• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mind Jack (Absol / Deoxys-EX)

appleatingoat

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:11

• 4 Deoxys-EX
    4 Absol (PLF 67)
    2 Eve PLF 90
    2 Leafeon PLF 11
    1 Dedenne
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:39

• 2 Lysandre
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card
    3 N
    1 Professor's Letter
    1 Skyla
    4 Muscle Band
    1 Switch
    1 Escape Rope
    2 Colress
    4 Colress Machine
    4 Professor Juniper
    3 Target Whistle
    2 Team Plasma Ball
    1 Float Stone
    2 VS Seeker
    3 Shadow Circle
    1 Shadow Triad
Energy:10

• 4 Plasma Energy
    6 Darkness Energy

Strategy:
The strategy works best against Flareon decks, because you can target whistle all their execute and Jirachi onto their bench preventing them from putting down eve, then all that's left is to Lysandre the Jirachi and left over eve up and KO them all. But if your not going against Flareon or night march or execute/Jirachi powered decks then you can still deal 180 damage on turn 1 if they have a full bench by attaching a dark energy and muscle band then using Colress machine and filling your own bench with Deoxys EX.

The part I need help with though, is fitting some stadiums in...

The Target whistle is quite clever.

Since you have:
3 Bicycle
2 Colress
2 Maintenance
3 N
4 P Juniper

for a total of 14 draw cards, I really think you couldreplace some of these cards not only for Stadiums, but you may want to use a few Shadow Triad too. I'd suggest you consider the following:

-3 Bicycle
-2 Maintenance

+1 N
+2 Shadow Circle (?)
+2 Shadow Triad

I think Your missing the point of maintenance and bicycle... they are both in there together because it speeds the deck up exponentially (maintenance also helps a ton when you using juniper). For when I use maintenance I try to reduce my hand to 1 bicycle, that way I can draw 4 cards without the use of a supporter. It also lets me continuously draw and circulate cards without having to discard the cards I need with juniper, while providing very nice draw support.

I understand what the referenced cards do. In trying to find room for Stadiums (per your request), I identified a few slots I thought were eligible (IMO), in addition to making room for some Shadow Triad - which is extremely useful in Team Plasma decks, especially when you need to retrieve a KOd Absol.

Also, if you have any concerns about encountering Seismitoad EXs, then your dependency upon Items will become quite problematic.

oh yea your right, x hit's forhead x. I always forget about toads (pure nasty) so I guess taking out the draw system of items and replacing them with shadow circles would be better? I guess i'll maybe try it....

I would add a 2-2 line of Plasma Leafeon to this deck. Not only does Leafon counter that nasty toad that could slow your deck down A LOT, it gets the boost from Deoxys EX, meaning it can do some good damage even without hitting for weakness.

appleatingoat said:
oh yea your right, x hit's forhead x. I always forget about toads (pure nasty) so I guess taking out the draw system of items and replacing them with shadow circles would be better?
Shadow Circle is a suggested counter Stadium and provides Weakness protection when your Poke has an attached D energy. The SCs may help in this regard, especially when your main attacker has such "low" HP.

DevinTheWelf said:
I would add a 2-2 line of Plasma Leafeon to this deck. Not only does Leafon counter that nasty toad that could slow your deck down A LOT, it gets the boost from Deoxys EX, meaning it can do some good damage even without hitting for weakness.
I concur with DTW too. Leafeon (PLF) would be a solid addition and it does not disrupt your energy balance at all.

OK I tried the updated post out, it's allot slower than before (though the Leafeon helped against toad). So now my problem is making it go faster...

I'd suggest the following for your consideration to help increase you setup:

-1 Colress Machine. I found 3 to be quite sufficient when I ran my Team Plasma deck.
-1 Team Plasma Ball. I found 2 to be quite sufficient when I ran my Team Plasma deck.

+1 Pokemon Fan Club
+1 Repeat Ball (or another PFC)
- - - or - - -
+2 Dedenne (Entrainment)

Also, when you consider that your main attacker has relatively "low" HP, you might find that Shadow Circle is really not that helpful since Absol, most likely, will just be 1HKOd. So, consider replacing the Shadow Circle with Frozen City instead.

Wait why -1 Colress machine? In most of my battles I need Colress machine and a darkness energy to appear on turn 1, that way I can deal as much damage as possible...

I also do not really like repeat ball for some reason, not exactly sure why but it just doesn't strike me as versatile enough. I'll try -1 team plasma ball though, and I'll add a Dedenne for it. (Pokémon fan club just has the same feel about it that repeat ball does)

Back