• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Miltank / Greninja

Draaka

Aspiring Trainer
Ok so, I know this deck isn't exactly tier 1 any more but I have all the pieces to play it IRL and online and it's always been one of my fave decks as it's really fun to play so i'm hoping you guys can help me update it to the current (or future if you can think of anything helpful from emerald break). Tonight against some friendly locals I realised this has a really strong match up against night march, no EX's means you are trading 1-1 or 1-2 against mew EX. And boy can this deck mess up night march good. The water shurikens will one shot Joltik, two Greninja out means you can take out Pumpkaboo every turn and one shuriken and a fully banded powerful friends from Miltank will do 130 to mew EX's puny 120hp. But best of all because the shurikens are coming off an ability not attack there is nothing their MR.mime can do to stop it! Oh, and of course a greninja with band and one water energy can one shot anything in night march except Mew EX which it can two shot (albeit unlikely) although two shuriken and a banded mist slash will one shot him which is easy if you have two Greninja in play. Also a good match up against Donphan as you can kill robosubs with one shuriken or one shuriken and a fully buffed powerful friends is a KO on dolphin itself. Also as we aren't running any EX's dolphin is trading 1-1 which is not great for that decks philosophy. That makes two of the most common powerful budget decks around really good match ups in my opinion.

So, help me update (or futurize) this deck. Most needed I think is a way to counter Siesmetoad because this deck does rely on items quite heavily to recycle those energies into damage every turn. Feel free to use emerald break cards if you think they would help

Pokemon:

• 4-1-4 Greninja
    2 Suicine (safeguard)
    4 Miltank
    1 execute
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 2 Dive ball
    4 Professor's Letter
    4 Rare Candy
    2 Repeat Call
    1 Startling Megaphone
    3 Superior Energy Retrieval
    2 VS Seeker
    3 Lysandre
    3 N
    4 Professor Sycamore
    3 Skyla
    4 Muscle Band
Energy:

• 9 Water Energy

Strategy:

For those of you unfamiliar with this deck it was a bit popular last year, you use Water Shuriken off one or more Greninja every turn to heap little bits (30 HP per Greninja each turn as long as you have the water energy) of damage on your opponents bench while Miltank wrecks face with 100 damage Powerful Friends (10+70 for having a benched evolve Pokemon+Muscle Band for 20) two shotting basically anything apart from Megas. Or the Shurikens can focus on your opponents Active Pokemon with Miltank to do 130, 160, 190 or 210 damage depending on the amount of Greninjas you can get out. Now, anything that shuts off abilities of evolved Pokemon (so Silent Lab isn't relevant for this deck) is trouble, but seeing as most are playing Silent Lab instead of Garbador now a days this deck is more powerful in that respect.

Things I have tried:

More energy retrieval. I don't quite feel like i've hit the sweet spot, but i've tried running everything from 4 basic 4 superior down to the current 0-3 superior line. Thinking of putting one more superior back in.

Less letters meant the deck was really slow in the start, and also if you have a letter late game then you can throw it away with execute for a superior energy retrieval.

Rough seas, I don't know why I thought this would be a good idea. It can't help miltank, and if greninja or suicine are going to be taking damage from an attack it's likely a lysandre to OHKO situation, also made any game vs an electric or water deck unwinabble.

training centre, again, I am trying to find a nice stadium for this deck to use mostly to counter others stadiums but haven't found the one. This certainly wasn't it, extra HP on greninja didn't really stop it from getting lysandre sniped.

things I am considering

Frozen city might be nice as all the pokemon except for suicine (who is a last resort tbh) only need one energy to attack for their best attack. So that would pile on extra damage with shuriken it seems like it would synergize well. But i'm not sure how I would make room for it in the current deck.

It seems like having your own stadium even just to disrupt others stadiums is pretty vital in the current meta.

Trevor... I can't work out if he is worth it or not. Free ultra ball but as a supporter. Hmmm. Don't think I need him in this specific deck. Still on the fence overall. I have two copies both online and IRL.

Also considering a 2-1-2 line of the new swampers search but not sure if you really need it and if it would work at all. Would be nice through as it gets around silent lab and also it's not the worst attacker in the world.

Siesmatoad counters. This is something I am considering. Suicine does an ok job atm but wondering if there is something better.

