• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mew EX / Seismitoad EX / Shedinja

Mora

Don't Panic
Pokemon: 15
  • 3 Mew EX
  • 2 Seismitoad EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 3 Shedinja
  • 3 Nincada
  • 1 Virizion EX
  • 1 Mr. Mime
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 36
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 3 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Slyla
  • 2 Colress
  • 1 Teammates
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 3 Dimension Valley
  • 3 Frozen City
Energy: 7
  • 4 Rainbow Energy
  • 2 Grass Energy
  • 1 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

Shedinja is one of my favorite Pokemon, and it's typically an interesting card in the tcg. I don't usually post deck lists, especially for future formats, but this deck has really piqued my interest, so I threw a list together and thought I'd post it. Haven't played any games with it at all or anything, but I highly doubt it will end up being competitive.

The idea is to copy Shedinja's Transient Cry with Mew EX since it has a lot more HP. If you attach a Rainbow with Frozen City in play, you can do 170 with a Muscle Band for one Energy. Alternatively you could just wait for your opponent to hit your Mew or be stupid enough to use bats against it. With Dimension Valley, you can use the attack for free and copy Quaking Punch (or even Emerald Slash I guess if for whatever reason the situation warrants it) for one Energy. Rainbow and DCE also allow Mew to copy some of your opponent's attacks too and let's you take advantage of Verdant Wind. I think with Mew, Dimension Valley, and Rainbows, the deck becomes really Versatile (lol bad pun), but I'm not sure if a split stadium is viable for this deck.

I have four free slots, but I'm not sure what else to put in the deck or if I'm forgetting something. Considering Hammers, Flare Tools, or other disruption cards / techs, but I want to make sure I have the bases covered first. Let me know what you think; I'm interested in discussion and other comments / feedback / suggestions.

Shaymin-EX – Colorless – HP110
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Setup
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you play this Pokemon from your hand to your Bench, you may draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.

[C][C] Sky Return: 30 damage. Return this Pokemon and all cards attached to it to your hand.
When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1

Shedinja – Grass – HP30
Stage 1 – Evolves from Nincada

[G] Curse Rain: Put 1 damage counter on each of your opponent’s Pokemon. Then, switch this Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon.
[C] Transient Cry: 50x damage. This attack does 50 damage times the number of damage counters on this Pokemon.
Weakness: none
Resistance: none

Nincada – Grass – HP40
Basic Pokemon

[C] Stick Out: 20 damage. This Pokemon does 10 damage to itself.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none

John Riches

Aspiring Trainer
I like your idea using Mew EX. It would be a surprise for a lot of people. I would say put some more energy in your deck with the 4 free slots because other wise you will be discarding a lot of usefull cards with Ultra Balls.

appleatingoat

Aspiring Trainer
Yay! Another Shedinja fan XD. I like how you've decided on using Shaymin EX as a support factor, though I would also play sky field so you can discard them. But more to the point of the Pokémon being used, I would play execute/executor and Ghetsis along with all of the Pokémon up there. This way you can seismic punch, then remove all their items from hand with Ghetsis, blockade the rest of their hand with blockade, then come in for the Kill using Transient Cry.

Mora

Don't Panic
John Riches said:
I like your idea using Mew EX. It would be a surprise for a lot of people. I would say put some more energy in your deck with the 4 free slots because other wise you will be discarding a lot of usefull cards with Ultra Balls.

I'm not sure if any more Energy is really needed. I agree that's not a whole lot of Energy, but the main attack I will be copying costs nothing with Dimension Valley, and I have Energy for if Dimension Valley isn't in play. I might even have too many Energy. Hard to say without having tested it.

appleatingoat said:
Yay! Another Shedinja fan XD. I like how you've decided on using Shaymin EX as a support factor, though I would also play sky field so you can discard them. But more to the point of the Pokémon being used, I would play execute/executor and Ghetsis along with all of the Pokémon up there. This way you can seismic punch, then remove all their items from hand with Ghetsis, blockade the rest of their hand with blockade, then come in for the Kill using Transient Cry.

