• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mono-Rayquaza

Michael Schachter

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon
  • Rayquaza EX x4
Trainers

Energy
  • Prism Energy x4
  • Fire Energy x20
  • Lightning Energy x32
Strategy
Alright...jumbled mess of crap, right? I mean..how can a deck that ONLY has 4 kinds of cards and 50 energies be good? Well..because things like status conditions, and Sigilyph(And Klinklang) exist, I know it can't...but I'm curious if there's a way to make this a plausible decklist? I mean... attatch an energy and Celestial Roar into 120/180 for your next attack...that's basically the entire strategy, lol... either almost kill anything or kill anything every two turns..kinda like using Hyper Beam over and over..(If Hyper Beam was even a good option) but yea, just something that's been bugging me about how this can actually work.

There's really no need for the Prism Energy, I would just go 28 Fire and 28 Lightning.

Well...I included it because it'd stay regardless of which type I chose for my attack(Seeing as Rayquaza's attack specifies basic) and it's still a target for Celestial Roar, which doesn't specify basic. Also...I wouldn't wanna run Lightning and fire evenly because if it leans more towards one it would increase the odds of a 180 when I attack right after.

I mainly want a way to get around walls that doesn't require distracting them and tossing their Sigilyph/Klinklang across the room. Mostly because my friend who plays the Klingklang deck is bigger than me.

As you said though even if you did 120 and needed two turns to knock something out..thats not too bad. I just feel like the equal amount of energy will help with consistancy. I did not know that Celstial Roar didn't specify basic energy, so actually prism energy is a pretty good idea.

For getting around Sigilyph/Klinklang, there really is no way except by using a different deck. (Sorry I couldn't be much help with that)

I tried it and it works ok, though its lacks speed at some point.
Plus, if you dont get your set up right from the start, there's a big chance you will be down for the count pretty fast.

This is my version of your idea, which i like because i played eelektrik rayquaza before and want to stick with rayquaza.
Keeping in mind that the next format will be NXD and on, i cant use eelektrik anymore :(

I will try to make this deck work and keep you posted if i find out something interesting.
For now, i put in the Kyurems and catcher in case i encounter sigilyph or klingklang.
Ultra Ball is there because the bench is often empty due to the lack of pokemon in this deck.
Super Rod is useful if you accidentilly throw away pokemon with celestial roar.

4 - Rayquaza EX
1 - White Kyurem (BCR)
1 - Black Kyurem (BCR)

2 - Pokémon Catcher
4 - Ether
2 - Ultra Ball
1 - Super Rod
1 - Rock Guard

4 - Skyla

17 - Red Energy (fire)
21 - Lightning Energy

2 - Blend Energy (WLFM)

Let me know what you guys think... Im always open to try anything new.

Munninn said:
I tried it and it works ok, though its lacks speed at some point.
Plus, if you dont get your set up right from the start, there's a big chance you will be down for the count pretty fast.

This is my version of your idea, which i like because i played eelektrik rayquaza before and want to stick with rayquaza.
Keeping in mind that the next format will be NXD and on, i cant use eelektrik anymore :(

I will try to make this deck work and keep you posted if i find out something interesting.
For now, i put in the Kyurems and catcher in case i encounter sigilyph or klingklang.
Ultra Ball is there because the bench is often empty due to the lack of pokemon in this deck.
Super Rod is useful if you accidentilly throw away pokemon with celestial roar.

4 - Rayquaza EX
1 - White Kyurem (BCR)
1 - Black Kyurem (BCR)

2 - Pokémon Catcher
4 - Ether
2 - Ultra Ball
1 - Super Rod
1 - Rock Guard

4 - Skyla

17 - Red Energy (fire)
21 - Lightning Energy

2 - Blend Energy (WLFM)

Let me know what you guys think... Im always open to try anything new.

NO! To many Trainers can clog Raqueza from pulling energy.Thats probably why it "lacks speed at some point".
My opinion;Only run 1x Skyla,1x Ultra ball, 1x Life Due and 1x Sky bridge. As for pokemon, I would take out the Kyurem-ex and replace it with: 1x Victini-ex for the energy search and however many Heatmors from Plasma Storm.
And as for energy It should only be Basic.So,more fire and some what half of the same number in fire,but in electric. (something like 28 fire and 17 electric)

I will look into it, Gusto83
Though i did not have the feeling that i pulled too many trainers with celestial roar.
Also, the Kyurems are in there in case you encounter sigilyph or klinklang.
If i would do as you suggested, there is no winning possible, because all damage from EX-pokemon will be blocked.
Maybe another non EX basic that does a decent amount of damage, without much energy is something to try.
A suggestion for such pokemon is deeply appreciated.

