• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

MEWGAR (REDSHARK)

PAN3KILL3R

three words: Gary @#$%^& Oak
I added a couple techs to this rather straightforward mewgar list in order to try and make the disruption go one step further against my opponent. I added a jirachi to put the opponents evolved pokemon back into there hands in the event that they used a rare candy to evolve them for major disruption. I also added a shaymin to move the energies jirachi brings out of the discard to my mews and or gengars. mr. mime is used for the peek at the opponents hand and spiritomb is used for refreshing the opponents hand to hopefully fill it with pokemon to hurl into darkness. Im sure i didnt need to explain that so I wont even go into explaining the seekers and such. im sure this deck has its flaws so any constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated.

Pokemon (17)

4 mew prime
3-1-4 Gengar prime
1 Mr. Mime COL
2 spiritomb TR
1 shaymin UL
1 jirachi UD

Trainers (12)

1 super scoop up
2 dual ball
3 rare candy
4 communication
2 Lost World

Supporters (18)

3 collector
4 Seeker
1 flower shop lady
1 Prof. Juniper
4 Judge
4 Twins
1 Elms Training Method

Energy (13)

10 {P}
3 rescue

13+18+12+17 = 60 thanks again ahead of time for the input guys:)

I suggest Mime Junior and a Slowking line to stall your opponent and for additional shots at lost zoning pokemon. I don't use mewgar, but I have faced a mewgar with that combo. It is annoying!

thank you for the reply. what would u recommend I remove in order to add these pokemon? and how many? the list is pretty tight as it is so I would def need an idea of what to remove. thanks again!

That is totally up to you. I do have some questions about your deck that might help you make the appropriate changes.

What is the focus here? Are you trying to ko your opponent's pokemon or do you want to win with Lost Zone?
Why are you using Shaymin and Jirachi?
Why Super Scoop Up and no Junk Arm?
Why 2 Dual Ball and only 3 Collector?
Why Judge and only 1 Mr. Mime?
Why Elm and such a heavy Gengar line?
Why so many Rare Candy?

I would add another mime, that way you can trick reveal, if nothing drop a spiritomb and spooky whirlpool, then use 2nd mime to trick reveal again to check hand. You can't afford to risk not hurling, you need to hurl atleast 1 poke everyturn from 2nd turn

PAN3KILL3R said:
thank you for the reply. what would u recommend I remove in order to add these pokemon? and how many? the list is pretty tight as it is so I would def need an idea of what to remove. thanks again!

If you added this combo in, you would remove all 4 mew's as mime jr would become your new starter! Then drop 4 cards somewhere else for the 2-2 slowking line

PhoenixA2Z said:
That is totally up to you. I do have some questions about your deck that might help you make the appropriate changes.

What is the focus here? Are you trying to ko your opponent's pokemon or do you want to win with Lost Zone?
Why are you using Shaymin and Jirachi?
Why Super Scoop Up and no Junk Arm?
Why 2 Dual Ball and only 3 Collector?
Why Judge and only 1 Mr. Mime?
Why Elm and such a heavy Gengar line?
Why so many Rare Candy?

1.lost zone preferably
2. just to pull up anyone from shaymin to spiritomb
3. dual balls dont use up my supporter space 4 the turn
4. I usually dont have a problem getting out the mime only having 1
5. to set up gengar and also be able to lost zone 1 early game with less worrying about prizes. I consider elm like the new luxury ball so I treat it as that (even tho its a supporter and only searches for evolutions).
6. I mean im not sure. I just run one haunter so I guess I dont want to be stranded if its prized. I guess I could run 2 maybe.

If you run Judge and Spiritomb, you should run a second Mr. Mime, so you have the possibility for using trick reveal twice a turn.

I have to agree with loosing the Mew Primes. Sure they are great as a potential 2nd turn lost zone but unless your playing Absol Prime Mew really cant do alot other than LZ 1 Pokémon then get swept up right away and having more than one on the bench is kind of a huge risk with so many playing reversal now and playing it well.

Side note with absol prime - if you are going to add one or two in you may as well be playing LostCario.

but back on topic - I would add in

+ 2 Mr Mime
+ 2-3 Mime Jr

-4 Mew Prime
- Shaymin
- Jirachi

if you go with those changes you have an extra spot that you can fill with something that might help you out. The main problem with lostgar - esp in this format - is that it cant take prizes as you are relying on your opposition to have Pokémon to lz. With that In mind your extra card could be something like Zekrom/Reshiram or even add in some more supporters/trainers to get a speedy t2/3 set up

Ill switch out the mew primes so I can playtest the mime junior method. ill also try running another mr. mime because thats a pretty good idea using judge and dual trick reveals. if I can get someone to play with me soon enough I will post the results. THANK YOU EVERYONE for the help! keep it coming!

off topic but a quick question. how do I play people on redshark? I want to test this deck but Im not sure if I will have someone to play with 2moro. thanks.