Oh and this build is just slightly different to my previous one that had four dive balls no repeat balls and only one N and more energy retriever (as I just got two more copies IRL ^_^ Yay.)
Please help,

Korrina won't work in this deck, unless you're only using the card to search for an item card. I say this because you don't run any fighting type Pokemon in this deck.

I don't have any skylas, but the Korrinas are mostly there just to search for dive balls if I need a pokemon, prof's letters if I need energy/shuriken fodder or a band if I need one for a miltank.

Draaka said:
I don't have any skylas, but the Korrinas are mostly there just to search for dive balls if I need a pokemon, prof's letters if I need energy/shuriken fodder or a band if I need one for a miltank.

I think there are more sufficient ways to get Dive Balls than using Korrina. I say this because it takes up your turn for the supporter. I would probably just add one more Pokemon Fan Club, or have Repeat Balls.

Let's say you you took out the Korrinas because you only search for Dive Balls or any other type of Poke Balls, if you put 3 Repeat Balls instead, your chance of pulling Repeat Balls will be the same as your chance of pulling Korrinas. I hope that's making sense. With that being said, you are able to use a supporter for the turn to draw more cards.

I hope that's making sense... and that's how I see it.

No pressure though... and it may just be that this will depend on how consistent it works. The best thing to do is to play test. I may be wrong, and you may be right.

The good thing about the Korrina supporter is you'll be able to search for any item cards, which gives you the flexibility, but like I said, if it's only for the use of the Dive Balls, you may be better off just replacing it with another type of Poke Ball.

Skyla, on the other hand, is good card for this deck because you can search for any supporter cards. This will give you the advantage to look for another draw support cards, if your hand isn't so good.

I also think having a 4-4-4 line of Greninja and having 4 Rare Candy is a bit much. Whenever I run stage two, and rely on those cards, I do just fine with just having 4-2-4 Stage 2 and put 2 Rare Candy. This also gives you two more rooms for other cards.

You could use more draw support as well because I only see 4 Sycamore. Adding, 4 other draw support will help you a lot especially if you're wanting to have Stage 2 Pokemon out right away. You could have N, Professor Birch's Observations, Shauna.

Since you are discarding a lot of energy from your hand, it wouldn't hurt to add bicycle in your deck.

You have a lot of room to make different changes to make your consistency better. :)

Other than that, I think your item cards are great. Having Exeggcute is a great card, just keep in mind that there will be times where you will only start off with that card as your active.

Another thing you might want to consider, but some people agree and disagree about using Jirachi EX for Stellar Guidance. It allows you to play look for a supporter card after putting Jirachi EX on the bench. It's HP is only 90, and gives up two prizes if knocked out, but it does help many people in tight spots. Same goes for this card like how I talked about Exeggcute though, sometimes, it will work against you.

I hope this helps, and I am interested in how your deck works in the end. :)

First off I'm not running and frogadiers, just froakies and greninjas. So that's kinda a moot point. I am trying to trade for skylas atm, but the reason I didn't go with repeat balls if often I use korrina to find a profs letter or muscle band. I've been play testing a lot and i've been winning about 50% of my ranked matches online. The problem with this deck is it needs a good start. In my online list I have been running 4 N's for consistency and that has helped a lot. execute is great because it helps lessen the blow from Superior energy removal and give you a fighting chance against those inkay discard decks.

I don't like jirachi EX as a few times I have won games just by lysandering my opponents Jirachi, it's too fragile imho. It will just fall prey to a lysandre combined with Donphan Wreck or blast from a big EX. I play tested two executes and a compressor but it didn't work out so well even when replacing the dive balls for ultra balls.

I like Silver Bangle a lot more than Muscle Band in this deck. That extra 10 damage is very important in KO'ing EX's. 80 + 30 + 2 Water Shurikens = 170. If you have Muscle Band instead, you're only doing 160 which in not enough in my opinion. The only reason you would play Muscle Band instead of Silver Bangle in this deck would be so that you could do more damage to non-EX's; however I think your math with non-EX's if just fine without it. 80 + 2 Water Shurikens is 140, and that's typically enough to KO non-EX's.

Certainly can't fault your logic there man, I will try running with bangles for a while see if that makes any massive difference.

