Discussion MGardevoir/Xerneas/?

FierySplash

Aspiring Trainer
I'm making a Gardevoir deck and was wondering if I should use Aromatisse 3-2 lineup with the 6DC confusion or a 2-2-2-2 Florges Break lineup?

Last edited:
Are you looking to create a standard deck for the 2017 season, standard for 2016 (which is tournament legal until September 1st), or Expanded? That could significantly change the types of cards recommended.

Also, what M Gardevoir are you looking to use? Primal Clash, or Steam Siege?

I still have 4 leagues before rotation... Maybe not everybody is limiting themselves to post rotation.

I ran 1-1 aromatisse and it worked very well with the old m gardevoir and giratina / hydreigon. I would possibly run 1 of the new m gardevoir when its legal, but my deck centered around the brilliant arrow attack. It would incorporate well with the new xerneas-break. I did 3-3-2 gardevoir/mega/spirit link. M gardevoir really relies on energy acceleration in generous proportions such as max elixir, double dragon, and geomancy. Aromatisse isn't as important as it was before, but its still good. I used shaymin for draw vs slurpuff PHF, but I had high pokemon counts already and 2x shaymin 1x hoopa seemed faster. Florges break will be too inconsistent at 2-2-2-2, anything like that tends to want rare candy or 3-3-2-1 / 3-3-2-2 / 3-3-3-2. Its a lot of deck space for something that will take a long time for not much return.

I still have 4 leagues before rotation... Maybe not everybody is limiting themselves to post rotation.

I ran 1-1 aromatisse and it worked very well with the old m gardevoir and giratina / hydreigon. I would possibly run 1 of the new m gardevoir when its legal, but my deck centered around the brilliant arrow attack. It would incorporate well with the new xerneas-break. I did 3-3-2 gardevoir/mega/spirit link. M gardevoir really relies on energy acceleration in generous proportions such as max elixir, double dragon, and geomancy. Aromatisse isn't as important as it was before, but its still good. I used shaymin for draw vs slurpuff PHF, but I had high pokemon counts already and 2x shaymin 1x hoopa seemed faster. Florges break will be too inconsistent at 2-2-2-2, anything like that tends to want rare candy or 3-3-2-1 / 3-3-2-2 / 3-3-3-2. Its a lot of deck space for something that will take a long time for not much return.
decklist? i have 3 xerneas breaks and was looking for something with aromatisse but all the lists i saw were for after rotation

##Pokémon - 17

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 1 Giratina-EX AOR 57
* 1 Hydreigon-EX ROS 62
* 1 Gardevoir-EX PRC 105
* 2 Gardevoir-EX GEN 130
* 3 M Gardevoir-EX GEN 131
* 1 Spritzee BKP 84
* 1 Aromatisse XY 93
* 4 Xerneas XY 96
* 1 Hoopa-EX AOR 36

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Gardevoir Spirit Link PRC 130
* 2 N FAC 105
* 3 Fairy Garden XY 117
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 1 AZ PHF 91
* 3 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 3 Professor Sycamore XY 122
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 15

* 11 Fairy Energy GEN 83
* 4 Double Dragon Energy ROS 97

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

That's the deck exactly as I ran it... It did well with max elixir, and I ended up going 4-0 with it. I had a couple of really poor starts and one game was able to come back when my opponent had taken 4 prizes to my 0. One of the poor starts was really bad luck, like Y // Y // Spirit Link // Y // Y // Hoopa-Ex // max elixir // fairy garden.

That's a tough one, but for the 2 weeks that both aromatisse and xerneas break are legal I would say -1 fighting fury belt, -1 m gardevoir. The last -1 probably depends on your meta but I guess hex maniac becomes less important for me and I can't imagine dropping anything else. 3 sycamore is the minimum I feel, even with 4 vs seeker and 2 compressor. Honestly looking at the list on TCGO I would have maybe gone to 3 compressor and dropped an N or m gardevoir last weekend. 3 ultra ball is questionable as well, imagine it could have improved one of the poor starts to have an ultra ball. Max elixir makes shuffling well even more important!

The deck is for 2017 standard and I was wondering if I should go with the Steam Siege or Primal Clash M Gardi & Gardi. Thinking about using the Primal clash ones currently as I have been doing well with them on TCG One.

Gardevoir from Steam Siege is far better than the one from PCL, but the M Gardevoir of PCL is better than the one from STS.

So, if Gardevoir is the main attacker of the deck, I would run 3 Gardevoir STS and 2-1 M Gardevoir from PCL/STS respectively.

Gardevoir from Steam Siege is far better than the one from PCL, but the M Gardevoir of PCL is better than the one from STS.

