• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Miltank / Vileplume

Ghazernado

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 15
  • 3-3-3 Vileplume
  • 4 Miltank
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 38
  • 4 Acro Bike
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Roller Skates
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 AZ
  • 1 Switch
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Forest of Giant Plants
  • 4 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
Energy: 7
  • 7 Psychic Energy
Strategy:

This deck's strategy is pretty simple, set up quickly with item-based drawing cards in order to get a T1 Vileplume and majorly disrupt your opponent.

I think it may be worth running Vs Seeker in this deck and cutting down on some of you supporters to add some other options like Xerosic and team flare grunt to add a bit of disruption. Also (its unlikely) but you may end up in a case where you need to attack with your Vileplume so it may be good to run Grass energy. Hope this helped.

VS Seeker isn't good in Vileplume because your goal is to establish Item lock.

I think if your only shot is to attack with Vileplume, you've already lost, but I do feel like you need more than just 4 Miltank. Regice would be another good attacker to include.

I think if your only shot is to attack with Vileplume, you've already lost, but I do feel like you need more than just 4 Miltank. Regice would be another good attacker to include.
Here's some changes I've decided to include
-1 Birch
-1 Sycamore
+1 Level Ball
+1 Lugia-EX

The idea of Vs Seeker is that you can play the AZ to return the Vileplume to hand (allowing you to play items) so you can then recover your supporters with VS Seeker playing down Vileplume again afterwards. When I spent time playing this deck I found that a lot of resources get discarded to reach item lock. But I do agree that Regice is great in this deck.

VS is usable with all the AZ you have. AZ is a great switch as you can scoop up vileplume and place it down when you are ready.

You can consider a wobbuffet, although he can disrupt you shayman, it might be helpful to cut abilities of your opponent.
Consider a supper rod might help retrieve energy \ pokemon for the late game.
Regice by running water and a few double DC. Keeping in mind that item lock should stop the enh hammers, so it is just as good on miltank (even gets a retreat)
Consider a Winona (shay \ mil)

Consider a few level balls, just increases the chance of getting item lock on turn 1. Adding a compressor \ VS seeker \ Skyla can help get that stadium in play.

Back