• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mienshao Loop for 2015 (Mienshao / Hitmontop / Lopunny)

Danzeva

Aspiring Trainer
Hello every one, and welcome to another one of my deck ideas! Today I'd like to present Mienshao (Furious Fists 57). Any constructive feedback will be greatly appreciated.​

Mienshao Loop for 2015

Mienshao (Furious Fists 57)
(Stage 1) 90 HP

Aero Turn 40
Return this Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand.
1x Fighting Energy

High Jump Kick 40
2x Colorless Energy

The function of the deck is very simple and very fun. We want to get out at least 2x Mienshao (Furious Fists 57) out as soon as possible. One in our bench and the other as our active pokemon. Once we have them both there's just a few more cards we need before we can commence our loop. We will need our Focus Sash (Furious Fists 91) to properly set up, both Mienshao (Furious Fists 57) will need to have one attached to each to avoid any risky KOes from our opposing active pokemon. Remeber our Mienshao only has 90 HP. After that its a simple task of rotaing them out with Aero Turn for 40 damage each turn. Our Mienshao will soak up damage and then refresh its HP after Aero Turn resolves. The weakness to this loop are status effects, cards like N, or addition damage applicators and megaphone or hypnotoxic laser.

I use cards like Korrina (Furious Fists 95) which allow us to search for both our very much needed Mienshao and Focus Sash. Some other cards used in the deck are Hitmontop (Furious Fists 49) for some early draw prower and he can also use Helicoptero for some switching combos.Lopunny (Flashfire 85) is also in this deck sense it has a similar effect to Aero Turn, but its for an ability which allows more room for looping strategies.

Pokemon:
  • 4x Mienfoo (Furious Fists 56)
  • 4x Mienshao (Furious Fists 57)
  • 1x Hawlucha (Furious Fists 63)
  • 2x Buneary (Flashfire 84)
  • 2x Lopunny (Flashfire 85)
(14)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4x Korrina
  • 4x Focus Sash
  • 2x Pokemon Fan Club
  • 2x Muscle Band
  • 3x Ultra Ball
  • 2x VS seeker
  • 4x Professor Sycamore
  • 3x Shauna
  • 2x Enhanced Hammer
  • 2x Fighting stadium
  • 2x Switch
  • 1x Professor's Letter
  • 1x Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 1x Computer Search
  • 2x N
  • 3x Robo Substitute
(33)
Energy:
  • 4x Strong Energy
  • 2x Double Colorless Energy
  • 3x Fighting Energy
(12)

If you have any ideas on how to improve the core strategy of the deck please feel free to drop a comment :)

Will be updating this thread periodically

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
RE: Mienshao Loop for 2015 (Mienshao/Hitmontop/Lopunny)

I love the idea of Mienshao part of a deck. I have a different approach I feel is more effective. My version of this is kind of like a Donphan deck but using Mienshao instead of donphan. Using aero turn to return to your hand and putting a card like Wobbuffet PF to block abilities, Sigilyph LT to stop EXs, Kyurem LT to hit Landorus EX for weakness, Zekrom BW/LT to hit Yveltal EX for weakness. Those outrage pokes are assuming they don't one shot you, which is pretty easily prevented. You should have another Mienshao ready (or mienfoo) on the bench. You can have only mienfoo ready on the bench because from aero turn, you could just use the Mienshao to put on the next Mienfoo, then try to get the Mienfoo/Mienshao you need for next turn.

Here's how I would change the list to make it this version:
-2 Hitmontop
-2 Buneary
-2 Lopunny

-4 Roller Skates
-4 Focus Sash
-4 Battle Reporter
-2 Maintenance
-2 Full Heal
-2 Pokemon Fan Club
-3 Shauna

-7 Fighting Energy
-1 DCE
(-34)

+1 Hawlucha FUF
+1 Kyurem LT
+2 Sigilyph LT
+2 Wobbuffet PF
+1 Reshiram BW / Zekrom BW (Maybe)

+4 Professor Sycamore/Juniper
+4 N
+2 Lysandre
+1 Sacred Ash
+2 Enhanced Hammer
+2 VS Seeker
+2 Muscle Band
+1 Silver Bangle
+1 Computer Search/Dowsing Machine (Your preference)
+3 Float Stone (to retreat Sigilyph, Wobbuffet, etc.)
+2 Switch
+3 Fighting Stadium

Hope I helped!

