• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mew toolbox for Nationals

Mao999

Aspiring Trainer
Hello Beachers, it's me again!
I'm very excited about the upcoming nationals in my area, and i'm willing to try something new.
I know it's a risk, but i want to give it a try!
The good thing about the toolbox idea is that every recipe is different, and tryes to achieve different goals.
Here's my list:

Pokémon 12

• 4x Mew (FAC 29/124)
  • 2x Manectric EX (PHF 11/119)
  • 2x Seismitoad EX (FFI 20/111)
  • 1x Lugia EX (AOR 68/98)
  • 2x Shaymin EX (ROS 77/108
  • 1x Jirachi (XY67)

Trainers 38

• 3x Professor Sycamore
  • 2x N
  • 1x AZ
  • 1x Xerosic
  • 1x Lysandre
  • 1x Teammates
  • 4x Ultra Ball
  • 4x Trainer's Mail
  • 4x Max Elixir
  • 4x VS Seeker
  • 1x Escape Rope
  • 1x Super Rod
  • 2x Fighting Fury Belt
  • 1x Muscle Band
  • 2x Float Stone
  • 2x Head Ringer
  • 4x Dimension Valley

Energy 9

• 2x Double Colorless Energy
  • 7x Lightning Energy

One open Spot

The strategy

The main goal of this deck is to set up as fast as possible a mew with enough energy for attack with different moves, as Quaking Punch from Seismitoad, Laser Assault from Manectric, Deep Hurricane from Lugia or Stardust from Jirachi.
This deck benefits from a low energy cost for many attacks, and thanks to Dimension Valley and mew, i can attack for a maximum of 3 energy.

I've included 4 Max elixir to give the initial boost i need to set up a mew or two, and to give this deck a minimum of consistency i've included 4 trainer's mail.

Hope in some suggestions and critiques!

Last edited:
Invest in a single jolteon EX. If you are serious about trying to do well at nats it's a small investment that could pay off in big wins. It sucks spending £20-30 on a single card but if you are already travelling to nats, paying for hotels, food etc for the weekend, time off work/school possibly. Then another £20 to have that option in your deck is worthwhile, even if it only gives you a single win then it was worth it imho.

What about adding a single copy of Lugia FC? That way you can OHKO M Alakazam if they don't have the Spirit Link or another tool (if they see Manectric EX, they can just Tool Retrieval/Xero the tool before attacking). I think it's gonna be the surprise deck from this year Nats.

What about adding a single copy of Lugia FC? That way you can OHKO M Alakazam if they don't have the Spirit Link or another tool (if they see Manectric EX, they can just Tool Retrieval/Xero the tool before attacking). I think it's gonna be the surprise deck from this year Nats.
You had a great idea!
Maybe it can fit perfectly in this deck!
But what can i replace?
In the meantime i've tweaked my list a bit :)

Invest in a single jolteon EX. If you are serious about trying to do well at nats it's a small investment that could pay off in big wins. It sucks spending £20-30 on a single card but if you are already travelling to nats, paying for hotels, food etc for the weekend, time off work/school possibly. Then another £20 to have that option in your deck is worthwhile, even if it only gives you a single win then it was worth it imho.
it's an option, and i'll take note, now that i have an open spot!
Thank you for the suggestion

Jolteon is an absolute must in this deck. You don't beat night march otherwise

i've read your story! Nice job :)
Btw, do you think it's the only way to do it?
Itemlock from seismi doen't work?
IMO I think the strongest lock with jolteon is vileplume but I do believe it can stand on its own. I would recommend running 2 jolts one glaceon if it's not too much of a problem. Also hex is a great asset around NM. If you do play against NM I actually recommend using jolteon instead of mew. This is because, they can lysandre up jolteon for 2 prizes but only lysandre mew up for one. Also this allows you to spam hex maniac against them which will make it hard for them to hit KO range early while keeping up lysandre to actually be able to hit things.

I think colorless Rayquaza EX from ROS can 2HKO shaymins for no energy so maybe a one-of is good?

I think colorless Rayquaza EX from ROS can 2HKO shaymins for no energy so maybe a one-of is good?

The problem is that anything which isn't Mew OHKOing is not worthy, as it only has 50HP (90 HP with FFB)
And @Mao999 , you can add Lugia in the open spot :)

unfortunately shaymin have 1 of retreat cost, so it's not recommended a 2hko :/
I have manectric with laser assault to 0hko

The problem is that anything which isn't Mew OHKOing is not worthy, as it only has 50HP (90 HP with FFB)
And @Mao999 , you can add Lugia in the open spot :)
I agree with you, but yesterday playtesting i had encountered a major issue i've never calculated: Zygarde EX!
Everyone remembers that that Megazord has 190HP and with FFB it reaches 230HP?
Unfortunately i haven't the damage output or weakness advantage to finish him with a single attack, and with just a Lysandre he can kill my Manectric EX in no time.
Bad matchup for me!

You could add Trevenant EX, but then you'll need either grass or rainbow energy
maybe it's better scaptile in this case!
I can replace some energy with grass type, and adding a smeargle i could discard via compressor the ones that i need to replace using second coat ability!

Don't try adding in even more energy, that's a recipe for your deck turning into one big clunky unusable mess. The deck has potential as it is, it just needs a Jolteon ex. It will all come down to your understanding of the format and being able to identify the opponents win conditions and stopping them as soon as you know what deck they are playing.

Back