More “Brilliant Stars” English Cards Revealed, Including Character Super Rares!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon.com has posted a couple more Brilliant Stars English cards ahead of its February 25th release date!
Update (9:00 AM): Several more cards have been revealed via IGN and The Gamer!
This is the first time we’re seeing official reveals of cards from the “Trainer Gallery” subset. They are numbered #TG01 through #TG30. As posted months ago, the subset will contain about half of the Character Rares and Character Super Rares from Japan’s VMAX Climax.
You can see the Japanese Character Rares here. We’ll get the rest of them in subsequent sets this year...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
So this is interesting. I wonder, how hard, comparative to a VMAX Climax box, will a CSR be to pull? CHR's no less- Where on average you get 3 CHRs and 1 CSR in a VMAX Climax box, in a typical box of Brilliant Stars, because of godawful English rates, how will that translate over? I've been looking at Cosmic Eclipse for reference, but I'm really not sure how specifically CSRs will carry over yet.

It'd certainly be nice if it were generous enough, but I'm not confident with how stubborn they are about keeping old, antiquated pull rates in English sets.

So this is interesting. I wonder, how hard, comparative to a VMAX Climax box, will a CSR be to pull? CHR's no less- Where on average you get 3 CHRs and 1 CSR in a VMAX Climax box, in a typical box of Brilliant Stars, because of godawful English rates, how will that translate over? I've been looking at Cosmic Eclipse for reference, but I'm really not sure how specifically CSRs will carry over yet.

It'd certainly be nice if it were generous enough, but I'm not confident with how stubborn they are about keeping old, antiquated pull rates in English sets.
Also, will this fill the 9th slot, or the Rare slot? Making both CSRs and normal set rares even harder to come by.

Also, will this fill the 9th slot, or the Rare slot? Making both CSRs and normal set rares even harder to come by.

I'm going to (foolishly?) assume it will be like the CSRs in Cosmic Eclipse (or, more recently, the amazing rares in Vivid Voltage) and the CSRs in Brilliant Stars will be in the reverse holo slot.

I have to be honest I prefer the white Japanese border much more than the yellow one. The yellow one makes it feel like it’s completely boxed in, versus the white one which has a much more relaxed feel to it due to white not being such a strong color (shade?). It is what it is, I suppose.

I'm surprised that they've made Cafe Master a Trainer Gallery card instead of a regular Ultra-Rare.

Why does mimikyu-v have the same art from battle styles? Shouldn't it be the one with acerola?

Wonder how common the cards will be? Maybe they are all the same rarity otherwise it's a ridiculous ratio with the 13th card already being a CSR and then having FAs and Gold cards on top of that.

the yellow border on the english just takes away so much from the artwork, it is too stark and nowhere near as nice as the silver/grey in japanese.

Back