Discussion Miltank SM8

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
I know everyone's been looking at the new lost march Pokémon but I think miltank could be a good rogue deck or tech.

lets take a look

Miltank – Colorless – HP130
Basic Pokemon
[C][C][C] Milk Cannon: You may reveal any number of Moo-Moo Milk cards from your hand to your opponent. This attack does 60 damage for each card revealed.

Weakness: Fighting (x2) Resistance: none Retreat: 3

so for 3 colorless we can hit up to 240 if we have all 4 copies of moo-moo milk in hand. so how do we get all those milks in hand, there's a few options I'm seeing we can use SM Alolan Raticate evil order attack to get them or use order pad (flippy), could also run it as a tech in a Garchomp/Lucario deck, the new fairy Alolan Ninetales could be good as well.

we likely also want to run some item retrieval cards in case we have to heal or they get discarded by opponent.

biggest setback to the deck would be cards that make us shuffle our hand, thankful N has rotated but there are a few other ones still around namely: Judge, Wicke, Ilima, and Peeking Red Card but I'm not really seeing them in deck lists like N was.

so thoughts? I'm thinking the Garchomp/Lucario tech is the most viable as it is the most consistent (if slowest) and Garchomp/Lucario use less energy for their attacks giving us time to power up miltank. as a tech we can likely be fine putting 1-2 miltank and 4 moo-moo milk.

Last edited:
Hmm... I honestly don't see it very viable. Even having 2 copies of the same card in your hand is kind of difficult, imagine having 3 (from where it does some decent damage). I don't know, I'd do it if I could plant a potato and harvest the moo-moo milks from there, but otherwise I don't see it...

Or maybe trying with Zoroark GX? I suffered the use of 4 Missing Clovers at once in PTCGO, my opponent was playing Zoroark GX.

Run Miltank with Alolan Ninetales GX from the same set. Evolving one Alolan Vulpix into Alolan Ninetales GX instantly searches out two Moo-Moo Milk. Ifr you are worried about hand disruption run a 3-3 Alolan Ninetales GX line but I believe that a 3-2 line would also suffice. Also run some Choice Band to enable Miltank to hit numbers with no more than three Moo-Moo Milk in hand in case one of them is prized. Since Miltank needs three energies to attack Mina could be a decent addition to the deck too.

Although unconventional, I would at least consider Herdier SUM a potential option/tech for this kind of deck:

SM1_EN_104.png

However, I am primarily concerned with the [C][C][C] Energy cost for the attack. Unless you run a good count of Mina, a matchup like buzzwole could just run you over rather quickly and leave no room for a counterattack. Despite this, there are enough soft counters (such as Miltank being a 130 HP pokemon or Alolan Ninetales's GX attack against Buzzwole) that it could be very worthwhile concept.

I had just tried the deck with sylveon Gx and wishful baton and it actually worked pretty well.
Other multiple ideas that had been suggested are built it with the new fairy type alolan ninetales to help find moomoo milk

My decklist: 2018/11/5 If possible, I would also like suggestions on how to upgrade my deck
3x evee (energy evolution)
2x Slyveon Gx
1x shuckle
4x Miltank (Milk Canon)
2x Tapu Lele
1x Rescue stretcher
1x Nest Ball
2x Energy Loto
1x Field blower
1x switch
4x acro bike
4x ultraball