine, since those are abilities.

How about using Baby Lurantis to boost the damage? Would that work? Or is that illegal?
As Elray said, this would be fine, however the slots you'd need to run a Baby Lurantis will result in two (or four, due to Venusaur's Ability!) less Energy, thus there is a 200 less base damage output. Lurantis would only add 20.

Not bad on the Trevenant there, however we can increase that figure further using two Iris (assuming you have a Magnezone PLS in play).

• Two Iris are played before attacking. 1,960+100=2060
  • Vileplume's Allergy Panic is applied. 2060*4=8240

The Field: Opponent has Mega Gengar EX active with Giant Cape, Plasma Umbreon on bench with heavy boots, 4 Mega Tyranitar ex each with Plasma Badge and Heavy Boots, 3 Wailord EX with fighting fury belt on them. You have GUR Honchkrow active, 2 DEX Aerodactyl in play. 1 Boundaires Vileplume, used Whimsicott's attack, 1 Plasma Magnezone. You have played 4 plus power, 4 puzzle of time for 4 plus power, and dowsing machine for 1 plus power. You have also played 2 Iris. Assuming each of your opponent's Pokémon has 10 HP left somehow, you can dish out a cool 10880 damage!

------- Next thingy with Golem

Setup: opponent has an electric weak Pokémon, you have Golem-A with 53 Energy on it. Your a god and flip 53 heads, dealing 4240 damage. However, Vileplume exists, and now you do 16960 damage!

Or you can have Golem-A with 56 Energy on it and Vileplume on your opponent's bench and hitting electric weak for 17920 damage!

Last edited:
The Field: You have a Choice Banded Vespiquen in the active spot with fifty seven Pokemon in your discard pile. Your opponent was a Vileplume one their Bench and an Active Grass weak Pokemon, allowing you to do 2480 damage to an EX/GX. (The Pokemon got there through Delinquents and milling cards from your opponent.)

Completely unrealistic but I had to think of a way Vespi could do insane damage :p

The Field: You have a Choice Banded Vespiquen in the active spot with fifty seven Pokemon in your discard pile. Your opponent was a Vileplume one their Bench and an Active Grass weak Pokemon, allowing you to do 2480 damage to an EX/GX. (The Pokemon got there through Delinquents and milling cards from your opponent.)

Completely unrealistic but I had to think of a way Vespi could do insane damage :p

In order for this to work, you would need to account for cards that you need outside of the discard pile:
1 prize card
1 Vespiquen
1 Combee
2 DCE
1 Iris
1 Choice Band
1 Whimsicott
1 Cottonee

60 - 8 = 52 Pokemon in your discard pile

Requirements:
  • Opponent has a Vileplume on the bench and a grass-weak EX/GX as their active Pokemon.
  • Your opponent has taken 5 prize cards
  • Vespiquen has a DCE and a Choice Band attached
  • Whimsicott used Fluffy Tag the previous turn
  • You have 52 Pokemon in your discard pile
Let's do the math:
  • 52 Pokemon in the discard, plus 20 base damage. 52 x 10 = 520 + 20 = 540
  • Fluffy Tag from previous turn. 540 + 40 = 580
  • Choice Band damage. 580 + 30 = 610
  • Bonus damage from Iris. 610 + 50 = 660
  • Allergy Panic weakness. 660 x 4 = 2640
Total Damage: 2640! (that's one heck of a bee sting!)

The math for several of these isn't 100% spot on because of the prize card thing (as someone previously mentioned)--the Mewtwo EX combo actually caps at 16,200 after you do some crazy stuff with perfectly timed N's and a Sableye from SV to take 5 prizes apiece.

See post here: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thr...a-pokemon-can-deal.122140/page-2#post-2695331

Edit: If expanded format only, not sure. If Lysandre's Trump Card is allowed, 1 VS seeker + Trump Card is an infinite loop to avoid decking out while each player takes 5 prizes.

Has anyone brought up M Tyranitar EX?
Stadium Skyfield
Do this against a Conkeldurr NVI with 57 Fighting Energy attached to it (as far as I know, this is the highest HP possible)
so 140+(20x57)=1280
You put 127 damage counters on this, powering up Destroyer King
127x60+110=7730
7730+20(kukui)+20(Muscle Band)+40(fluffy tag)+40(4 deoxys EX + plasma badge(scoop up whimsi and play down an extra deoxys))+40(4 Aerodactyls)+50 (5(1 dowsing machine) Pluspower)=7940

If this can be increased further let me know!

Last edited:
Your Malamar-EX assessment is incomplete.

Arceus (Promo XY116, XY197) has the attack Type Switch. By using that attack, then following it up with a Ninja Boy, the target Basic Pokémon will retain all effects of attacks on it, including the effects of Type Switch. By using Gardevoir (NXD 57) in a similar manner as mentioned for Mewtwo-EX, the following game state can be achieved:

1 Gardevoir
1 Kirlia or Rare Candy
1 Ralts
1 Arceus (Type Switch)
1 Malamar-EX
1 Ninja Boy
1 Prize Card
1 Darkness Energy (or other Darkness-providing Energy: Prism, Rainbow, etc.)

With a Psychic-type Arceus (as a result of Type Switch) being the target of Ninja Boy, a card other than Arceus must have been drawn at the beginning of the turn, with Arceus in the deck still. (This can be a Psychic Energy card.) With one Prize card, 52 basic Psychic Energy cards can be attached to Malamar-EX; a maximum of 104 heads can thus be achieved, and by using the opponent-Vileplume set-up against a Psychic-weak Pokémon, this would cap at 25,020 damage. ( [52 Basic Energy * 2 (Gardevoir) + 1 Energy] * 60 per heads * 4x Weakness).

