Discussion Most “Weird” Moment you Experienced in VG

NotSeen

Aspiring Trainer
Idk, if there's thread with similar discussion, but I just experienced one of those moments described in the title.
I was hunting a shiny Fomantis in Lush Jungle, using the standard False Swiping method (with Scizor), when I have two males Lv. 18 and both of them used Growth. The message usually reads, that both Attack and Special Attack grew, but, the hell, by both Fomantis, the text was different, and such both Attacks and Special Attacks FELL. I was like: “What's going on? Attack and special attack should grow, right?” I changed to my Smeargle with Transform and Transformed into one of those Fomantis, didn't knowing Fomantis's Hidden Ability, and to my surprise, it had Contrary! Changed back to Scizor, then back to Smeargle and transformed into the other one. And it has Contrary, too! Unfortunately neither of them was shiny, but I just had to catch that one, so I killed one of those and catchede the other, but… OK, what's the chance to get TWO Hidden Abilities in a row? I had to be very lucky, right? OK, similar chance is to get two shinies in a row… and getting two shiny hidden abilities must be almost impossible, but still… two Contrary Fomantis in a row, I just had to share that moment. Well, good luck to y'all. ;-)

Well I was playing X and had a Psyduck horde encounter. I saw the shiny sprite so I caught it. I am looking at it in the PC box and see SWIFT SWIM. I had only ever seen Damp or Cloud Nine so I was like, "Rarest Psyduck ever!" Also, first encounter after I was at my friends house to bank that up, Shiny Granbull. Wut?

I was playing Ruby and I ran into a shiny Nincada, and was like W**. Then in the same game, I got a shiny Sharpedo not long after.

I was doing Battle Royals when SM came out last year and got matched against three people in the level 15-20s for their Pokémon, versus my fully-trained Tapu Lele. She floored about six different Pokémon (would've been more, but they were ganging up on me at that point) and won.

Back