Danzeva

Aspiring Trainer

Gengar master

I'm glad you like the deck idea :D . Hmm, your version seems to strictly counter most meta pokemon which is a good thing but it takes from the loop stradegy the deck is based upon. The idea is to always mentain a Mienshao attacking and slowly dish out 40 damage every turn safely.

How ever Switch is a very good card and can provide extra plays for the loop stradegy. I also have tested that Rare Candy is needed. The general lay out of how it should play out theoretically is you always have a FS (Focus Sash) on the benched pokemon you are willing to switch into that will soak up the damage and then switch out (recycling all cards attach back to your hand) and repeat the proccess. Essential you need 2x FS (Focus Sash) to continue to loop. Dont get me wrong the loop isnt perfect , but with time I hope our Pokemon community can help me get the most consistency out of this build.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member

Danzeva said:
Gengar master

I'm glad you like the deck idea :D . Hmm, your version seems to strictly counter most meta pokemon which is a good thing but it takes from the loop stradegy the deck is based upon. The idea is to always mentain a Mienshao attacking and slowly dish out 40 damage every turn safely.

How ever Switch is a very good card and can provide extra plays for the loop stradegy. I also have tested that Rare Candy is needed. The general lay out of how it should play out theoretically is you always have a FS (Focus Sash) on the benched pokemon you are willing to switch into that will soak up the damage and then switch out (recycling all cards attach back to your hand) and repeat the proccess. Essential you need 2x FS (Focus Sash) to continue to loop. Dont get me wrong the loop isnt perfect , but with time I hope our Pokemon community can help me get the most consistency out of this build.
Remember to switch into fighting pokemon, as that is the only type focus sash can be used on.

How is rare candy needed when there is no stage 2 pokemon in here?

And take my trainer lines as help too which provides more deck draw and consistency. You don't need to copy that strategy, but keep it in mind for a somewhat competitive option.

You really need to cut down the fighting energy amount. I think in this deck only 5 basic fighting energy is necessary.

Danzeva

Aspiring Trainer

Master Gengar

Remember to switch into fighting pokemon, as that is the only type focus sash can be used on.

How is rare candy needed when there is no stage 2 pokemon in here?

And take my trainer lines as help too which provides more deck draw and consistency. You don't need to copy that strategy, but keep it in mind for a somewhat competitive option.

You really need to cut down the fighting energy amount. I think in this deck only 5 basic fighting energy is necessary.

Holy cow, you are right! I keep thinking Rare Candy is Evosoda, but I'm not sure if I should play that eather. I also fixed the trainer line up, let me know what you think. You're imput has been a huge help! I hope you can continue to help me as I am still farely new to pokemon. About the Fighting Energy you are right I do need to limit that down.

OblivionDvdr

Aspiring Trainer
This is a neat looking deck; I'm not sure if it's competitive, but it seems fun. I think I have some ideas on how to improve it.

-2 hitmontop
-2 battle reporter
-2 maintenance
-2 professors letter
-2 full heal
-1 DCE
-2 Fighting energy

+2 Muscle Band
+1 silver bangle
+2 N
+2 VS seeker
+3 Fighting stadium
+2 Hawlucha
+1 computer search

This should just up the power of the deck. If you don't have a tool on the mienshao, the band will help hit hard. Hope this helps some.

Maximinn

Aspiring Trainer
I think the problem for this deck is going to be N. If the cycle of Mienshao breaks it'll be really hard to recover. You might get away with it if you have several Mienshao benched and ready to go at any one time but as soon as your opponent Ns the Mienshao, the focus sash, and the energy out of your hand, or knocks one out using startling megaphone or hypnotoxic laser, you'll be playing catchup to try and find all the necessary cards quick enough to keep the cycle going.

Maybe running a few outrage walls would be a good idea to buy you a couple of turns to get your Mienshao set up again.

Danzeva

Aspiring Trainer
OblivionDvdr
Competitive? It most definitely can be! The loop can be very hard to deal, but for now lets just have some fun with the deck idea. I've taken alot from your suggestions and added most of it to the core. I agree the deck does need more attack power and hopefully with these modification it will provide the deck that extra damage. 2x Hawlucha seems like too much and 3x Fighting Stadium can be situational. I agree that both are needed so I have added a limited amount to the core build.