In theory, of course, you could simply have Mew-EX copy Malamar-EX's attack from your opponent's side of the field, and save you from having to use Arceus, Malamar-EX, or Ninja Boy in your own deck. This would increase the number of Psychic Energy available by 2 (-3 cards, + 1 Mew-EX), bringing your damage on 109 heads to 25,980.

Last edited:
Delphox (FC) :
Attacker's side: Delphox (FC), Gardevoir (ND), 1DCE + 1 (P) on Delphox, 51 (P) on Gardevoir
Defender's side: Vileplume (BC) active, Gardevoir (ND) with 53 (P)
Total: 16,880

Edited after MegaVelocibot correctly pointed out I hadn't left any prize cards :D

Last edited:
The Field:
You: Mega Mewtwo EX BKT with 54 Psychic energy in your active with gardevoir NXD on your bench. 1 prize card remaining
Opponent: Mewtwo EX BKT(or anything else) with 55 Psychic Energy Attached to it with gardevoir NXD on their bench. 1 prize card remaining.
Your Psychic Infinity attack would do 6,550 damage.

Who said Mega Tyranitar can't do the most damage? Well, it's Tyranitar... Kinda

The Field: You have a Muscle Banded Mew-EX against a Conkeldurr from Noble Victories. Training Center is in play. Six PlusPowers and two Iris (Dual Brains Magnezone, Dowsing Machine, Puzzle of time, Vs Seeker. It may be possible to put more than 6 PlusPowers, but I believe that number is reasonable) while your opponent has taken 5 Prizes. The active Conkeldurr has 55 Fighting Energy attached to it, increasing it’s HP, including the bonus from Training Center, to 1270. Vileplume and Raticate, both from Boundaries Crossed, are on your bench. You use Mew-EX’s ability to copy Raticate’s Super Fang attack, putting 126 damage counters on Conkeldurr. The opponent passes their next turn, with 0 cards left in their deck and 1 prize remaining. You use Mew-EX to copy a benched Mega Tyranitar-EX’s Destroyer King attack, with x4 weakness, dealing the craziest amount of damage you will ever see: 31,240

I may have gotten this completely wrong. I apoligize in that case :c. Feel free to tell me if I have done my calculations wrong, knowing me, this probably only does like... 2 damage :p

Edit: I suck at math, and reading.

Last edited:
Here's an insane one:

The Field: You have Honchkrow (GRI) active with a DCE and Choice Band attached. Ya bois Vileplume and Dual Brains Magnezone are benched. Your opponent has a Lunala GX active with Sky Field in play and 3 Lunala GX benched. Each Lunala has 240 damage. Your opponent also has 4 Fury Belted Wailord EXs on the Bench, each with 280 damage on them. They ALSO have a Primal Grouodon with Heavy Boots benched and 250 damage on it. You play 2 Irieses (Dual Brains) and use four PlusPower, then use four Junk Arms and a Dowsing Machine for a total of nine PlusPowers. 280x4 (Wailords)=1120, 240x4 (Lunalas)=960, 250 (Groudon)+230 (Both Irises, nine PlusPowers, Choice Band, and Honchkrow's base 10 damage)=480. 1120+960+480=2560 damage. Times four from Vileplume is 10240 damage to your opponent's Active Lunala GX.

Here's an insane one:

The Field: You have Honchkrow (GRI) active with a DCE and Choice Band attached. Ya bois Vileplume and Dual Brains Magnezone are benched. Your opponent has a Lunala GX active with Sky Field in play and 3 Lunala GX benched. Each Lunala has 240 damage. Your opponent also has 4 Fury Belted Wailord EXs on the Bench, each with 280 damage on them. They ALSO have a Primal Grouodon with Heavy Boots benched and 250 damage on it. You play 2 Irieses (Dual Brains) and use four PlusPower, then use four Junk Arms and a Dowsing Machine for a total of nine PlusPowers. 280x4 (Wailords)=1120, 240x4 (Lunalas)=960, 250 (Groudon)+230 (Both Irises, nine PlusPowers, Choice Band, and Honchkrow's base 10 damage)=480. 1120+960+480=2560 damage. Times four from Vileplume is 10240 damage to your opponent's Active Lunala GX.

You can't use junk arm, it's Expanded-on. I wish arms were legal, that would give me even more opportunity!

I was curious about what could do a huge amount of damage for low energy costs, and I found out about the new Alolan Raticate from Burning Shadows. With its Reinforced Fang attack it does 60 damage for no energy as long as a tool card is attached.
Here's the setup:

• You have Alolan Raticate as the active with a Choice Band attached.
  • Sky Field is in play.
  • Four promo Lurantis are benched.
  • Magnezone (PLS) is benched.
  • Flareon (AOR) is benched.
  • You used Whimsicott's Fluffy Tag the previous turn.
  • Your opponent has Vileplume (BCR) benched.
  • Your opponent has an EX or GX Pokemon with a weakness to Dark (Chandelure-EX is our example) as their active.
  • Your opponent has taken 5 prize cards.
  • On the turn before you attack, you play four PlusPower and two Iris.
The math:

Reinforced Fang w/ tool: 60 damage
Choice band: 60 + 30 = 90
Lurantis' Sunny Day: 90 + 80 = 170
PlusPower: 170+40=210
Fluffy Tag: 210 + 40 = 250
Two Iris: 250+ 100 = 350
Weakness with Vileplume: 350 x 4 = 1400 damage

1,400 damage for ZERO energy is quite good.

Back