Ruling More Rare candy questions -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

slow

Aspiring Trainer
1.- Meteor Falls.- Can a Rare Candy'd Stage 2 use attacks from its Stage 1 card, even if it's not there? What if the opponent doesn't know the attacks from the Stage 1 card, must he/she trust us?

2.- Hypno DS.- Well... its Poke body... I mean, Rare Candy has Trainer effect, but Hypno's body says "can't play cards to evolve the Def Pokémon  from his/her hand", so.. they can't, right?

For your first ques, you CAN"T use attacks from stage one, the card must in play in order for you to use its attack.

Seeing as it has to be from your hand, things like Wally's training will work. Anything that can evolve that doesnt come from your hand will work.

I hope these rulings below will help in any way.

Compendium said:
Q. Can I use Rare Candy on my Pokémon to go to their evolutions if either Kabutops or Omastar from Skyridge is in play (with the powers/bodies that stop evolution)?
A. You could not use a Pokémon's attack or play a Trainer card to evolve your Benched or Active Pokémon, unless the Evolution card you would be putting into play comes from somewhere other than your hand. So Rare Candy cannot be used, but Wally's Training can (when referring to the Active Pokémon). (Aug 5, 2004 PUI Rules Team; Aug 12, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Does Rare Candy override evolution-preventing effects such as Fossil Aerodactyl's "Prehistoric Power"?
A. Yes, you can use Rare Candy when Aerodactyl's Prehistoric Power is in play. (Sep 18, 2003 PUI Rules Team; Jul 22, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

answers
1- nope, theres no attacks to copy, since they are not there
2- unless the evo card is not coming from the hand, then it is blocked

RE:  More Rare candy questions -_-

DukeFireBird said:
answers
1- nope, theres no attacks to copy, since they are not there
2- unless the evo card is not coming from the hand, then it is blocked

wrong!
in the second case, rare candy goes over hypno's poké-body

Well, for Meteor Falls, the STAGE 2 can use any cards from its PRE EVO cards UNDERNEATH it. So if your Ludicolo is evolved from Lombre DX, u use only DX's attacks, if SS, then use only SS's attacks.

Actually, for your 2nd question, there is no official answer yet, the compendium is awaiting official word from PCL (Pokemon Card Labratories) the official judges from Japan.... so until we get an answer, we wont know yet

Dulce raro

Well, thanks. That cleared out something.

Although on the Hypno quetion, I had already thought about the PLAY part.. it's like... simply not putting the evolution in the zone of play, right? Like if, an attack named "Block" said.. the Defending Pokemon can't be replaced, instead of "cannot retreat", so the trainer couldn't use Switch or Reversal...

... Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back