Yes, N is a huge problem and I have yet to find a answer against it and various other cards like it. There are set ups were you can recover in the event they N. In most cases they will have to over extend which is good. Maximinn I am still new to Pokemon TCG, and im sorry to say...I don't know what you mean by few outrage walls. I agree I need a wall, or some thing with an equal threat that can hold its on as a stand alone pokemon.

Maximinn

Aspiring Trainer
By outrage wall I mean either Reshiram, Kyurem or Zekrom. They are big, bulky basic pokemon with the attack Outrage which does increased damage the more damage they take. They're good because they're hard to knock out in one go and if your opponent tries to take them out in 2 hits they will hit back for a huge amount of damage.

rc22-reshiram.jpg

43-kyurem.jpg

115-zekrom.jpg

Danzeva

Aspiring Trainer
Ah, thanks alot! So I would be limited to just the outrage attack. Hmm, I like the outrage just not the idea that I can only use one attack. Do you know of a different pokemon with a similar effect that can provide some more versatility?? I'll also look my self to see what I can find.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
Outrage is all they are really good for. They are really successful in Donphan decks. Also you could try Robo Substitute. No prizes taken for knocking it out.

Danzeva

Aspiring Trainer
Well, it did cross my mind. I just don't know if its a good idea because it allows free set ups for your opponent. I don't think I can put it in the bench.

Luxiel

Aspiring Trainer
Danzeva said:
Well, it did cross my mind. I just don't know if its a good idea because it allows free set ups for your opponent. I don't think I can put it in the bench.

If you are talking about Robo Substitute, they can ONLY be put in your bench.

They are trainers until played, which makes impossible to start the game with them. They become pure, unretreating 30HP Basics once they are played, which can only happen when you can play an item, meaning you can't play they as the active pokémon, hence, they are, obligatory, played in your bench,

Danzeva

Aspiring Trainer

Thanks for the explanation that makes alot of sense. But in other words it can be benched then switched into. I still would not play it just becuase it gives free set up to your oppnonent. Any one smart wont immediately destroy it. It can allow for set ups of our own to recover the loop, I dont know it seems good but theres some thing about it I dont like.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Danzeva said:

Thanks for the explanation that makes alot of sense. But in other words it can be benched then switched into. I still would not play it just becuase it gives free set up to your oppnonent. Any one smart wont immediately destroy it. It can allow for set ups of our own to recover the loop, I dont know it seems good but theres some thing about it I dont like.

Not necessarily. You can discard the substitute whenever you want so you get the first attack again.

Danzeva

Aspiring Trainer

Holy cow, that is exactly how it reads too! This could be huge in the deck!! How many should I put in? This card will be seeing alot of play this meta I bet.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Danzeva said:

Holy cow, that is exactly how it reads too! This could be huge in the deck!! How many should I put in? This card will be seeing alot of play this meta I bet.

Honestly it depends. The sub takes up place in a deck that some decks cannot allow.
However, hitmontop really needs to be subbed for something else (Hawlucha?). It is only useful for a very small (nearly useless) draw power (40 for 3 energy? No way).

Also, you are lacking on draw support. I would say that there is 1 to many Fan Clubs (-1 Club +1 Ultra Ball), particularly if you have four Korrina.
Also, there is probably too much energy. Your main attacks use one energy (Hawlucha and Meinfoo), Lopunny should only be used to make big damage. Lopunny may even need to be removed for some other set, such as a powerful F EX or Machamp line (extra fighting damage). I'm pretty sure it can't benefit from the focus sash, korrina or special F energy.

If you set up two machamps and a meinfoo with band and two special energy you can do 120 damage. 150 to EX with fighting stadium. Without band: 100 or 130. Four Machamp = 140 or 170 with band, 120, 150 without.

Also, have you thought about adding landorous (non-EX)? The pokemon can get fighting energy onto Pokemon by attacking.

Danzeva

Aspiring Trainer

Yeah I agree I am having a hard time with building a good trainer/item/stadium line up. I do how ever have 1x Hawlucha and Hitmontop will probably be leaving the core build as soon as I can figure out what to replace him with.

The loop is not about sweeping but safely applying damage each turn. It takes a bit of finesse and field control, once you get going though there few things your opponent can do to break the loop. I'm glad your realize the purpose of Lopunny. I might run it at 1x, Machamp does have a nice ability but I rather have some thing that contributes to the loop. The loop is the main winning condition and the theme of the deck. I am considering the Robo Subsitute or may be some Out Rage wall Pokemon. I will be adding that Ultra ball but what should I replace the Energy Cards for?