Mini-modding #2

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
Hello everybody, this thread is here to replace Holy Star's older one.
Mini-modding is still a big problem on these forums, and this thread is just to remind people that it is against the rules, as well as give more information about it.

What exactly is mini-modding?
Mini-modding is enforcing the rules without having the authority to do so, in simple worlds, you are doing what moderators should be doing, but you're not a moderator.

Here are some examples:
"Don't Double post"
"Don't spam"
"Don't insult/bash/flame..."
"This thread is against the rules"
"Please, don't do that"
"Don't go off-topic" (When you say it, you are doing this yourself, actually)
"Don't mini-mod" (Yes, even mini-modding about mini-modding is wrong)
"I'll report you" (Just report the member, don't threaten with it or say that you did)

These kind of posts don't add to the topic, and are therefor spam, even when they are part of a bigger post.

But, why is this such a big problem? The more people enforcing the rules the better, right?
WRONG, mini-modders don't always know the rules, or might be too hard on the member. There is also nothing they can really do, except for pointing out what the member did wrong, so just let the mods do their job.

But, what can we do then? I really want to help!
Just click
postbit_report.gif
to report a post, a mod will do something about it as fast as possible. Obviously, you should only report a post if there's something wrong with it, or if rules have been broken.

Can't we really say anything to a rule-breaker?
Of course you can say something like "I'm sorry, but I think you're going off-topic" when someone breaks a small rule and it's not worth reporting, but don't be too rude and don't do this too often. And we would prefer it if you'd just report it, even if it's not too necessary. (This doesn't mean you should report every little thing you see.) These kind of sentences should of course be part of a bigger post, just so you don't go off-topic.

Also, do not PM a moderator about rule-breakers, the report button is there for a reason, and with the report button, you reach all mods instead of just 1.

Thank you for reading and please refrain from mini-modding from now on, thank you.

To see the old mini-modding thread, created by our ex-mod Holy Star, go here.

No, this'll stay open so people can ask questions here, although they can do that in the newbie guide, but still.

Does clan rules count stating no flaming counts as mini modding ?

At HS's thread, you could have wrote there how he went psycho.....:F nvm.

Silver said:
Should this be locked or something?
I think Magic Umbreon was referring to this. Well, IMO, this is hardly mini-modding at all, but never mind.

Tom, did you relink the mini-modding thread on the newbie guide? If you did, thanks.

Señor Noobnerd said:
Silver said:
Should this be locked or something?
I think Magic Umbreon was referring to this. Well, IMO, this is hardly mini-modding at all, but never mind.

Tom, did you relink the mini-modding thread on the newbie guide? If you did, thanks.

Lol, it was a suggestion, wasn't it?

Btw, is Tom c-m?

I did, Joshua. I also removed the "Holy Star, one of our super mods" part :F

Clan leaders should try to enforce their own rules as much as possible if they aren't the PB rules. But if it gets too drastic, a clan leader can always report it.
Magic Umbreon said:
Oh the irony, minimodding on the minimod thread.
Technically, you were pointing out that someone was mini-modding, which means you were mini-modding, oh, the irony.

lol but technicly I wasn't mini modding I just wanted to know if it should be locked like the first one is.is that so wrong? T_T

Lol, MU told someone that he/she was mini-modding in the mini-modding way. =p Well, lucky this thread was reposted. =] "WTF? A banned member is telling us not to mini-mod. o.0"

Team Twilight has 4 Moderators in it. So, it should be spam free. =p

Yeah, I accidentally mini-modded in one of my posts, but when I typed it, I didn't think that it was mini-modding; here's what I said:
"Ok CCloud, that was just unnececary spam". I was just saying that, i wasn't trying to do anything about it.

Absol said:
Btw, is Tom c-m?

That Mew LOOKS like a Tom, does it not :p?

Anyway, I'm glad you re-made this, C-M. HS's thread brought back horrific flashbacks... also, it was mui dead. Anyway, its a very good guide. I, myself, being a former "mini-modder" think that its a pretty big problem, and it gets me kinda angry seeing someone saying those things in MY thread to someone that didn't do anything wrong. But, nonetheless, "n00bs will be n00bs". That's why we have these stickied threads. Well done.

Edit: NOW I remember why I posted here. I have a question. Actually, its more of a suggestion. If someone mini-mods such as saying "This thread isn't needed more. *lock" That's mini-modding, correct? I think that should be added to the list of "mini-modding actions".

Back