XY Mewtwo forme/Mewthree speculation.

Ysmir

Retired Mod
So like many I tuned into Pokemon Smash today where Junichi unveiled a possible new form/new pokemon related to/of Mewtwo. Most thought at first it was just a new form, while GF and Pokemon Co. aren't denying a connection they are adamant about both being two distinct beings.
proxy.jpg

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/vk_YC0MXJ-0[/video]
What are your thoughts on this? Is it just a new form? A new pokemon? Mewthree? How does this impact the Clone story of Mewtwo and Mew? Sound off below!

RE: Mewthing speculation.

I think it is the failed clones of mew. Which is why it looks more like a baby mewtwo, has a tail on the head, and the little crest thingy on the head is connected.

It wouldn't necessarily have to be a failed clone, just a different one. But yeah, the U.S. page's update has me thinking it's a new species, too, but it could just be that they're being cagey about it being a Forme. Also, I like "Mewthing". Though "Mewnew" might be more apropos.

I have to wonder if there's any significance that it's a redder purple color than original-recipe Mewtwo - possibly to mirror the red Genesect?

This is sort of unrelated but is related....with this new reveal I smell a new Pokemon Ex (or whatever special type X/Y brings to the TCG ex: ex, Ex, Great) of Mewthing, Mewtwo, and Mew....maybe.

The New Revealed Pokemon

What is this new Pokemon that bears a resembelance to Mewtwo?

I think it's Mewthree, I hope it's not Mewtwo.

[private]I merged the threads.~KA[/private]

RE: The New Revealed Pokemon

I don't think it might be Mewtwo. It says it in the Pokemon.com website "Who is this NEW Pokemon?" And it also said that it resembles Mewtwo. So it is unlikely that it IS Mewtwo. Thank you for being so kind to me!

^and the biggest piece of evidence is where it is mentioned that it's a 'new Pokemon with a familiar design'.

I just wanna know how it fits in with Mew/two. I'm thinking a halfway state between the two maybe?
Or it could (extremely unlikely) be a midway evolutionary state between Mew/two.

If this thing I ends up better than Mewtwo then I'll make a team to counter it when someone is using legendarys

Its Mewtwo. "Mewthree" appeared in the poster of the movie in the middle and big. Mewtwo is the star. If you watch the trailer of the movie that Pokemon Smash aired, you will notice how Mewtwo glows when he saves Ash. They are just trolling to make us think it is a new Pokemon.

I really like the design now seeing the full art work. It does look like something out of dragon ball Z but it still retain elements that makes it a Pokemon. Can see it being an event only Pokemon which could be a pain but I like it.

I just hope it isn't a different forme of Mewtwo. I can't see how it would be as it looks far too different to be a forme of it but it can easily be Mewthree.

Flygon2071 said:
Its Mewtwo. "Mewthree" appeared in the poster of the movie in the middle and big. Mewtwo is the star. If you watch the trailer of the movie that Pokemon Smash aired, you will notice how Mewtwo glows when he saves Ash. They are just trolling to make us think it is a new Pokemon.

Sorry, but this quote from Pokemon.com pretty much confirms that it's a different Pokemon:
It’s been more than a month since the reveal of Sylveon—the newest evolution of Eevee. Fans have debated which type this new Pokémon will be when it debuts in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, launching worldwide in October. Today, the mysteries of the newest Pokémon titles continue to grow with the unveiling of a Pokémon that is strangely familiar to Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo! This special reveal was made just moments ago on the “Pokémon Smash” television show in Japan.

This new Pokémon shares many traits with Mewtwo and it’s suspected that the newly discovered Pokémon has a connection with Mewtwo—a powerful Pokémon that debuted in Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue.

What is this new Pokémon? How will you encounter it in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y? When will you know more? One thing is clear, your readers will certainly want to debate the meaning of this new Pokémon!

Personally, I think that it's another group's attempt at cloning Mew. This does fit with the whole genetic theme X and Y have going on.
Ka$h Money said:
I really like the design now seeing the full art work. It does look like something out of dragon ball Z but it still retain elements that makes it a Pokemon. Can see it being an event only Pokemon which could be a pain but I like it.

I just hope it isn't a different forme of Mewtwo. I can't see how it would be as it looks far too different to be a forme of it but it can easily be Mewthree.
Mewbuu?

I have read it. They tried to make the Kyurem forms pass as another Pokemon. I would prefer if it is a new Pokemon just that I don't think it is. The movie will reveal it (if Corocoro/Smash doesn't do it first) if it is a new Pokemon or a new form of Mewtwo. Maybe the trailer on the 18th can tell us which on is which.

Flygon2071 said:
I have read it. They tried to make the Kyurem forms pass as another Pokemon. I would prefer if it is a new Pokemon just that I don't think it is. The movie will reveal it (if Corocoro/Smash doesn't do it first) if it is a new Pokemon or a new form of Mewtwo. Maybe the trailer on the 18th can tell us which on is which.

I don't think they specifically said that Black and White Kyurem look like Kyurem but aren't Kyurem like they're doing with Mewbuu.

Mewthree seems like it would be overdoing it. Also, I don't think Mewtwo would let the same thing that happened to him happen to another Pokemon. It might be an evolution of mew, and that's why Mewtwo so similar, because they have similar DNA?

I think that the enemy team(s) of this gen will try to recreate a new Mewtwo, but there was an error in the DNA synthesis that created this "Mewtant" instead of a real Mewtwo or an improved version of it. I also hope that Mewtant is its real name, not "Mewthree," as that is too unoriginal.

>trying to recreate Mewtwo
> Mewtwo
> Team Rocket
> Zubats are back!
> New alternate evolution line for Zubat

I already posted this on another thread but thought it was also fully relevant here:

What if this new Mewtwo related Pokemon... Is actually the Z Pokemon to Xerneas and Yveltal? I could see the tail possibly making a Z shape, and it could make sense as this new Mew could be the last of the Mew incarnations (Z being the last letter of the alphabet). Also if you look at its head, the horns and the circle make an Omega shape (Omega is the last letter in the Greek alphabet).

I would think that seeing as they revealed this new (obvious legendary) to us so early that it has something to do with the main storyline of X and Y. I also think that this reveal somewhat proves the semi-obvious DNA theme of these games/ this generation. Maybe the evil team is trying to get Xerneas or Yveltal to create the final Mew clone (Omega-Mew-Z).[/align]

I think that B2W2's DNA splicer will reappear (but as a newer and improved version) as well as Gen II's Berserk Gene that Mewtwo held. I think that both of these will be critical to the plot and used to synthesize Mewtwo, but fails and creates Mewtant instead.

Luigi08 said:
I already posted this on another thread but thought it was also fully relevant here:

What if this new Mewtwo related Pokemon... Is actually the Z Pokemon to Xerneas and Yveltal? I could see the tail possibly making a Z shape, and it could make sense as this new Mew could be the last of the Mew incarnations (Z being the last letter of the alphabet). Also if you look at its head, the horns and the circle make an Omega shape (Omega is the last letter in the Greek alphabet).

I would think that seeing as they revealed this new (obvious legendary) to us so early that it has something to do with the main storyline of X and Y. I also think that this reveal somewhat proves the semi-obvious DNA theme of these games/ this generation. Maybe the evil team is trying to get Xerneas or Yveltal to create the final Mew clone (Omega-Mew-Z).[/align]

i kinda like that. if they could incorporate the word omega into the name. that would be awesome! and the species could be the omega pokemon. then if they could raise his stats to 720 so all these arceus fans can stop using base stat total as there only reason arceus is better than mewtwo. haha

Last edited:
Back