Monday, 4/9, Next Set, D/P Dub Preview, Japanese Metagame, Hoenn PokeRap, New Scans

DocRobot_K-176

Red Raging Rampage
I read about Electivire and Dragonite d several months ago; I am not surprised that it is catching on now. Scizor-ex, on the other hand, is a bit of a surprise. Many of the popular decks in the format can do enough damage to take it down, or at least be able to get ahead by 1 prize. I wonder if they are using some sort of T2 engine to get it set up before the opponent become strong enough to take it down. That seems to be the most logical explanation at the moment, but I could very well be mistaken.

uchihasasuke

Uchiha Sasuke
The new tcg set based on the three legendary pokemon would be cool. Can't wait to see Darkrai in a card. Dialga and Palkia were both dissapointing in D/P set, hopefully it will be different this time.

Porygon

Strange Polygon Thing
Hoenn Pokerap reminds me a bit of those Japanese Imakuni songs. I wonder if those are equally as embarrising to the Japanese.

Edit: This is also not the same Hoenn Pokerap that Kids WB did, I don't think. Or at least it is a remix with a different singer.

Redostrike

Has Full dex
Aha BR prizes. Anyone know what prizes there are for second and third? And are we getting a medal of some sort?

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
OMG, they should kill that rapper :S

I through I'd have to wait another 2 years before a set featuring mew would come out :) Darkrai could of course be good, the Japanese movie site shows him trying to stop the 2 beasts. But that would mean nightmares are good too o_O Tell that to my psychiatrist :p

BM1014

Banner credit to lilsparks and G2F.
Hmmm I wonder what the Scizor deck is made out of and man ! that was a long update.:D

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
About the Scizor ex deck, don't forget, metal is basic now, so setting it up T2 shouldn't be difficult considering you can now search for your energies the easy way.

Jigglypuff13

I really need to change this
Even with metal basic energies, Scizor Ex is a surprise. What engine could they be using? Actually, did they use Wally's Training, because that would make turn 2 quite easy. The Electivire/Dragonite combo is predicatable. If anyone didn't see that, then I'll say Wigglytuff is better than Jigglypuff for 1 whole day in my signature. LBS, well, I suppose if you can, you should.
Shining Darkness sounds as though it should be a good set. Does anyone know if there will be a Darkrai Lv. X? It would make sense if there will be Palkia Lv. X and Dialga Lv. X and the set is based on the next movie...
As for the Poke-Rap, I'm listening to it as I'm typing this post. I'm starting to wish I didn't start listening to it. It's dreadful. If I ever ask to listen to it again, could someone remind me to lie down in a dark room for several years.

vanderbilt_grad

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe this:

Mizuki’s Network – Supporter Card

Choose 1 card from your hand and shuffle it into your deck. Then, search your deck for a Pokemon card, show it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

You can play 1 Supporter card during your turn. Place this card next to your Active Pokemon. At the end of your turn, discard this card.

masterryanx

N
Porygon said:
Hoenn Pokerap reminds me a bit of those Japanese Imakuni songs. I wonder if those are equally as embarrising to the Japanese.

Edit: This is also not the same Hoenn Pokerap that Kids WB did, I don't think.   Or at least it is a remix with a different singer.

Hey, don't diss Imakuni, I listen to all 4 Ierukanas religiously  each day! No joke I'm afraid... *la la la Ierukana!*

Yes, I forgot to mention that as well, it just didn't seem like the same one to me. And to be honest, this version of the song isn't all that bad compared to the original on the Pokemon X CD (Although I really hate how they still left in all of the miss-pronunciations, why PUSA let that slide I have no clue...) The sad part is though that they used the original mix of this in Pikachu's Island Adventure's ending, that totally ruined it... -_-;

As for the Electrivire Dragonite d deck... I'd really love to take that for a spin!

Flame Claw

Blue, dressed in black
Mistake! Mistake!
victorymedal.jpg

See the first line, it says "one" rather than "1"

meshrin

Aspiring Trainer
Flame Claw said:
Mistake! Mistake!
victorymedal.jpg

See the first line, it says "one" rather than "1"

That's not a mistake at all. :rolleyes: And it should be written as "one" anyway if you want to be so proper.

Lil Brother

Getting into the beach theme, Ash?
I thought the Hoenn Pokérao was cute, although I wouldn't exactly want my family to overhear it. :p The original version (which I assume was the one from the end credits of Pikachu's Island Adventure) sounded a lot better. The mispronounciations kind of add to the cornieness of it.

The Shining Darkness set sounds cool! I wonder if we'll get a Creepy Legged Darkrai card...

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
That is the longest news story I have seen in a coulpe of years. Any way I hope I can get a cooy of the movie so I can get the CD and I can't wait to see the new season of pokemon because from the previews it looks pretty good.:)

Mew the source of all

Just keep on trying!
RE: Monday, 4/9, Next Set, D/P Dub Preview, Japanese Metagame, Hoenn PokeRap, New Sca

The new Japanese set sounds amazing. (Especially the Dialga Lv.X) The card from Battle Road is what I want it has a nice effect for a non-supporter. The decks that won in Japan don't surprise me.