Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
As predicted, September’s V-UNION Box is actually three boxes featuring Mewtwo V-UNION, Greninja V-UNION, and Zacian V-UNION!

Mewtwo-V-Union-Special-Collection_EN-1619x1200-bd93c0f-200x148.jpg

Greninja-V-Union-Special-Collection_EN-1619x1200-bd93c0f-200x148.jpg

Zacian-V-Union-Special-Collection_EN-1619x1200-bd93c0f-200x148.jpg

Mewtwo-V-Union-Special-Collection_Back_EN-2003x1200-bd93c0f-200x120.jpg

Greninja-V-Union-Special-Collection_Back_EN-2003x1200-bd93c0f-200x120.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Well, THANK GOD these are just gonna be promos. I would've temporarily quit collecting if these were in actual sets!

vexel

Aspiring Trainer
Glad to see we're getting them as promos as well. Curious to see how powerful the V unions in the Nov set will be though given the promos tend to be underwhelming compared to new mechanics in the actual set.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Once you have all 4 pieces in the discard pile can you just play the 1 card promo?
I'd think it's unwieldy to ask someone to lay the V-UNION card out in full as it's "intended" to look, so you'd just play the one in the active/bench position as relevant, but as a courtesy the other three cards should be laid out somewhere so people don't have to go off memory (or constantly check their own/their opponent's discard) the full fleet of the card's power.

i.e. you don't want a Yu-Gi-Oh! anime scenario where you're activating 'secret abilities' your opponent didn't even realize existed.

HudsonChen

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon V-UNION is a powerful Pokemon V that fights in groups of four!

It's neither a basic Pokemon nor an evolved Pokemon, and you can't put it into play from your hand, but you can combine the four types of Pokemon V-UNION cards with the same name in your discard pile and put them on the bench as one Pokemon!

A Pokemon V-UNION with the same name can only be put into play once during a match, but a Pokemon V-UNION with a different name can be put into play even if another Pokemon V-UNION is already in play.

Pokemon V-UNION has high HP and 4 powerful tricks, and when it is knocked out , the opponent can take 3 prize cards.

More details still have to wait TPCi official.

Here’s the news from:

I can’t wait for it !

Attachments

• 8E7A47F6-7704-41ED-8F08-BB604F7E0246.png
    8E7A47F6-7704-41ED-8F08-BB604F7E0246.png
    793.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Can someone track these SWSH Promos? The numbers are getting out of hand. We're at the second year of the SWSH era and we hit #178 already.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
It's $30 for the box with four booster packs, so $14 for a V-UNION set alone? I know you only need one set of them, but these will be kind of expensive...
Competitively viable V-Union will probably cost at least this much as a set. And I’m PRETTY sure that Greninja V-Union will be competitively viable.
How much will it cost to complete one of these sets by buying single cards? Not sure. Most promo Vs are currently sitting at about $1 or $2, and since these are popular Pokémon, I would estimate about $8 as a set once the prices have cooled down, but I’m probably not very accurate in that guess.
If you think about it, this isn’t much different than buying a $40, six pack Premium Collection, where you pay $16 for the promo cards, coin, and pin. If you’ve ever bought a Premium Collection, buying one of these shouldn’t seem like such a bad deal. It all comes down to your personal decision on whether to buy the sealed product or the singles.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
I will probably get the jumbo cards themselves over the pieces in this scenario. The art is gorgeous but the split cards really wrecks it for me.

Ranger64

Mewtwo Mastermind
I've been waiting so long for a box or collection featuring Mewtwo, and this is by far the most amazing thing I could have imagined. I cannot wait for when I can buy this! the art on the Mewtwo is amazing!

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
I will probably get the jumbo cards themselves over the pieces in this scenario. The art is gorgeous but the split cards really wrecks it for me.
Just a friendly reminder that you still need the pieces to play, though I doubt that you’ve forgotten that.
ALTHOUGH, I must admit that I’m not too keen on collecting the 4x4 cards... not because they look bad (they don’t), or because I am bothered by their broken up nature (I’m not particularly bothered by it, although that may change), but because I have a 3x3 binder and not a 2x2 or 4x4, and it’s gonna be a pain to only have a single V-Union fit on one page.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Just a friendly reminder that you still need the pieces to play, though I doubt that you’ve forgotten that.
ALTHOUGH, I must admit that I’m not too keen on collecting the 4x4 cards... not because they look bad (they don’t), or because I am bothered by their broken up nature (I’m not particularly bothered by it, although that may change), but because I have a 3x3 binder and not a 2x2 or 4x4, and it’s gonna be a pain to only have a single V-Union fit on one page.
I am fully aware you need them to play

I don't ever really intend to play the card game again unless that supposed Evolution format happens. While I may get these boxes for the jumbo cards and packs, the V-unions might be shoved into my 2x2 binder. Regardless, they have no play value to me.