Mightyena or Toxicroak G?

ze_draeck

I'd like to make myself believe...
I got a BR this weekend, and I'm interested in playing one of these, with Skuntank G. But which one is better and/or more fun to play? My area doesn't play Mewtwo and maybe 1 Dialga in general (attacker or tech).

Amt

I'd play ToxiTank if your area has little to no SP decks.

Toxicroak counters Machamp pretty well, and can be a pain for Gengar.

Mightyena will have a tough time against Machamp but should be able to run straight through Gengar.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
Amt said:

Toxicroak counters Machamp pretty well, and can be a pain for Gengar. Gengar could just use Poltergeist and hope for an easy two trainers for a KO. And attack those Poke Power users.

Mightyena will have a tough time against Machamp but should be able to run straight through Gengar.Gengar could use Fainting Spell, and pwn your Skuntank G.

Overall, I'd go with Mightyena, because you may have other SP problems, and Mightyena can use the LA one. Or combine both together.

CFOURCOLTSFAN

Aspiring Trainer
Try toxitank, and use weavile or some form of backup for mirror matchups. Mightyena can be faster but Machamp owns it. ToxiTank should be tried.

Amt

Gliscor said:
Amt said:

Toxicroak counters Machamp pretty well, and can be a pain for Gengar. Gengar could just use Poltergeist and hope for an easy two trainers for a KO. And attack those Poke Power users.

Mightyena will have a tough time against Machamp but should be able to run straight through Gengar.Gengar could use Fainting Spell, and pwn your Skuntank G.

Overall, I'd go with Mightyena, because you may have other SP problems, and Mightyena can use the LA one. Or combine both together.

1.) - Unown G your Poke-Power users (Claydol, Skuntank G) and Cosmic Power away the extra trainers.
2.) - KO with Uxie's Psychic Restore, Crobat G's Flash Bite or Poison Structure.

Spirit Of Mew

Gone
Playing Mightyena at states I found that I outran Toxitank. I lost to one machamp on a bad hand but beat the next one I played. It's a really fun deck too.

In my opinion Mightyena is the way to go

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Mightyena has a higher damage output than Toxitank, but Mightyena gets creamed by Machamp if it's not fast enough, while Toxitank has no problem. Toxitank can also stop Powers and has a built-in Unown G. I'd go with Toxitank.

dmaster out.

esperante

started there, now i'm at the bottom
Play both for coverage, that way you're not COMPLETELY walled by SP decks/Champ (depending on which you play).

ze_draeck

I'd like to make myself believe...
I played Mightyena :] It really is a fun deck. I went 2-2 btw, losing against Dialga G and Magnezone with a 3-1 Dialga G (but he was a Master). So I get to play the only real bad matchup in seniors, and there were like 2 Gengars, which I would have creamed :[