Shuriken This! (Greninja / Miltank)

Ok so, I know this deck isn't exactly tier 1 any more but I have all the pieces to play it IRL and online and it's always been one of my fave decks as it's really fun to play so i'm hoping you guys can help me update it to the current (or future if you can think of anything helpful from emerald break). Tonight against some friendly locals I realised this has a really strong match up against night march, no EX's means you are trading 1-1 or 1-2 against mew EX. And boy can this deck mess up night march good. The water shurikens will one shot Joltik, two Greninja out means you can take out Pumpkaboo every turn and one shuriken and a fully banded powerful friends from Miltank will do 130 to mew EX's puny 120hp. But best of all because the shurikens are coming off an ability not attack there is nothing their MR.mime can do to stop it! Oh, and of course a greninja with band and one water energy can one shot anything in night march except Mew EX which it can two shot (albeit unlikely) although two shuriken and a banded mist slash will one shot him which is easy if you have two Greninja in play. Also a good match up against Donphan as you can kill robosubs with one shuriken or one shuriken and a fully buffed powerful friends is a KO on dolphin itself. Also as we aren't running any EX's dolphin is trading 1-1 which is not great for that decks philosophy. That makes two of the most common powerful budget decks around really good match ups in my opinion.

So, help me update (or futurize) this deck. Most needed I think is a way to counter Siesmetoad because this deck does rely on items quite heavily to recycle those energies into damage every turn. Feel free to use emerald break cards if you think they would help

Pokemon:

• 4-1-4 Greninja
    2 Suicine (safeguard)
    4 Miltank
    1 execute
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 2 Dive ball
    4 Professor's Letter
    4 Rare Candy
    2 Repeat Call
    1 Startling Megaphone
    3 Superior Energy Retrieval
    2 VS Seeker
    3 Lysandre
    3 N
    4 Professor Sycamore
    3 Skyla
    4 Muscle Band
Energy:

• 9 Water Energy

Strategy:

For those of you unfamiliar with this deck it was a bit popular last year, you use Water Shuriken off one or more Greninja every turn to heap little bits (30 HP per Greninja each turn as long as you have the water energy) of damage on your opponents bench while Miltank wrecks face with 100 damage Powerful Friends (10+70 for having a benched evolve Pokemon+Muscle Band for 20) two shotting basically anything apart from megas. Or the shurikens can focus on your opponents active pokemon with miltank to do 130, 160, 190 or 210 damage depending on the amount of greninjas you can get out. Now, anything that shuts off abilities of evolved pokemon (so silent lab isn't relevant for this deck) is trouble, but seeing as most are playing silent lab instead of garbador now a days this deck is more powerful in that respect.

Things I have tried:

More energy retrieval. I don't quite feel like i've hit the sweet spot, but i've tried running everything from 4 basic 4 superior down to the current 0-3 superior line. Thinking of putting one more superior back in.

Less letters meant the deck was really slow in the start, and also if you have a letter late game then you can throw it away with execute for a superior energy retrieval.

Rough seas, I don't know why I thought this would be a good idea. It can't help miltank, and if greninja or suicine are going to be taking damage from an attack it's likely a lysandre to OHKO situation, also made any game vs an electric or water deck unwinabble.

training centre, again, I am trying to find a nice stadium for this deck to use mostly to counter others stadiums but haven't found the one. This certainly wasn't it, extra HP on greninja didn't really stop it from getting lysandre sniped.

Silver bangles, while great vs EX they mean you just don't have the hitting power vs non ex decks to compete at all.

things I am considering

Frozen city might be nice as all the pokemon except for suicine (who is a last resort tbh) only need one energy to attack for their best attack. So that would pile on extra damage with shuriken it seems like it would synergize well. But i'm not sure how I would make room for it in the current deck.

It seems like having your own stadium even just to disrupt others stadiums is pretty vital in the current meta.

Trevor... I can't work out if he is worth it or not. Free ultra ball but as a supporter. Hmmm. Don't think I need him in this specific deck. Still on the fence overall. I have two copies both online and IRL.

Also considering a 2-1-2 line of the new swampers search but not sure if you really need it and if it would work at all. Would be nice through as it gets around silent lab and also it's not the worst attacker in the world.

Siesmatoad counters. This is something I am considering. Suicine does an ok job atm but wondering if there is something better.

Oh and this build is just slightly different to my previous one that had four dive balls no repeat balls and only one N and more energy retriever (as I just got two more copies IRL ^_^ Yay.)
Please help,

Back