That is a completely different strategy. The only reason Seismitoad is in the deck is because it's too ridiculously good to not to play. It's not the focus.

I haven't tested the Shaymin draw engine yet. In fact I almost posted the list without it. I don't want to play a third Stadium, Skyfield on top of the two I already play, and I'm still not sure the Frozen City / Dimension Valley was a good split.

DevinTheWelf

A Mach Punch User
Just want to say that I LOVE the idea of this deck, it's extremely unique and well thought out. I think 1 more Frozen City and 1 more skyla should be added. being able to Skyls for Frozen City and play Rainbow energy all in one turn is amazing. Have you tried testing 1 or 2 Evosoda? I'm not sure how great it'd be considering you only have the Nincada to evolve, but it IS your main strategy. Getting it set up should be prioritized.

Mora

Don't Panic
DevinTheWelf said:
Just want to say that I LOVE the idea of this deck, it's extremely unique and well thought out. I think 1 more Frozen City and 1 more skyla should be added. being able to Skyls for Frozen City and play Rainbow energy all in one turn is amazing. Have you tried testing 1 or 2 Evosoda? I'm not sure how great it'd be considering you only have the Nincada to evolve, but it IS your main strategy. Getting it set up should be prioritized.

I think I could see another Frozen City because I'm not too sure of what the Stadium count should be. The main reason for Skyla and the other Supporters being a one of is more for flexibility with VS Seeker, having potentially a wide variety of effects depending on which Supporters are in the discard, but you're right that it's a pretty convenient way to search out Stadiums, which I could see being really useful. Since I have extra space, I'll do those changes. Thanks.

+1 Skyla
+1 Frozen City

Two free spaces left.

Kecleon-X

124c41+
I might forgo the Dimensional Valley and just use the DCE to fight with. I mean, all the attacks in your deck won't use more than a DCE, so there isn't much point other than maybe fighting with Shedinja's attack for free.

In their place, I might go for a few Trainer's Post to speed things up a bit.

John Riches

Aspiring Trainer
have you thought about adding a wally or two in your deck as i was thinking even if u went second with a mew in active and nicada on bench next turn if u have wally rainbow and frozen in hand if lucky a band aswell u can wally turn 1 for shedinja then lay frozen city use rainbow attach band and turn one do 170 damage with mew ex

Mora

Don't Panic
I don't think that would happen too often, but then again, I haven't tested with any of new cards yet. I could try one, but I doubt I'd have it in my hand turn one when I need it. It still might be nice to get Shedinja into play quickly in the late game though. I'll think on that.

Neil K

Aspiring Trainer
if youre gonna run the mew version, do you think frozen city is really necessary? mew is gonna get hit as it is, id worry more about keeping a damaged mew on the board then to utilize frozen city. with only 120 HP it's fragile, but i think if you just focus on keeping Shedinjas on your bench you wont have to worry about attack power too much.

Mora

Don't Panic
I figure I need the Frozen City / Rainbow Energy combo because I can't always rely on Mew to take a hit. Yveltal, Manectric, Groudon, Kyogre, Gardevoir, etc. are all easily capable of OHKO'ing Mew. If a lot of stuff OHKO's Mew, that means I won't be able to take advantage on Shedinja's attack, which is what this deck is supposed to do. And if Mew can't take a hit, then neither can Shedinja; poor thing only has 30 HP lol. Being able to attach a Grass to Shedinja and hit 120 with Muscle Band x2 Weakness on Groudon or Kyogre (or Toad) sounds pretty sweet.

Draaka

Aspiring Trainer
I have been testing a similar deck (without the Seismitoad or virizion) and it's a fun deck but it's super fragile. I think you need to focus on being fast and brutal with mew. Ideally you need to go second, and on your first turn set up Frozen City, play a Rainbow energy on Mew, and then get your shedinja on the bench with wally. Then you can start sweeping for 150/170/180 depending on if you can get out a muscle band or silver bangle. That should KO anything your opponent has set up then the amount of pressure you are putting on your opponent will be so intense they are not likely to recover. You want a megaphone or two as garbador is still around occasionally and they will mess up anyone who is trying to play megas against you. And in your next turn hit mew with another energy then you can even one shot megas or wailords.