So, if Gardevoir is the main attacker of the deck, I would run 3 Gardevoir STS and 2-1 M Gardevoir from PCL/STS respectively.
Thanks for the fairy good advice, time to get these Fairies up and running!

3 Gardevoir EX - STS
2 MGardevoir - PCL

But doesn't the constant discard become annoying? Or does the extra damage and extra attack become the main reason why an STS Gardi EX beats a PCL Gardi EX.

If you use the deck, be sure to add Hoopa, Sacred Ash, and skyfield. In order to create the loop for knock out power you need Sacred Ash. 2 hoopas work well with the three cards I mentioned. You want a full xernias line with 2 breaks and full line of shaymins. The trick card you could play is Hawluchwa (ss). Haluchawa grantees the switch which allows for the lysandre to get around Jolteon EX. I say this because I don't see a Pokemon ranger.

Mega turbo works better than max elixir, when it comes to current format. You run battle compressor for mega turbo.

The objective of the deck is keep looping in pokemon to allow for the knockout. Another card to consider in expanded is Eggs. Eggs will work well in the deck.

Good Luck.

If you use the deck, be sure to add Hoopa, Sacred Ash, and skyfield. In order to create the loop for knock out power you need Sacred Ash. 2 hoopas work well with the three cards I mentioned. You want a full xernias line with 2 breaks and full line of shaymins. The trick card you could play is Hawluchwa (ss). Haluchawa grantees the switch which allows for the lysandre to get around Jolteon EX. I say this because I don't see a Pokemon ranger.

Mega turbo works better than max elixir, when it comes to current format. You run battle compressor for mega turbo.

The objective of the deck is keep looping in pokemon to allow for the knockout. Another card to consider in expanded is Eggs. Eggs will work well in the deck.

Good Luck.
Thanks for the advice although most of the cards you listed will only be usable till September. I was planning a Sceptile/Ariados/Regice deck, how is that one compared to my new fairy one that is in progress? One thing I have personally noticed is that the damage potential is certainly higher when it comes to this deck as it scales with attached energy.

-Current List-
- 2 Mega Gardevoir PCL
- 3 Gardevoir EX - STS? PCL? PCL works better with the MGardevoir from PCL itself, as it keeps energy intact
- 2 Xerneas (Geomancy)
- 1 Xerneas EX
- 1 Hoopa EX
- 2-2-2 Florges Line - Calming Aroma

Last edited:
Thanks for the fairy good advice, time to get these Fairies up and running!

3 Gardevoir EX - STS
2 MGardevoir - PCL

But doesn't the constant discard become annoying? Or does the extra damage and extra attack become the main reason why an STS Gardi EX beats a PCL Gardi EX.

I suggested one STS-MGarde as a tech because of it's dual type, is a hard counter against Mewtwo, Alakazam or anything that has psychic weakness. That way it would be 3-3 line of Garde and MGarde which help with consistency.

The STS-Gardi EX beats the PCL one because it's attacks are far better. For example, Link Blast can hit for 100 very easily in 1 turn with max elixir.

What do you guys think about adding Garbodor in this deck? (2017 rotation)
Is Florges more important? Also if you run Florges would you also run Rare Candy?

What do you guys think about adding Garbodor in this deck? (2017 rotation)
Is Florges more important? Also if you run Florges would you also run Rare Candy?

With a deck that already has so many evolutions, I wouldn't run Florges, it is way too cloggy and isn't necessary. My personal Xerneas BREAK list uses Xerneas, Xerneas BREAK, Dragon toolbox, and Garbodor. I am also using Time Puzzle right now, and it has been working out well. Using EXP share on Garbodor, to conserve energy. With this you get a super fast deck, that has some tech potential. Don't need Float Stone on Garbodor due to Fairy Garden so that saves space. Garbodor is really necessary for this deck so it can stall out certain matchups, especially Rayquaza.

With a deck that already has so many evolutions, I wouldn't run Florges, it is way too cloggy and isn't necessary. My personal Xerneas BREAK list uses Xerneas, Xerneas BREAK, Dragon toolbox, and Garbodor. I am also using Time Puzzle right now, and it has been working out well. Using EXP share on Garbodor, to conserve energy. With this you get a super fast deck, that has some tech potential. Don't need Float Stone on Garbodor due to Fairy Garden so that saves space. Garbodor is really necessary for this deck so it can stall out certain matchups, especially Rayquaza.
I've actually droppped the idea of making this deck since it almost always loses to MMewtwo which is going to be a highly played deck this coming rotation and have chosen to go with a Disruptive Palkia deck.

