• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mill Deck (Ninjask / Bunnelby / Hypno)

pokemoner2500

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 14
  • 3-3 Ninjask ROS
  • 2-2 Hypno FFI
  • 4 Bunnelby PRC
Trainers: 35
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Training Stadium
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Switch
  • 4 Escape Rope
  • 3 Repeat Ball
  • 4 Shauna
  • 3 Super Scoop Up
  • 2 Revive
  • 4 N
  • 3 Trick Shovel
  • 2 Sacred Ash
Energy: 8
  • 8 Psychic Energy
Strategy:

So with the banning of LTC this deck seems to have peeked its head in this meta. Ninjask is to use it's ability to discard from your opponents deck. Use switch to make it your active then free retreat out of there.
Bunnelby: It's ability allows it to attack twice, discarding the top two cards of your opponents deck.
Hypno: Forces your opponent to use a supporter. (you get to choose and play out the card as your opponent.)

what about propagation Exeggcute so you can have a more controlled use of wing buzz. I tested a similar deck and it really helped

Just curious, how often do you actually use Hypno? Its attack is awesome, but I feel it takes away from your milling abilities unless they are holding a Prof. Juniper/Sycamore. In which case, having a card like Ghetsis would let you look and see when you want to use Hynpo.

Last edited:
not many times. so later I tried a new version that used Archie and Swampert and I found it worked a lot better as there was more consistency.

Ninjask's second attack is great for setup, I don't see why you don't run 2 green energy. You could run a 3-4 line. I am not sure what the purpose of a battle compressor is for.

I would also consider running silent lab over training center.

I would add Life dew in this deck. you can get it back with Bunnelby and then prize deny your opponent. Just twice could be all you need to outlast.

I am curious how important the Hypno line is? that could be 4 more cards at your disposal, and flare grunt or Xerosic come to mind. Why not have a bit of energy deny and a counter to Toads. Energy can be valuable to them.

How about Winona to get 3 Bunnelby out. and you won't really need both revives.

I really like this deck and will build it.

Last edited:
Deck Strategy.

With Life Dew the game should be extended to at least the 8th turn. In that time, That is 13 cards (setup) 8 (Draws) and 17 cards discarded (7 Bunnelby and 5 Ninjask / Trick Shovel) for 40 cards. That leaves 20 cards at you opponent disposal. So each time they obtain a card from their deck by search that goes down also by the star of this deck their Junipers.

Could you, in theory, put Vileplume from Bandit Ring into this deck? So you lock items with Plume, forcing your opponent to Sycamore or otherwise disrupt their hand, preventing their swift setup while you mill cards with Bunnelby. Although, granted, it does stop your Trick Shovels...

Vileplume – Grass – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Gloom

Ability: Frustrating Pollen
As long as this Pokemon is in play, both you and your opponent can’t play Item cards.

[G][G][C] Solar Beam: 70 damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

I see Hypno isn't really working out for you, might I suggest Diggersby/Trick coin? Take out the Hypno line, 1 Battle Compressor, 2 Training Stadium, and 2 revives
+4 Diggersby
+4 Trick Coin
+1 Lysandre

Then i'd suggest
-2 Escape Rope (very Excessive)
-1 Psychic Energy
+3 VS Seeker

and then of course:
-7 Psychic Energies
+6 Fighting Energies
+1 Energy Retrieval (suggestion)

I think you'll find this to make your deck slightly more consistent, you'll have a lot of fun too when you hit like 6 heads in a row on someone! Good luck!

I see Hypno isn't really working out for you, might I suggest Diggersby/Trick coin? Take out the Hypno line, 1 Battle Compressor, 2 Training Stadium, and 2 revives
+4 Diggersby
+4 Trick Coin
+1 Lysandre

Then i'd suggest
-2 Escape Rope (very Excessive)
-1 Psychic Energy
+3 VS Seeker

and then of course:
-7 Psychic Energies
+6 Fighting Energies
+1 Energy Retrieval (suggestion)

I think you'll find this to make your deck slightly more consistent, you'll have a lot of fun too when you hit like 6 heads in a row on someone! Good luck!

Maybe just add after the removal of Hypno

+2 Diggersby
+2 Trick Coin

And change the energy

What about xatu? I wanted to make something like this. But with the ninjask and xatu you could stack your opponents deck and end up taking out what you don't want in it. Providing they aren't drawing a lot. Maybe paired with

What about xatu? I wanted to make something like this. But with the ninjask and xatu you could stack your opponents deck and end up taking out what you don't want in it. Providing they aren't drawing a lot. Maybe paired with
The main problem is that all your opponent needs to do is search his deck for a card and wallah - your system has been completely messed up. Personally I'd prefer to use Hypno to potentially Juniper for an outstanding 7 :>

Back