Mew (Prime) from Triumphant (#97) [1/6]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
97-mew.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
2. What popular metagame decks could it be used in?
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

Posts MUST be several sentences long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted - this forum is to discuss specific cards so other people can learn about their potential in the current metagame.

1. On it's own it can't do anything.
2. Mewperior, some decks that run Mew & many techs like a Machamp, etc
3. Use it with Rhyperior X. LZ rhyperior, and use it's attack without having to do tons of evolveing
4. 4.5/5 This is an amazing card. You can swarm with them really easily and they hae a free retreat. The only problem is mews low HP.
5. 4/5 This is good Prime art. It looks like Mew is really in the lost zone :p.

1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
The card has so much potential. To see off stage 2's and use the attacks. Priceless. Lost world may change things.

Rhy X, kingdra, gengar prime to name a few.

Same as #2. Use their attacks to ruin the set up/heavy attack

4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars)
4/5 for all the potential.

5. How's the artwork?
Awesome! Best mew I've seen!

4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

1.) Mew definitely has potential as it has the ability to score prizes fast and requires very little set up. Mew however, can easily be knocked out by most competitive decks in one hit and can be locked by Diagla G Lv.X.

2.) So far Mew has primarily been used in Mewperior, Gyarados and Mewsol.

3.) Mew Prime can be used in many decks with Rhyperior Lv.X, Gyarados, Machamp, Absol Prime,Gengar Prime etc...

4.) Mew can definitely hold it ground against the majority of the format, but has trouble because of how easy it is to knocked out. 4 out of 5

5.) I think the artwork looks great, it my favorite artwork out of all the primes. 5 out of 5

The only thing going for it right off the bat is the free retreat.
The most common is MewPerior, followed by Gyardos/AMMew, and finally Mew Toolbox with Gyarados, Gengar SF, Machamp SF, etc..
Rhyperior is the best one at the moment. Along side Delcatty, you swing for 100 guaranteed, and up to 150 more at the mercy of your top decks.
This card wants to be so good, but falls short in too many ways. Dialga G Lv.X is the 2nd most played Lv.X right now, and it will make the Mew player want to die. Hoodwink kills it, Uxie+Belt, Shuppet is it's worst nightmare, and Drifloon eats Mew for breakfast then chills on the bench. The auto-loss to Dialga alone warrants no higher than a 3/5 in our current format. Add in the fact that there is almost no way to get around the prize exchange, and you get a 2/5.
5. How's the artwork?
Love it.

1. Has plenty of potential in the early game to quickly disable your opponent or in late game once you can set it up for a powerful strike.
2. Not sure.
3.Rhyperior lvl x, kingdra from LA, Absol prime perhaps and gengar prime are its best bet of teaming up.
4.4/5, short of a perfect score because of its health but with snowpoint temple you of course increase it to 80HP which is great for a basic pokemon.
5. 4/5, kind of love the artwork this time.

Obviously, Doesn't do much by itself - but, I wouldn't call it a bad card. If anything, it's EXTREMELY tradeable. People always want a Mew (Prime). I believe it is the only legal Mew in the current format. I'm pretty sure that Mew is a competitive deck, and it's worth being played if you want to have fun a do fairly at a cities or states championship, but realistically I don't think anyone sees hope for it at worlds this year.

I hear a lot of buzz about Mewperior. I wish Mew was like Ditto - but then everyone would play it :)

Mew goes well with anything that puts Pokemon in the Lost Zone. Giratina and rainbow energy X-D (okay, maybe not that - - - or, MAYBE that - hard to say...I've seen weirder things work ---WORMADAM!)

Mew Prime - 5/5. It's a good card - there is no debating that. I believe I can describe it by saying that it has potential - because it is still pretty limited right now - and pretty risky. All in all, it's fun - and that's what Pokemon is all about.

5. How's the artwork?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WOW! It's a Prime. In my opinion, Prime artwork is amazing. I haven't seen one that I haven't liked yet - not even Blissy. I can easily say it's the coolest Mew card made yet. Mr. Hideaki does a wonderful job of bringing out that innocent curriosity that Mew possesses. It's pink and puffy, but it's not just a girl thing. This picture has a wonderful feeling of the uknown about it because of the lightning and void in the background. It's fun to look at. My rating - - 9.999999999999999999999999998/10 (because nothing is perfect - and everything can improve)

1. I say you would need to have cards like rhyperior Lx.X other wise it is pretty bad.:(

2. I do not know of any.

3. In a deck use only mew primes and rhyperior LV.X's and lots of energy and cards like energy returners.

4. I give 4/5 because its low hp and good attack.

5. The artwork is pretty good. I give 5/5

1.On it's own its nothing more than a retreat caddy.

2. Mewperior, Gyarados, or any Stage-2 decks that can get sped up.

3. Rhyperior Lv. X with Delcatty, Garchomp Lv. X MD and Gyarados, Machamp SF, Kingra Prime and not, Gengar Prime, the list goes on.

