Mew EX, Dustox, Ninetales

D.N.A

Aspiring Trainer
So Mew EX is the new and improved Mew Prime, the same goes for Ninetales and Leafeon UD.

Mew-EX – Psychic – HP120
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Versatile
This Pokemon can use the attacks of all Pokemon in play as its own. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)

[P] Replace: Choose as many Energy cards attached to your Pokemon as you like, then reattach them to your Pokemon in any way you like.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

---

Ninetales – Fire – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Vulpix

Ability: Bright Look
You can use this ability 1 time, when you play this card from your hand to Evolve a Pokemon. Choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon and switch it with his or her Active Pokemon.

[R] Cursed Flame: 20+ damage. Does 50 more damage for each Special Condition on the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: Water (x2)

---

Dustox – Psychic – HP130
Stage 1 – Evolves from Cascoon

[P] Dangerous Scale: The Defending Pokemon is now Asleep, Burned, and Poisoned.
[P][C][C] Aerial Ace: 50+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 more damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)

Mew as your active Pokemon with Ninetales and Dustox sitting on your bench. Use Dangeorus Scale to leave your opponent with 2 or 3 special conditions come the next turn, then hit with Cursed Flame for 120-170 damage without factoring in burn/poison. One Prism Energy covers all this.

Thoughts? Are there any cards that will be in the next rotation that have a similar Ability to Roserade/Houndoom Prime etc. that can cause a Status Condition with an ability? Carnivine DE would be an interesting one to tech in as well.

Amoonguss NEX
when it evolves it confuses and poisons
will work nice with devolution spray

dont know about using dustox though, people could simply switch or retreat to get out of special conditions

No, Mew EX is the new and improved Mew ex. =p

Yeah i'd much rather use Amoonguss with SSU and Devolution Spray over Dustox and not give my opponent a chace to potentially get out of the special conditions. It would also mean you don't have to add Rare Candy and leaves you alot more space for techs. plus Being able to hit for 120 damage (130 after poison) for a single energy is pretty good. Plus Power takes care of any addtional damage you might need and you can Catcher up anything that's just outside of your damage range.

Emperor said:
No, Mew EX is the new and improved Mew ex. =p

Yeah i'd much rather use Amoonguss with SSU and Devolution Spray over Dustox and not give my opponent a chace to potentially get out of the special conditions. It would also mean you don't have to add Rare Candy and leaves you alot more space for techs. plus Being able to hit for 120 damage (130 after poison) for a single energy is pretty good. Plus Power takes care of any addtional damage you might need and you can Catcher up anything that's just outside of your damage range.

It's been a long time since I've played, but can't you just retreat out of confusion without penalty now anyway? Amoongus would not trap anyone.

You can retreat out of confusion, but since using Amoonguss doesn't require attacking you can hit with Mew/Ninetales on the same turn without the opponent getting a turn to retreat. Either way, I feel this idea won't go far because a 120 hp main attacker that gives up two prizes when KOed will make this deck extremely easy to beat.

Why would you ever use Mew with this? If you were going to run Ninetales/Amoongus, why not just attack with Ninetales? Not only does it have a decent ability, but most importantly it doesn't give up 2 prizes. Just play plenty of SSU and Seeker/Devolution Spray and it could be a decent deck.

Back