Keep some grass energy for your shedinja incase you hit a safeguard stall or a pyroar deck. As with a muscle band and a grass energy (two damage from frozen city) you can one shot a pyroar.

Overall I don't think it's the most consistent deck, as if you get a slow start you won't win. But it can be fun and devastating.

Darkness3827

Aspiring Trainer
Personally I would be most worried about facing a pyroar, suicune, etc deck or a deck involving garbodore. If you face Pyroar or suicune you are screwed as your only damage is with shedinja. You could throw garbodore in as a counter but that would then get rid of mews ability (and Mr Mime's as well) and you would be forced to play with seismitoad, shaymin, and virizion (although that is better than only shedinja). Obviously vs a garbodore deck Mew is useless so you might want to throw in some startling megaphones in (or xerosics if you plan on putting garbodore in yourself, so you can use it to get rid of your own garbodore's tool). Other than that this seems like a very hard deck to beat if you can make sure you start out well.

Last edited:

Mora

Don't Panic
Personally I would be most worried about facing a pyroar, suicune, etc deck or a deck involving garbodore. If you face Pyroar or suicune you are screwed as your only damage is with shedinja. You could throw garbodore in as a counter but that would then get rid of mews ability (and Mr Mime's as well) and you would be forced to play with seismitoad, shaymin, and virizion (although that is better than only shedinja). Obviously vs a garbodore deck Mew is useless so you might want to throw in some startling megaphones in (or xerosics if you plan on putting garbodore in yourself, so you can use it to get rid of your own garbodore's tool). Other than that this seems like a very hard deck to beat.

Not too worried about Pyroar because it's practically not a thing any more. I can't think of a single good match up for it at the moment except maybe Manectric decks that don't play the Mega. I think relying on Shedinja to deal with a Suicune or two is doable. I'm assuming I'm not going to be playing against a deck full of Safeguarders. Garbodor could definitely give this deck some problems, but if it's Seismitoad Garbodor, I think that's a very playable match with Virizion, Shedinja, and Seismitoads of my own. I might throw in a Xerosic if I expect to see a lot of Garbodor.

MMAmonchan

Pokemon = Dota2
Is this the rogue flavor of the month, Mora? Cute. I have nothing productive to say except that the list is pretty well done. Silent lab makes this deck cry though.

Mora

Don't Panic
Well I do play an excessive 6 Stadiums. I might drop a Dimension Valley just because I don't think it's that big of a deal when the attack I want to copy only costs one Energy.

Also, this was technically rogue flavor of last month.

Darkness3827

Aspiring Trainer
Well I do play an excessive 6 Stadiums. I might drop a Dimension Valley just because I don't think it's that big of a deal when the attack I want to copy only costs one Energy.
I would agree dropping Dimension Valley since the point of Mew is to get it damaged with the Rainbow / Frozen City combo to use Shedinja's attack. The only use for Dimension Valley would be if Mew is already damaged, but it is unlikely it will be damaged before you get any energy onto Mew, or using attacks of one of the other pokemon (however using it for quaking punch would be useless since you run DCE and using it for Virizion or Shaymin I feel is just too situational for it to warrant putting 3 DVs in, if you have those guys on your bench just Switch (or Float Stone) them in and save Mew for use with Shedinja, those 3 cards can be used for much better things than DV).

Mora

Don't Panic
I think 3 Dimension Valley is too much since you're right, it's not the focus of the deck, but there are a few situations that I think Dimension Valley would be really good in. It is in there primarily for taking advantage of Quaking Punch. It is true that I play DCE, but I only play one DCE. Since I already play Rainbows, I think there is potential to take advantage of attacks on my opponent's Pokemon. Evil Ball & Y Cyclone, Assault Laser, even Emerald Break for just a DCE. Maybe I should play more DCE now that I think about it. But the point is that I have options aside from Shedinja, which is good because I don't want to have to rely on having to set up a 30 HP Stage 1 on my Bench. I can totally understand why the split Stadiums are unattractive though.