Ruling Missing Clover mechanics

Sal Fontana

Glaceon GX hype!
I'm considering playtesting a deck that uses missing clover and puzzle of time in an attempt to take at least one prize with the missing clover mechanic, but possibly two. However, the card says "This effect works one time for the 4 cards", but everyone pretends like this text does not exist. It seems to me that, even with puzzle or the looker's oranguru engine, you cannot take more than one prize with missing clover. Is it not saying what I think it's saying?

It means you can't try taking four prizes by playing four cards.

The official Ultra Prism FAQ also answers this question and says yes, you can meme as many prizes as you're able to.

It means you can't try taking four prizes by playing four cards.
Ahhh, ok. I don't know why this never occurred to me. That makes much more sense than not being able to do the combo more than once. Thanks!

I expect people to at least try to make a slick deck using Sableye (DEX), Puzzle of Time, Life Dew (because "Why not?") and Missing Clover. Then again, I personally need to free up some time so I can test my personal take on the deck, where I also try to utilize Darkrai [Prism Star], Dark Patch, Guzzlord-GX, and Ninja Boy as well. Win or lose, "Black Clover" sounds like too much fun. XD

(Feel free to try it as well. Thanks for asking this ruling question - I hadn't thought the reminder text might confuse people)

Back