Miraidon, Koraidon, and More Scarlet & Violet Promos Revealed!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
A handful of Japanese promo cards were revealed via their official website! We don’t yet know how we’ll get these cards, but it’s possible that some or all of them will end up in our Scarlet & Violet base set in March.
Poké Ball – Trainer
Item Card
Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for a Pokemon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.
You may play any number of Item cards during your turn.

Oinkologne – Colorless – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Lechonk
[C][C] Ram: 50 damage.
[C][C][C] Leg Stamp: 130 damage. Flip a coin. If tails, during your next turn, this Pokemon can’t attack.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2...

Continue reading...

How are these being distributed in Japan? There not a special promo pack are they. I'm gonna make a prediction and say the Koraidon and Miraidon cards will come in a figure collection box in english similar to Zacian & Zamazenta. The others most likely will be 1 pack or 3 pack blister promos in english

These are… underwhelming. :|
don‘t forget that most of these have an ex and that you can evolve either into the ex or these.
if some of these cards were really powerful it could potentially be overwhelming if they could be used alongside an ex with the same pre-evolution.

if the game slows down a bit and we‘re moving into a two-shot era then i see no problem with my stage 1 single prize oinkologne doing 130 damage; there could be a scenario where a less powerful single prize pokemon is actually a viable option if you plan on two hit ko‘ing most things and already play oinkologne ex.

How are these being distributed in Japan? There not a special promo pack are they. I'm gonna make a prediction and say the Koraidon and Miraidon cards will come in a figure collection box in english similar to Zacian & Zamazenta. The others most likely will be 1 pack or 3 pack blister promos in english
Japan/Asian Promo cards are either from store events or buy-a-box packages. These are likely store event promos.

From those Promo cards, it can be safely said that the Scarlet and Violet era is off to an extremely good start.

I don't want to sound like I'm whining but my god, these Koraidon and Miraidon cards would be absolutely perfect in a theme deck. The people making this game should be ashamed for taking away what was a long-standing staple.

Back