4. It has low HP, but being a Basic with free retreat really makes up for it, as the swarming can quickly overwhelm your opponent. Snowpoint Temple helps, but I would never belt it. Dilaga shuts it down entirely, but with counters it's NOT an autoloss. I give it 4/5 with a VERY bright future.

5. 5/5. Not only is it THE coolest I have ever seen Mew, it's my favorite art work of any card. Ever. The cute, pink Mew being turned into a threatening beast that stares into your soul.

1.- on it's own it can't do anything
2.- i don't know
3.- you can use absol prime to attack and discard pokemons and then, you use mew's poke body.
4.- 4/5 is very powerful, is psychic type and a lot of popular decks are fighting types and the retreat cost is the best. but 60hp give the minus 1
5.- is very cool 4/5

It's worth beeing played, but it's bad on it's own. You need a combopart that is pushing it. It's low hp are a reason why it's not possible to be played easily.
Each deck can 1 hit it, in turn 1-2.
Would say: potential, with space to the top! : P

Hmm...Hard to say, in Lostgar it is quit nice, but still, I think it could be used, but there to many better options. So in the moment non.

As said Gengar Prime, Rhyperion, Gyarados many psychic Pokémon and/or Pokémon with attack not in need of an energy.

3.5/5 I think it has potential, but until now it isn't able to be used. having only 60hp it's in the donk range of every deck in the meta.
When Lost World really comes in the next set, it would make mew prime a bad card to chose.

5. How's the artwork?

I think it's great! Has something, that just looks nice, but still not the best Mew. Would say 4.5/5

^Lol, Mew is the main pokemon of the deck Lostgar (and Gengar).

I don't think so.
Think about, how bad only 60hp are.
You get beaten to death, before you can get your first price.
(60hp? Donphan, Kingdra, Machamp, Luxray GL and so on).
Rethink your idear of the deck.
I thought mew would be nice in the begining too, but in the end it's just bad...

It doesn't stand well on it's own because of it's Hp and attacks. It has some potential but overall when Lost World comes out, it won't be worth playing.
I don't know much of the Metagame, but I've heard that it's used in Lostgar and[obviously]other Lost Zone decks.
Gengar Prime is the only I've seen it be used with.
3/5 It's an okay card, but with the arrival of Lost World it will sink very quickly.
5. How's the artwork?
4.5/5 I like it. :)

1. Mew prime can't stand on it's own, but it can still work in a deck.
2. Well, MewPerior! Use either Absol prime or Mew prime to lost zone Rhyperior lv. X to let mew prime use its attacks.
3. Mew prime can use See Off (its attack) to lost zone for example Machamp SF to use its attacks on your next turn.
4. 3.5/5. It may have infinite possibilities but its hp is too low. Too bad, I wished it were good...
5. The artwork is amazing. 4.5/5!!

Guiding questions:

Definitely worth considering due to its hyped and nasty allie, Rhyperior Lv.X. I mean I used to think 90 for no energy delivered from Gyrados was brutal. Mew does have the possibility of prize thrashing any Pokemon in its path.

Mewperior is the only thing coming to my mind- maybe Gengar prime.

Obviously, 4x Buffer Piece + 4x Defenders. Maybe even 4x Snowpoint Temple's and 4x Junk Arm for extra assurance to counter Donhpan, Luxray Lv.X, Kingdra, and so forth. Machamp SF like PPP suggested, could wipe out sp's or mirror matches without decking yourself to death. You can basically use any one-energy worthy Pokemon.

3/5, which might seem kind of low to most of you; One Dialga Lv.X and Mew primes over. Then again, if you can set up a decent counter...5/5.

5. How's the artwork?
Nice, 4/5

On Its own it cannot really accomplish much without another card that would help it actually attack, there is a lot of potential for this card with the lost zone coming out in the next set (possibly). It is definatly worth being played
None that I can think of ATM
Mew with Rypherior Lv X, the hard crush combo for a max of 250 damage a turn
I rate it a 3.5/5 because it has great potential but a lack of HP to keep it running, most meta decks could one shot it

Alone, it can't do anything
The most common is MewPerior and maybe, after the release of the next set, call of legends, there will definitely be a new deck tech concentrating on the lost zone....Can work well with Gengar prime.
Rhyperior is the best one at the moment. The only down side is Dialga G Lvl x.
ability: only after the rollout, when dialga g isnt playable anymore, it will be the most played deck....but the only problem is, with dialga, rhyperior is gone too. 4/5
5. How's the artwork?
artwork: 5/5

It is quite a good card, but it is unlikely you want it on it's own since to get a pokemon in the lost zone will be sacrificing a mew, I recommend teaming with absol prime.
well it already has 2 semi popular decks of mewperior and mew toolbox
This Pokemon has a huge range of possibilities with tech ins like ryperior X, donphan, gengar SF, jumpluff, machamp SF and Garchomp X MD. All so you can have favorable match ups against certain decks all at your disposal
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars). I give it a 4 for if Dialga G lvl X wasnt so popular I would give it a better score.
5. How's the artwork?
Awesome because mews da boss!

Back