I've actually droppped the idea of making this deck since it almost always loses to MMewtwo which is going to be a highly played deck this coming rotation and have chosen to go with a Disruptive Palkia deck.

Don't give up on that deck!

With Xerneas BREAK, you don't need Brilliant Arrow M Gardevoir-EX... Put in 2 of the dual-type MGardevoir, drop the Brilliant arrow mega, and let a 3-2 Xerneas BREAK line do the energy-based damage when necessary, and in case they fall, use super rods to get them back in play, if only back in deck! Oh, and drop Florges, as you need more space for the likes of Garbotoxin and Giratina-EX(which counters megas by nullifying and voiding damage and effects from such, assuming you have fairy garden, and choose not to activate garbotoxin, but nevertheless keeping Garbodor itself in play, without a tool but Fairy Garden and 1 fairy energy to ensure Giratina-EX's ability is active until the time comes when you don't need the ability active), complete w/ Double Dragon Energy to power up Giratina's attack that forces the likes of Mewtwo-EX to waste a turn mega evolving(in case he didn't already do so before the use of chaos wheel), as well as making special energy attachments a no-go w/o Ranger...

As for the dual-type Mega, you can use it as your shaymin-EX discard means(making skyfield moot to be replaced by fairy garden in this deck), as well as a Mega Mewtwo-EX counter... Just watch out for Magearna-EX, however... If necessary, weakness policy on M Gardy to turn a 1HKO to a 3HKO w/ the effect that halves that metal critter's attack power before Weakness/Resistance is considered...

Last edited:
Don't give up on that deck!

With Xerneas BREAK, you don't need Brilliant Arrow M Gardevoir-EX... Put in 2 of the dual-type MGardevoir, drop the Brilliant arrow mega, and let a 3-2 Xerneas BREAK line do the energy-based damage when necessary, and in case they fall, use super rods to get them back in play, if only back in deck! Oh, and drop Florges, as you need more space for the likes of Garbotoxin and Giratina-EX(which counters megas by nullifying and voiding damage and effects from such, assuming you have fairy garden, and choose not to activate garbotoxin, but nevertheless keeping Garbodor itself in play, without a tool but Fairy Garden and 1 fairy energy to ensure Giratina-EX's ability is active until the time comes when you don't need the ability active), complete w/ Double Dragon Energy to power up Giratina's attack that forces the likes of Mewtwo-EX to waste a turn mega evolving(in case he didn't already do so before the use of chaos wheel), as well as making special energy attachments a no-go w/o Ranger...

As for the dual-type Mega, you can use it as your shaymin-EX discard means(making skyfield moot to be replaced by fairy garden in this deck), as well as a Mega Mewtwo-EX counter... Just watch out for Magearna-EX, however... If necessary, weakness policy on M Gardy to turn a 1HKO to a 3HKO w/ the effect that halves that metal critter's attack power before Weakness/Resistance is considered...

Considering the fact that you added a Shaymin=(Free Prize Cards) into my deck, I'm not gonna likely build it because a single copy of Xerneas Break is $10.99. On the other hand, my Palkia deck does well against a variety of decks and shuts the opponent's energy flow almost completely. I was building a Sceptile deck before the fairy and Palkia one but stopped because of the cost of the deck and it was harder to get those KO's because of the lower damage.

Last edited:
Considering the fact that you added a Shaymin=(Free Prize Cards) into my deck, I'm not gonna likely build it because a single copy of Xerneas Break is $10.99. On the other hand, my Palkia deck does well against a variety of decks and shuts the opponent's energy flow almost completely. I was building a Sceptile deck before the fairy and Palkia one but stopped because of the cost of the deck and it was harder to get those KO's because of the lower damage.

^ Well, at least I tried to convince...

...but I respect your opinion on price of deck and the huge gamble pricey decks require(and pricey decks make one miserable if it goes wrong, and if their value decreases later, it makes the gamble inferior to the attractiveness of budget decks like the old Night March, Rainbow Force(without EXes), among other budget deck examples)...

...Have fun w/ Palkia...

^ Well, at least I tried to convince...

...but I respect your opinion on price of deck and the huge gamble pricey decks require(and pricey decks make one miserable if it goes wrong, and if their value decreases later, it makes the gamble inferior to the attractiveness of budget decks like the old Night March, Rainbow Force(without EXes), among other budget deck examples)...

...Have fun w/ Palkia...
Thanks bud, plus if I was making a Shaymin Deck last year it would've been deifferent as Shaymin would've gotten me through two rotations. But this year Shaymin will only give me a season of use and will then be rotated out. :D

Back