Monster Galaxy - Facebook Style Pokemon RPG

What do you think of Monster Galaxy?

• It's great! Finally, a Pokemon-like game for Facebook!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eh, it's alright. It'll pass the time, I suppose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This game is garbage. A poor ripoff of Pokemon

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boddy

Was once Boddy903
Hello all! It's me, Boddy903, and I stumbled across an interesting Facebook game the other day.

My nephew who is very young (He's 8), has a Facebook. While I know, it's a little young, this isn't a thread about how young you should be to have a Facebook yada, yada, yada, etc. He has a Facebook just to play the games. The other day, he pointed out this game called "Monster Galaxy." He described it as a Pokemon game, so I was like, "Oh, this sounds pretty interesting."

So, I logged on, and started my Monster Galaxy game, to find out it is basically a borderline copy of Pokemon, but with its own added twists. I began to thoroughly enjoy it, and now, I have 18 Mogas. This thread is for those who play the game, and just want to discuss what they've accomplished. For those who don't know what it is, I'll provide a brief summary.

The game is a Facebook App Game. You are a Moga Tamer, living in a foreign and magical land. You are charged with the task of going out and "taming" (catching) various Mogas throughout the land. Right now, there are 120 Mogas, and they're coming up with a new Map. You travel from place to place, using Starseeds (Poke Balls) to capture the Mogas.

Now, here's the fun part. Instead of using the elements as types as in Pokemon, Monster Galaxy utilizes Zodiac Signs. Each Moga is appointed a Zodiac sign, of which there are 12. In the start of the game, you get to choose 1 Moga, from any 3 Mogas chosen from a certain Zodiac. So, basically, you get to choose from 36 Mogas as your Starter Moga. From then on out, you have to perform quests to get Starseeds, and so forth.

The game is really fun, and eccentric. Discuss away!

I have tried playing it, and I didn't like it, because I felt it was a Pokemon rip off. It seemed to me that the graphics were a bit too fancy. I'm used to the simpler aspect of the game. Plus I was confused, and the game doesn't do the best job with explaining what you're supposed to do.

All in all, I thought Monster Galaxy was just trying too hard, and it fell a bit short, at least in my personal opinion.

I actually enjoyed this game myself quite a bit, but alas this thread was bumped from a while ago, so it's got to be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back