EDIT: nevermind found the thread.

any more Ideas before I switch the deck up? I have someone down to play a bunch of games 2moro and I plan on playing this original decklist and a couple modified decklists utilizing some if not most of the suggestions given to me by you guys.

The thing I found out while trying to play Mewgar is that mew just dies too easy. Sure it speeds you up lost zoning pokemon if you can get him active and a psy energy on him turn 1. If its anything beyond that you are just wasting time with Mew and feeding your opp prizes. The best combo I found for a lost zone deck in this rotation is Mime Jr. with Gengar. You can but don't have to add in Slowking but it can help mess up your opponent pretty badly.

I'd do this;
-1 SSU
-2 Dual Ball
-1 Twin's

+4 PONT

-1 Judge - 3's enough
-1 Twin - Do you really think youll be that far behind.
And you have enough supporters
+2 Mime Jr - Great starter and for disruption

I'm still testing my deck, am currently using Mew/Gengar mix
Good that your going with dual trick reveal, really makes it worth it as all the forced shuffling with Judge / Spiritomb is quite pointless if you can't see what's in there.

If you are going to add in mime jr, add in slowking (non-prime) aswell to control your opponents top decks.

I saw a list that ran Gengar/mime Jr/Mew and it worked very well... mew to hurl gengar and LZ, mime Jr to LZ with slowking (second sight) and the option to rare candy into gengar prime for late game hurls aswell. Gives you options and since mew/gengar/mime Jr all have free retreat you can switch between depending on situation. So many times I have found I can't get opponent to shuffle there hand and draw a pokemon, but there was one in the top 3 of there deck, so you can retreat, mime jr, LZ :D

Also add 2 switches, incase mime/spiritomb get pulled active, or if mime Jr dosen't wake up when it comes back to your turn, you can twins -> switch then keep going

Thanks again everyone the input is greatly appreciated. I was supposed to play my buddy today but he bailed out on me at the last minute :/ so as soon as I find someone to play with me I will mess around with all of these suggestions (especially the mime junior slowking bit). Thanks again and keep the Ideas flowing :D
I will post updates once I am able to find someone to battle me.

Mr.Pokemon said:
-1 Judge - 3's enough
-1 Twin - Do you really think youll be that far behind.
And you have enough supporters
+2 Mime Jr - Great starter and for disruption

I consider Twins the CYrus conspiracy for lost worlds/ mewgar decks so just like when I would use a cyrus I usually grab another twins as one of the two cards I search for to keep the consistent flow of deck searching going turn after turn. thats the reason i run 4 and it has been one of the more consistent ways for me to stay in control of my strategies and has been treating me well. I will probably keep all 4 at least for the time being. being able to search for (at the minimum) 5 different specific cards over the coarse of 3-4 turns (considering u search for a twins when using a twins like I just previously mentioned) can and will usually change the tide of the game into my favor.:cool:

cole said:
Also add 2 switches, incase mime/spiritomb get pulled active, or if mime Jr dosen't wake up when it comes back to your turn, you can twins -> switch then keep going

what do u suggest i remove?

RE: MEWGAR (REDSHARK) (Needs division in thread title)

Also going along with the mimejr idea.. You could add in UNKNOWN CURE!!!! Yep thats right, basically a searchable full heal for your mime jr :) but Ive never played this deck so idk what to take out.

RE: MEWGAR (REDSHARK) (Needs division in thread title)

PokePhenom said:
Also going along with the mimejr idea.. You could add in UNKNOWN CURE!!!! Yep thats right, basically a searchable full heal for your mime jr :) but Ive never played this deck so idk what to take out.

This is a very good idea PokePhenom. I will use this 4sure!

I played this deck running the original lineup and got a pretty good run out of it ( won against my serkomiclus deck once and won one against my reshiboar deck even though it went beast mode on me the second time around) I believe its current record sits somewhere around 4-3 against my own decks (I own a DonCHamp, Reshiboar, Cincinno toolbox, Tyranitar Toolbox, and the aforementioned Serkromiclus which runs Serperior, Zekrom, and Reuniclus). since I have a fair share of good Meta deck builds (I have very few proxies and do not skimp on the essential draw engine cards for this format for ANY of my decks) I think The record could fairly represent what it could fair against other players decks. I would like to make it better so I will try the suggestions used previuosly mentioned in this thread next. any more further suggestions before I change it up? I am hesitating removing Mew because it seems to work so well and would surely believe lostgar would fail without him so we will see how mime jr does in his place. does anyone think that it could be sagfe to run both somehow? or better yet does anyone have good experiences running both somehow? thanks ahead once again.

Back