After a few games i did indeed notice that i dont need as many Skyla, Catchers and Ethers. So, i brought those down to 2 Skyla - 1 Catcher.
The skyla - ultra ball combination saved me a few times already, for now i leave 1 of them in to test some more.
I put in Life Dew, since the effect is probably better than that of Rock Guard.
I left out ether because of Victini's Turbo Energizer.

I am now going to try it like this, see if it works.

4 - Rayquaza EX
1 - Victini EX
2 - Bouffalant (Bouffer / Goldbreaker)

1 - Pokémon Catcher
1 - Ultra Ball
1 - Super Rod
1 - Life Dew

2 - Skyla

30 - Red Energy (fire)
17 - Lightning Energy

looks better :) I like how you add Bouffalant. try Heatmor and see how it works out! :) It has low HP but it has a high kick that does 50x damage and only need 3 energy like Bouffalant.

Sorry, i thought you said Heatran.. so i take back my earlier comment about not being able to go up against klinklang and sigilyph.
With Heatmor of course its a totally different story.
I will change bouffalants for heatmor... thanks

Now, im gonna play some games against my girlfriend.
I will check back soon.

After a few games i decided that less is indeed more in this deck.
Took out Pokémon catcher, Ultra Ball and Skyla.

I put in Emolga, since i had trouble getting Pokemon.
Instead of throwing away two cards for the Ultra Ball and having Skyla to search the ball.
Now, i get 2 basics on the bench. Which may cost me a prize, i am aware of that since emolga has low HP.
However, this deck can deal with that loss if it gets going.

I decided to go for the following;

4 Rayquaza EX
2 Heatmor
1 Victini EX
2 Emolga

1 Super Rod
1 Life dew
1 Sky Arrow Bridge

31 Red Energy (Fire)
17 Lightning Energy

Munninn said:
After a few games i decided that less is indeed more in this deck.
Took out Pokémon catcher, Ultra Ball and Skyla.

I put in Emolga, since i had trouble getting Pokemon.
Instead of throwing away two cards for the Ultra Ball and having Skyla to search the ball.
Now, i get 2 basics on the bench. Which may cost me a prize, i am aware of that since emolga has low HP.
However, this deck can deal with that loss if it gets going.

I decided to go for the following;

4 Rayquaza EX
2 Heatmor
1 Victini EX
2 Emolga

1 Super Rod
1 Life dew
1 Sky Arrow Bridge

31 Red Energy (Fire)
17 Lightning Energy

I like it! Still,Iwould take out the two emolgas for 1x Ultra ball and a Skyla. That way Skyla can "search" and Ultra ball can "pull"
Get my drift? lol
I did play this deck and I only dislike going up against Kyurem/deoxys.
Otherwise,if you get Victini as your starter and Heatmor or Raqueza benched with Sky bridge. You can have a blast with this deck.
later gator

I understand what you're saying.

The beautiful part of the Pokemon TCG is that every player likes other cards / has other preferences.
Even the same deck will behave differently depending on whose playing.

I did not encounter Kyurem/Deoxys yet, because i only play against my girlfriend right now.
Because of holidayseason and world championships the league here is closed.
And for some reason i cant get TCG online to work on my mac for over 2 months now :(

3 Rayquaza EX
1 Baby Ray

4 Ether
4 First Ticket
3 Ultra Ball
2 Pokemon Catcher
1 Rock Guard

21 Fire
21 Lightning

I dont like skyla in this deck. Takes up too much space for what it its worth. Baby Ray is probably the best counter to Sigilyph and PlasmaKlang. It can attack T1 and has the shred attack to OHKO sigilyph. Going first is so crucial in this deck so 4 First Ticket are mandatory.

I went 4-2 (missed cut on tiebreaker) in a city tourney last year with QuadRay / 2 Reshiram NEX. Experimented quite a bit with it (and still do as want to keep playing
Ray - a personal favorite), if eliminate Supporters face the
loss where you just have your starter & lose before getting another out. Only one
non-EX attacker and risk having it prized when you need it. Finding the right balance
is the thing - don't want to really get under that right about 40 energy line. Going 1st
is definitely huge, started 3/4 of my wins and only lost 1 prize total in 4 victories.
But squeezing in 4 First Ticket IDK. Max / Gold Potion was huge for me also.
Tool Scrapper would've won me 1 more - hit an EX with Eviolite for 180 instead of
KO.

3/4 Rayquaza
2 Non-EX attacker of choice

- Rock Guard / Life Dew
+ Gold Potion
+1 Max Potion
Ethers / Catchers / Ultra Balls / Skylas
Maybe 1 Scrapper

40+ Energy

Back