• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mewtwo-GX / Zoroark-GX

Defiance

Aspiring Trainer
First the decklist:

Pokemon: [11]
Mewtwo-GX - 3
Zoroark-GX - 3
Zorua - 3
Tapu-Lele - 1
Marshadow-GX - 1

Trainers: [35]
Professor Sycamore - 2
N - 3
Guzma - 4
Cynthia - 4
Mallow - 2
Choice Band - 4
Ultra Ball - 4
Parallel City - 2
Rescue Stretcher - 1
Max Elixir - 4
Bridgette - 2
Field Blower - 3

Energy: [13]
Psychic - 9
Double Colorless - 4

Ok, so I cant for the life of me remember the last two cards. But I'll update the list when I get home.

Otherwise, looking at this list -- could you guys help me optimize it? I feel like it has good synergy and runs similar to Buzzwole -- minus the strong energies. As such is the case -- I've considered changing the Choice Bands for Fighting Fury Belts; which would push the Mewtwo-GX HP to 230 and the Marshadow-GX HP to 190. Which is an awkward number for the Zoroark revenge shots to hit.

It's nowhere near similar to buzzwole, its attacks are pretty mediocre, the first needs a shit ton of energy to get the job done, the second isn't that good, and the GX, while decent, needs 3 psychic energies, that are impossible to charge in this version, and max elixir is not that useful since you are going to charge only Mewtwo, and as I said it's not that good an attacker.

I agree with @Eltyr , Mewtwo GX is just not a good attacker at the moment. You would really only play this to counter stuff like Lucario and Buzzwole, but if anyone happens to be running Mew EX, you're going to get hurt really bad.

I was thinking of using this with Lunala Prism star to accelerate energy, but even then its still going to be difficult to do anything useful. Lunala Prism is weak to Zoroark so it will instantly get knocked out and Zoroark is resistant to psychic so you can't really 1 shot a Zoroark GX anyways.

Actually it is possible to KO a zoroark with mewtwo gx with its gx attack and choice band. :)

Back